Can we get an update on when the Dread data disk will be fixed?

HokieFiend
445 posts Member
In the past there have been issues related to feats that were not corrected before Conquest ended. This bug persisting through the entire conquest would mean 15 keycards are going by the wayside. There is little wiggle room for most players if that's going to be the case.

Replies

• Options
    I would plan for it not to be fixed. I doubt they actually care.
  • Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    Options
    CG never fixed any Conquest issues while the event was running. I see zero chance they start working now.

IF we're lucky (and thats a big IF), they might fix it by the time the event comes back, in 1 month.
  • Winterwolves
    1742 posts Member
    Options
    There have been feats they fixed mid conquest before. During the BH one they fixed one, but doing it reset everyone's progress to zero on that feat, unless they had finished it completely. So look out if they are going to fix the nihilus sion one, better get it done or do none at all until the fix. There was zero acknowledgement of that getting reset to zero, no crystals used for energy returned. Just had to suck it up and do it all again.
  • StewartH
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Just got this disc tonight. Does it work and not record the feat progress or does it just not work at all? Seems like it could be good to use but don’t want to waste time\energy if it’s entirely broken.
    Thanks
  • BeralCator
    791 posts Member
    Options
    I would expect this will be fixed in this week's update. Otherwise anyone who purchased a Conquest Pass would have a very legitimate "bait and switch" grievance. Having 15 keycards that are totally inaccessible alters the difficulty of obtaining certain rewards in a material way, and someone may not have opted to purchase either pass knowing that they have significantly less margin of error.

There's plenty of precedent for fixes while conquest is running - there was the marked boss feat that didn't work properly in Conquest 13(?) that was corrected mid-Conquest. Meathead's response was quite prompt and his wording states "the upcoming release" rather than an upcoming release. We're due for a content update on 5/11.

I don't have a problem with the fix not happening immediately either, as the feat is clearly a late-game one (you have to get the 100 Revan/Malak kills first) and there's still plenty of time to do it. So let's hold off with the teeth-gnashing and pitchforks; if it's still broken at the end of Conquest, you can hold their feet to the fire.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

I don't have a problem with the fix not happening immediately either, as the feat is clearly a late-game one (you have to get the 100 Revan/Malak kills first) and there's still plenty of time to do it. So let's hold off with the teeth-gnashing and pitchforks; if it's still broken at the end of Conquest, you can hold their feet to the fire.

There are so many bugs in this Conquest that CG deserves to have their feet in the fire.
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I would plan for it not to be fixed. I doubt they actually care.

They are too busy trying to add more pixels to Pippin's foot hair now that they announced the LOTR game.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    Havnt read into this yet. So the dread disc is bugged? If I don't have inquisitors then there's no point in going for max crate then?
  • Options
    StewartH wrote: »
    Just got this disc tonight. Does it work and not record the feat progress or does it just not work at all? Seems like it could be good to use but don’t want to waste time\energy if it’s entirely broken.
    Thanks

The former afaik.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    Havnt read into this yet. So the dread disc is bugged? If I don't have inquisitors then there's no point in going for max crate then?

Max crate is still possible without the dread feat but really no margin for error. Assuming you have jkl jml and wat both the kill with inquisitors in s3 and purge in s4 are quite easy with a single frenzy tech. I’m also sure other solutions exist.

This leaves 19 missed keycards from the other inquisitor feats. Through the s5 mini boss, I’ve managed to complete all mini boss/boss feats that don’t require inquisitors. S5 boss feats look doable for me. So I could manage max crate without dread probably. You can even skip the sk feat and still get max crate.

I hope they fix it so I can skip droid kills in sector 2 and geos in s4. I also would hope that they would bump everyone up one crate if they don’t fix it though I doubt that would happen.
  • zatchy
    132 posts Member
    Options
    So much broken with this conquest, but CG doesn’t care.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    Options
    I have invested tons of time, crystals, and money (conquest past) to get the red crate... if they give us .I. I'm gone. I hate that mode but at the end of the tunnel is see light (Malgus) so at least I could justify my non-enjoyment.
  • thedrjojo
    955 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Max crate is still possible without the dread feat but really no margin for error. Assuming you have jkl jml and wat both the kill with inquisitors in s3 and purge in s4 are quite easy with a single frenzy tech. I’m also sure other solutions exist.

This leaves 19 missed keycards from the other inquisitor feats. Through the s5 mini boss, I’ve managed to complete all mini boss/boss feats that don’t require inquisitors. S5 boss feats look doable for me. So I could manage max crate without dread probably. You can even skip the sk feat and still get max crate.

I hope they fix it so I can skip droid kills in sector 2 and geos in s4. I also would hope that they would bump everyone up one crate if they don’t fix it though I doubt that would happen.

Bring your inquistors with the Darth malgus summon at end of s5, easy 14 full inquistors team
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Bring your inquistors with the Darth malgus summon at end of s5, easy 14 full inquistors team

Depends on opponent you draw imo
  • Skinless
    20 posts Member
    Options
    We're due for a content update on 5/11.

Is there somewhere that lists the dates of upcoming content updates that aren’t highlighted by a Dev announcement with updates contents? Couldn’t find where this date might be listed. I’m only curious as knowing this and other future dates would be good to have idea about. I appreciate any info! :)
  • Options
    Skinless wrote: »
    We're due for a content update on 5/11.

Is there somewhere that lists the dates of upcoming content updates that aren’t highlighted by a Dev announcement with updates contents? Couldn’t find where this date might be listed. I’m only curious as knowing this and other future dates would be good to have idea about. I appreciate any info! :)

Content updates are generally every 2 weeks. They add the new Galactic Challenges, farming nodes, etc. The "off" week is generally used for server or title updates. While there isn't a formal schedule posted you can work out the cadence from the dev posts.
  • Options
    Seriously, STILL no word from CG on this, isn't @CG_Tusken_Meathead job *literally* supposed to be communication with the player-base?!
    No wonder relations with CG are at an all time-low what with increasing numbers of bugs, never-ending post-release unit "investigations", leaked plans for time-limited investments, and pushing all game modes ever deeper into whale territory!
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Could have stopped the post at "could we get an update?" because the answer to that question is always "no."
  • SiDuke
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Wishful thinking but can we get an extension on the conquest ? I wasted a ton of energy and refreshes grinding dread until I found out it was bugged…