Does Kylo Ren just not do a lot of damage?

EricsonX
703 posts Member
Just wondering, while mine's not crazy geared up, whether its the one I have, or the one's I've faced, they just never seem to do a lot of damage, or am I just imagining things/been lucky?

Replies

• Options
    His outrage under 50% health hits HARD. Like 8k+ with offense up. But he's so slow. If you focus him down, he'll die quick enough
  • Options
    He can do a lot of damage in the right situation. Kinda like Vader's culling blade. Problem is AI will never set it up right. He's not good on defense. I use him in an all sith team in gw (yes I'm aware he's not actually a sith) and he does quite well. Tons of health and specials get reset a lot. He's fun for sure. Might have a place in the new meta.
  • Options
    He's more of a utility to me rather than a damage dealer. He can counter, heal block, AoE. Whatever you need when his turn comes around.
  • Options
    It depend on circumstances. Normally his basic hit about 2.5K, AOE hit about 3K and outrage hit 4K. With offense up and advantage, his AOE can hit about 5K in critical. As other said, outrage can hit really hard when his health under 50%. Without offense up is about 6K. But when he got offense up(sometime he also got advantage). I have seen he hit 8-9K and 13K-19K in critical(depend on who lead the team). Not mention his cool down reset, sometime you can use his AOE or outrage over and over again. Yes, he is slow. If some one focus on him, he may not survive. Once he survives, he can cause some damage. If you have Phasma , Poggle or someone can give offense up, he usually can get buff because of his low speed. He is good with appropriate teammate.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I just farmed him up for the last few weeks to get, cause now I have a full FO team, though they're all 3-4 stars, save for Phasma at 6. I like using them as a C team in GW.
  • Options
    Kylo is generally considered one of the most balanced toons. Pretty good everywhere but not outstanding anywhere and played badly by AI. That's why he's not really in the current meta. Current meta is extremes. Extreme speed and/or extreme damage or high hp meat shields
  • Options
    Running him in an aoe offense up team.
    Dooku
    Sid
    Pog
    Yoda
    Kylo

Finding it lays waste to Droid, jedi, and rg teams
  • Rahwidodo
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Megaman101 wrote: »
    Dooku
    Sid
    Pog
    Yoda
    Kylo

this line up is similiar with mine.....I reach rank 1 daily with this formation, or if you want more defence, replace Yoda with RG or Poe
    Post edited by Rahwidodo on
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo is fine on offense. He's really bad when the AI uses on defense... so YMMV.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I run Dooku lead Phasma Kylo 5's Sid. He's a flipping gem. I rank 1 at payout everday buddy. I drop to about 14 overnight. Hits okay on basic but you use it probably 1/4 moves since his CDs reset like crazy. AoE is good. look up his stats on Swgohcantina. Shows everything for all chars. His outrage does dummy damage. Hits 4k when above 50% which is meh. But does a little more than 7k when below 50%. And if he crits well then he does about 10500 k. If he has offense up as well as crit then he'll do a little more than 14k. (:
  • Options
    Rahwidodo wrote: »
    Megaman101 wrote: »
    Dooku
    Sid
    Pog
    Yoda
    Kylo

this line up is similiar with mine.....I reach rank 1 daily with this formation, or if you want more defence, replace Yoda with RG or Poe

I tried a couple times with Poe. Only 6* but I like it.
  • Options
    As others have said, he does very well in the right team with a human user. AI tends to waste his moves on defense. I use him on my team and he is good fun. I play;

Phasma(L) - Kylo - GS - Daka - Dooku ,

and i am currently farming 5's to replace either Dooku or Daka later on.

• Options
    Kylo blows
  • Options
    Its fun to run him with Count Dooku and watch them both counter together at times, given that Kylo has used his Aoe on the last turn.
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'