1460 posts Member
    Options
    Barf barf barf that's some heavy handed predatory marketing of Inquisitoris
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options

We all expected it though
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

how is it predatory marketing?
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    Ajunta Pall and Bendak Starkiller been in this game before?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, that's some ugly feats. Welp, easy decision.. more free time and less crystals spent since unless you whaled on Inq's, no red crate feasible.
  • Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

"Predatory advertising, or predatory marketing, can be largely understood as the practice of manipulating vulnerable persons or populations into unfavorable market transactions through the undisclosed exploitation of these vulnerabilities."

I think in some ways you can call this that.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »

"Predatory advertising, or predatory marketing, can be largely understood as the practice of manipulating vulnerable persons or populations into unfavorable market transactions through the undisclosed exploitation of these vulnerabilities."

Not really. Not having Inquisitors makes this harder, but none of any of it has to do with marketing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Haha... we're a vulnerable population now? Judging by the IQ of some of these posts, you may be on to something.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    My gut reaction is this will be the most expensive set of conquest feats to red crate. There are many reasons for that that are all obvious. Red crate, I believe, is doable for anyone who typically gets the red crate. I don’t really see an issue with the purge and kill feats though kill will be harder without being able to jml cheese. I do see a problem with full inquisitors feats in sector five when three of the five aren’t even farmable yet.

I also am disappointed they returned to faction specific global feats as that’s just repetitive and boring. I’m hoping I’ll red crate these so I can unlock in three months but I won’t enjoy this set and already am looking forward to august conquest in hopes they won’t kill the fun of the mode with terrible feats.

Oh @Ultra feel free to merge my thread with the other one or vice versa no need for both.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

lol

Ads on Youtube? Predatory advertising
    Oil Change on a discount? Predatory advertising
    Buy one get one free? Predatory Advertising
    Bail to get out of jail? Predatory Advertising
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Talia, NS Initiate, and Zaalbar? Huh?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    So unless you whaled on inquisitors there are 19 banners out of reach. Possibly another 10 since we need to get purge 300 times. Then 2 for starkiller. So 31 banners.

Then we are back to the redundant and over grindy feats….sigh….CG gonna CG
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

lol

Ads on Youtube? Predatory advertising
    Oil Change on a discount? Predatory advertising
    Buy one get one free? Predatory Advertising
    Bail to get out of jail? Predatory Advertising

Tears on forums? Priceless.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?****=ecf05e472c8smcmojwm1h0v2z2kt0424kvvend5lcw3apzo1&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So unless you whaled on inquisitors there are 19 banners out of reach. Possibly another 10 since we need to get purge 300 times. Then 2 for starkiller. So 31 banners.

Don't forget sector 4 boss feats.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hm so 19 burritos hard locked and another 15-20 soft locked by Midquisitors.

Post edited by SemiGod on
  • Options
    this is awful. And yet, what I expected when Meathead said Inquisitor feats in conquest. I've been not playing conquest. Considered playing this one, for Malgus. These feats say skip. Less monotonous = more feats with factions that have fewer toons somehow, in the heads of the powers that be.

Do better, CG. Cuz given this feat list, it's not a happy May the 4th you're inflicting on us.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    this is awful. And yet, what I expected when Meathead said Inquisitor feats in conquest. I've been not playing conquest. Considered playing this one, for Malgus. These feats say skip. Less monotonous = more feats with factions that have fewer toons somehow, in the heads of the powers that be.

Do better, CG. Cuz given this feat list, it's not a happy May the 4th you're inflicting on us.

I just play it casually and collect the easy rewards. If a toon proves worthy, there are ways to get it later. Less money and less stress.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

No I got that one. I missed the sector 3 feat though.

So it’s actually:

-10 in sector 3 for defeating enemies with inquisitors
    -14 in sector 4 from trying to purge 300 times (10) and the full team boss feat (4)
    -15 in sector 5 for the 14 battles with full inquisitors.

So 39 banners that are pure inquisitor. Purge is possible but 300 times is just ridiculous. Need some mass assists for that one. Maybe SEE or even the data disk for mass assists and perseverance if we are lucky.

