3vs3 GAC really?

Prev1345
So CG moved the crystal income to GAC making it the most important area of the game, and now they’re forcing us to play a stupid mode they invented just to give players something different a lot of time ago.
3vs3 is not how this game is supposed to work. Until it was just for fun was ok, but forcing people playing it is beyond stupid.

Replies

• Options
    I’m looking forward to the change, I like having to think through new strategies and contingencies
  • Options
    You're not forced to do it, but joining does have incentives.
  • Options
    3 v 3 has never been very popular, so why do it?!

The biggest concern though is where's the balance? If we've been working to get the leagues balanced in 5v5; 3v3 will totally upset things.

I was really hoping that the new system was a sneaky way of killing off 3v3
  • Options
    3v3 is terrible, pointless, and they should just get rid of it. Period.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    soerohf0t3ki.jpg
  • Zaph0dd
    184 posts Member
    Options
    do 1v1 or 10 v 10
  • Options
    You're not forced to do it, but joining does have incentives.
    That was exactly my thought before moving crystals to GAC
  • Options
    If they are going to do 3v3, it shouldn't impact your 5v5 skill rating or vice versa. I'm not a fan of 3v3 and don't put nearly as much effort into it as I do for 5v5.
  • Options
    If they want to make 3v3 interesting, there should be no fleet reinforcements either.
  • Options
    "Simple" solution. Let players choose what mode they want to play. 3v3 or 5v5.
    Players are then matched with other players that made the same choice.
  • Options
    The single worst game mode. Nobody likes 3 x 3. Will they listen? Why start now?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    "Simple" solution. Let players choose what mode they want to play. 3v3 or 5v5.
    Players are then matched with other players that made the same choice.

That doesn't work. Much of the joy we get from 3v3 is derived from the fact other people hate it.
  • Options
    Screw you guys your not getting me in 3vs3
  • Options
    3v3 sucks!
  • Options
    BadWolf79 wrote: »
    So CG moved the crystal income to GAC making it the most important area of the game, and now they’re forcing us to play a stupid mode they invented just to give players something different a lot of time ago.
    3vs3 is not how this game is supposed to work. Until it was just for fun was ok, but forcing people playing it is beyond stupid.

Tbf, they invented all the game modes to give people something different...
  • Options
    We knew this would happen when we saw the 3v3 tab in the defense screen. I don't understand why some people act surprised.
  • Options
    I hated 3v3 grand arena towards the end and was bi monthly because they got rid of the GL counters so severely limited any off meta counters anymore.

However every now and then 3v3 would be nice as it totally freshens things up
  • Options
    I’m somewhat new to GAC, I hear a lot of people saying the don’t like 3v3. But I haven’t heard anyone explain why. Can someone please explain what it is about 3v3 that bothers many people?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I’m somewhat new to GAC, I hear a lot of people saying the don’t like 3v3. But I haven’t heard anyone explain why. Can someone please explain what it is about 3v3 that bothers many people?

I assume they're too lazy to think for themselves, and are used to relying on tried and true defenses and counters that were figured out by other people.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 is the sequel trilogy of GAC - pretty much everyone hates it, a vocal minority pretends that it's the best thing ever and the powers that be agree with that minority for some inexplicable reason.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    3v3 is the sequel trilogy of GAC - pretty much everyone hates it, a vocal minority pretends that it's the best thing ever and the powers that be agree with that minority for some inexplicable reason.

Got data on any of this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • FurytheOriginal
    154 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    3v3 for GAC no longer makes sense since there are characters that require 5 members to operate properly including their GAC Omnicrons
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 for GAC no longer makes sense since there are characters that require 5 members to operate properly including their GAC Omnicrons

Starkiller, for example, is broken in 3v3
  • Options
    I like 3v3.. not because I actually like it but because of the melts
  • Options
    I don't care about 3v3 one or another. What I dislike is that some rather large roster development investments suddenly lose a large chunk/all of their value in 3v3 absent some kind of game mechanic change. That needs to be addressed ***AND TESTED*** before 3v3 becomes active.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

1) he's the only one :joy:
    2) CG said they'd fix his kit for 3v3
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

1) he's the only one :joy:
    2) CG said they'd fix his kit for 3v3

Not really, Gideon is another one that only works as a lead in 5v5.

That said, I don't really mind if a extremely small percentage of characters don't totally work in 3v3, having to think outside the box is fun and why I don't mind that mode
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I assume they're too lazy to think for themselves, and are used to relying on tried and true defenses and counters that were figured out by other people.

When it actually gets going I don't mind it. However, it's kind of GAC 'lite'. A diluted version of the game. It's never been as popular as the 5v5, which the whole balance is based around.

If it isn't as popular as 5v5, why bring it back? On another thread a guy had a good idea of replacing arena with it. That sounds fun.

The big problem for me is; we've been working towards getting everybody in their right place for GAC leagues. Now that's all going to be upset by a totally different format.

What was popular, was GAC without ships. It was temporarily removed though because of the GP problem. Now, GP is no longer a problem.

What would be most popular if you had standard GAC, 3v3 or 5v5 no ships? I know which I'd most like to play. And it ain't 3v3 or ships!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

When it actually gets going I don't mind it. However, it's kind of GAC 'lite'. A diluted version of the game. It's never been as popular as the 5v5, which the whole balance is based around.

If it isn't as popular as 5v5, why bring it back? On another thread a guy had a good idea of replacing arena with it. That sounds fun.

The big problem for me is; we've been working towards getting everybody in their right place for GAC leagues. Now that's all going to be upset by a totally different format.

What was popular, was GAC without ships. It was temporarily removed though because of the GP problem. Now, GP is no longer a problem.

What would be most popular if you had standard GAC, 3v3 or 5v5 no ships? I know which I'd most like to play. And it ain't 3v3 or ships!

We all knew 3v3 was/is a thing, so the excuse that we're all "getting things in place for 5v5" is willful ignorance. Especially given that arena has virtually no bearing anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing the no ships GAC in rotation occasionally. Honestly anything a little different is welcome from time to time.