Little change to improve Omicrons

panetone
33 posts Member
edited April 2022
I was struggling to decide, who Omicron next? Help me (GAC Omicron) or help my guild (TW Omicron). Then had a thought... CG could just separate omicrons in two groups: PVP Omicrons work in GAC and TW, and PVE Omicrons work on any other part of game. I see a lot of advantages to us players: we could use arena to test PVP omicrons and any PVE table to test others They should be active in Conquest, GC, events...It would be so cool. And my struggle would be over since I would be helping me and my guild.

What do you all think?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• harvestmouse
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The problem with that would be some omicrons make (or supposed to make) some legendaries GL beaters in one environment. Star Killer in GAC. GI and Old man Boba in TW. If it were a PvP omicron then they'd basically be GL standard.

Agree with the PvE omicron though. An omicron that worked in TB, GC and Conquest would be more tempting.
  • Options
    Good point!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Helping yourself helps your guild too.
    Considering the omicrons, I think all should be active in squad arena. It's the closest thing to a sandbox mode we are going to get, so they might as well lean into it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Instead of doing that, they are granulating the usage even more. So that's not the way this is gonna go.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Instead of doing that, they are granulating the usage even more. So that's not the way this is gonna go.

Granulating is fine if they also increase the availability or make it cost less. As it is, we are expected to pay the same amount of a rare resource for something that works only half of the time (assuming 50/50 split between 3v3 and 5v5).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Granulating is fine if they also increase the availability or make it cost less. As it is, we are expected to pay the same amount of a rare resource for something that works only half of the time (assuming 50/50 split between 3v3 and 5v5).

Yes I don't like it either. But it seems to be the direction they are going. It also makes the gear investment worse for something you can limitedly use.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Helping yourself helps your guild too.
    Considering the omicrons, I think all should be active in squad arena. It's the closest thing to a sandbox mode we are going to get, so they might as well lean into it.

And/or conquest
  • Options
    As much as I’d love Conquest Omis, they’d either curse us with a terrible-without-omi team always getting feats or a good team never getting them again.