I mean I expected the inquisitors to eat up a portion especially with Darth Malgus coming as the prize but the insane over repetitive feats are just lame. I’ll get the 6th crate and buy shards like usual. I’ll get him in 4/5 conquests. Won’t even bother buying the pass. CG sure knows how to cut their nose off to spite their face

• Options

I just play it casually and collect the easy rewards. If a toon proves worthy, there are ways to get it later. Less money and less stress.

For awhile I played until I'd find a node with dupes of disks. Just as a sort of benchmark of where my frustration is. But the monotonous and repetitive feats just for the sake of burning energy....it wouldn't hold my interest more than 1-3 days. The whole thing is repetitive. which teams you can fight. Which disks you can choose from on a node (that aren't just dupes). Which teams you have to use to clear the feats.....it's busy work. I have other games I can play for busy work that, while making me grind, at least know how to make the grind palatable. CG could do with some lessons there. I'll probably just skip this one too. Shame cuz I'd like Malgus but oh well. Doing fine without any of the toons that came after CAT and I'm sure I'll survive without him too.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

For awhile I played until I'd find a node with dupes of disks. Just as a sort of benchmark of where my frustration is. But the monotonous and repetitive feats just for the sake of burning energy....it wouldn't hold my interest more than 1-3 days. The whole thing is repetitive. which teams you can fight. Which disks you can choose from on a node (that aren't just dupes). Which teams you have to use to clear the feats.....it's busy work. I have other games I can play for busy work that, while making me grind, at least know how to make the grind palatable. CG could do with some lessons there. I'll probably just skip this one too. Shame cuz I'd like Malgus but oh well. Doing fine without any of the toons that came after CAT and I'm sure I'll survive without him too.

Same. Malgus does look pretty cool.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    I might just go the 6 month route on malgus if the first run seems too annoying
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wait, so is this right? You can only miss four keycards to get max crate? Isn't there usually more wiggle room than that?
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Wait, so is this right? You can only miss four keycards to get max crate? Isn't there usually more wiggle room than that?

No, you can miss 37.
  • BeralCator
    791 posts Member
    Options

No I got that one. I missed the sector 3 feat though.

So it’s actually:

-10 in sector 3 for defeating enemies with inquisitors
    -14 in sector 4 from trying to purge 300 times (10) and the full team boss feat (4)
    -15 in sector 5 for the 14 battles with full inquisitors.

So 39 banners that are pure inquisitor. Purge is possible but 300 times is just ridiculous. Need some mass assists for that one. Maybe SEE or even the data disk for mass assists and perseverance if we are lucky.

I mean I expected the inquisitors to eat up a portion especially with Darth Malgus coming as the prize but the insane over repetitive feats are just lame. I’ll get the 6th crate and buy shards like usual. I’ll get him in 4/5 conquests. Won’t even bother buying the pass. CG sure knows how to cut their nose off to spite their face

Some of these may be doable with the right data discs.

300 Purge could conceivably be done in 1 battle if you can get a loop with KRU or Nest.

Inquisitors spam a lot of debuffs too - defeating enemies could work with Amplify Agony maybe? Find a node with minimal AoE and use Wat to make someone perma-taunt?
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I might just go the 6 month route on malgus if the first run seems too annoying

I’m leaning in that direction too tbh. We will see. I was thinking about buying the 10 pass for these three but probably not anymore. With three omicrons on malgus I’m not going to have enough for him anyways assuming all are needed.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

It’s 34. 334 from feats 20 x 110 for the other 330. 630 max crate

Edit: oops it is 37 forgot about the new node in sector five
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    So I thought there were 20 battles per sector for a total of 300 keycards. Apparently I was missing something.
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

It’s 34. 334 from feats 20 x 110 for the other 330. 630 max crate

Edit: oops it is 37 forgot about the new node in sector five

Ok, so I was missing something. What's the other 10 from? I thought there were 20 battles per sector for 300 keycards.

22 per sector for 110 total plus the extra 3 from the new node post sector five boss. Oh btw apologies for the title was supposed to be a joke stopped after the c in the word that starts bit and ends in ing and it still censored it.
  • Options
    I'm gonna be free to play these next three! Down 41 points and it hasn't started yet!