Having extreme difficulty with the galactic war

AK5x5
11 posts Member
I'm just over halfway on the map and I have had a terrible time trying to beat this guy. I have found at least 30 times. I recently discovered you can retreat and you don't lose your characters from US the war and if you use different guys and Target certain guys you can slightly change the preprogrammed AI ****.

I'm going to try to link pictures of my set up and I why I have to choose from as well as the opposing army.

Replies

• Options
    Your link isn't embedded and even going to photobucket doesn't work.

You really should read some of the guides and search forums, retreat is a basic to completion of GW (though I don't usually have to anymore) .
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Send in a suicide squad (a weaker team of lower toons). Either use a team which can take out at least one enemy toon, or will be dead after 2-3 rounds. This leaves their characters with only basic attacks the first couple rounds of your next attempt, and should make for an easy victory. This helped me get over the hump of some really strong early teams, some days I used to use suicide squads for the last 4 or 5 battles. In particular, you want the enemy to use taunts, strong special attacks, turn meter advantage, or whole team buff/debuff moves. Just my opinion, I'm new to the forums
  • Options
    Also take a close look at how you finish each battle. Save their healers for last so you can extend the game while they are healing their last 1 or 2 toons, giving you time to heal yourself and let your specials refresh. Starting the next GW battle with a healthy squad that is ready to attack makes a big difference
  • GajoNikado
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Doesn't seems to be difficult:

-Lumi as a Leader with her leader ability to heal maxed out
    -Asoka, and JC as secondary healers
    -QGJ and Sid for the damage
    -Kill the Sid first, Lumi, Phasma, JC, don't touch Doku until he is the last man standing (NO AOE!!!)

For the future:
    -kick the wookie in the behind, and let him rest forever!
    -Start working hard on Barris Offee, Old Daka and Genosian Soldier. You will need Barris for Yoda, Old Daka and GS for... EVERYTHING!!! Dont forget that Old Daka can res a fallen member, heal and stun. You will so much apreciate when she stunns the last oponent and let your team use the basic abilities without loosing health on the last turn...
  • AK5x5
    11 posts Member
    Options
    [img][/img]image_zpssjmjbsxe.png
  • Options
    Farm JC and upgrade his heal ability until the CD is -1

You could use Lumi lead with JC & Asoka with two more dps toons

My GW squad always has Lumi,JC and GS
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've made a video on this new team that I just talked about. I decided to video the last 2 nodes after realising how strong the team was. Yeah, they weren't necessarily meta teams, but they were still pretty strong, and they got ripped apart. Also, sorry for bad quality and no sound as I have no way to record screen footage on an iPad.
    youtu.be/gEJ-rTflYkU
  • Options
    Bariss is critical for GW. Absolutely a must. I don't even focus on sid first, as I know I can still heal with Bariss if needed. She has become my favorite healer for GW, with Daka coming on strong (just need the stars for Daka).
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like some already told: Put Luminara as Leader, max her Leader-Ability, get/max JC these 2 are your most important chars. Sid and Ahsoka should do enough damage for GW, but it would help to get a "real" damage dealer as well. Get rid of Chewy as soon, as you have any other char strong enough (JC or damage dealer). Phasma could get replaced as well ... her damage is low, her turn meter-push has a high cool down and her AoE does almost no damage at all. Only good point on her is her leader ability, but you dont use it, because Lumis leader ability is way more important in GW.

You might push Asajj for your GW team, with gear 7+, she got a nice health steal = good to keep alive in gw + her buff-removal is very helpful as well.

for the current situation:
    • Luminara as leader (if her leather ability is high enough)
    • kill sid
    • kill lumi
    • kill jc
    • kill phasma
    • keep dooku last (dont touch him)
    • in case phasma got her advantage, attack her twice and return to the original track
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I've made a video on this new team that I just talked about. I decided to video the last 2 nodes after realising how strong the team was. Yeah, they weren't necessarily meta teams, but they were still pretty strong, and they got ripped apart. Also, sorry for bad quality and no sound as I have no way to record screen footage on an iPad.
    youtu.be/gEJ-rTflYkU
    Cool Team!

Barris as a leader hides biggest QGJ and Reys disadvantages (low health).
    Can you do all the 12 nodes with this team or you start with a 3rd healer then switch for this team at the last 2 nodes? The reason i'm asking that is because 2 healers with a long cooldown team can wear down after the 3rd-4th decent battle...

• Options
    My main squad for gw is QGJ (leader) luminara, yoda, JC and sid.

I almost always open with yoda tenacity ability, making me immune to any stun abilities (dooku or daka for example) then I concentrate on one character ( normally low health high damage dealer first) then I pick off their healers and as most squads have sid I finish him off last ( mainly because I'm a jedi squad and hitting him is tough)
  • Options
    I breeze through it with Barris (lead), JC, Rey, Dooku and GS
    With Barris lead, JC heals for 5K every other turn.