My opponent
0xja9hwyddpo.jpg
ie19dfaq4la7.jpg
f4r8txwnbfk7.jpg

ME
oyg1xgpac8qb.jpg
taumqvo290ka.jpg
l93396n5hcbf.jpg

Is this GP difference normal? I just got GAS and he has him at r7 and SEE. So it's safe to say I won't win this GA.

Replies

• StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    GP is not considered in MM. Only skill rating. You do well enough and/or your opponent does poorly enough that you are in the same league/division with the same skill rating so you get matched.
  • ir21tiny
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, is this new? For some reason, I thought it was based on GP.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    ir21tiny wrote: »
    Thanks, is this new? For some reason, I thought it was based on GP.

New-ish. It changed in December or so, when they moved crystals from SA to GA.
  • ir21tiny
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    fexoosfafwd7.jpg

My next opponent compared to my 2 GLs and 6.5mil GP. BUT, looking at their swgoh.gg history and they only do one attack or so to earn their crystals.
  • TargetEadu
    1578 posts Member
    Options
    Hi GA Opponent!
  • Options
    One of the players in my guild posted this cause some of us were complaining about match making. 2 mil vs 10 mil. His opponent has every GL.

paxz1o6kui3d.jpg
  • Options
    And there all R8 R9. Talk about your all time sand bagging.

nmd0v5g5lmf1.jpg
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options

nmd0v5g5lmf1.jpg

But MM is fair, they both have the same SR, there is a reason why he is where he is.../s

We are all made of star-stuff
  • harvestmouse
    894 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

nmd0v5g5lmf1.jpg

Unless something's changed in the last week, they have no defence set; on 5v5 or 3v3.
    Once in a while does do a full offence and then of course wins. So very sadly your guild mate has nothing to do this GAC round. Just depends on whether this player turns up or not.
  • Coffee4Closers
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    You're right. My guild mate said that. How did you know? I thought I left there user names outta the screenshots.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    You're right. My guild mate said that. How did you know? I thought I left there user names outta the screenshots.

Because that's the only way that player can fall to that low skill rating. If that player was competetive in gac, they should be at k1 or k2 by merely playing it. K1 is also where they initially started.
  • Options
    If you don't participate does your rank change? Say you skipped a few GACs.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

I don't think so. That players plays enough to get the contribution rewards without winning most of his matches.
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options

Yes, it counts 2 fights as lost, therefor lowering your SR accordingly and the 3rd fight is not counted. If you skip 2 rounds/ 6 fights, you lose SR for 4.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • dogwelder79
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    Let us know how it goes. Especially if your rival doesn't play and you win.
  • Options

If we were talking about a mackerel in the ocean, I'd never find it. However, a blue whale..........not so hard.
  • Coffee4Closers
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

If we were talking about a mackerel in the ocean, I'd never find it. However, a blue whale..........not so hard.

That's funny. That account is definitely a blue whale. What's the highest GP you've seen?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    OP i will not meet anyone

not even your GA opponent

unless it is over a cup of coffee
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hi my gac opponent
  • Options

That's funny. That account is definitely a blue whale. What's the highest GP you've seen?

The largest accounts and there are a few are about 11.4 million now. So 10.8 is right up there.

My range has been A3-K3 and I don't remember the largest I've face, as I don't really look at the GP that much. Maybe high 8s??? Definitely nothing anywhere near as big as 10.8!
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I wish they'd change the name to win points or something because skill has nothing at all to do with that number.

You can be outclassed by 3-4M GP, the higher guy can half **** it while the lower guy can bust his butt and show tons of actual ability, lose by 1 pt and the 'skill' points reflect the same as if you lost 1700-10
  • Options
    My opponent
    0xja9hwyddpo.jpg
    ie19dfaq4la7.jpg
    f4r8txwnbfk7.jpg

ME
    oyg1xgpac8qb.jpg
    taumqvo290ka.jpg
    l93396n5hcbf.jpg

Is this GP difference normal? I just got GAS and he has him at r7 and SEE. So it's safe to say I won't win this GA.

That is not too bad...

crymtglkkd9g.png
    2dua7nyhm6ox.png
    h0llbptfk56e.png

This is the Way
  • Options
    Why can't the League be determined by GP and Skill Points...

So if your GP is over 6m whether you have 2000 or 4000 you can't drop to a league where players are 2m GP

The opponent full cleared and I will be lucky to get 10 points:
    mpk3e8qqh27i.png
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Natetiffer wrote: »

So if your GP is over 6m whether you have 2000 or 4000 you can't drop to a league where players are 2m GP

mpk3e8qqh27i.png

Then lower GP would be blocked from best rewards by accounts who don’t participate. If I could stay kyber and do nothing, I’d do that in a second. But since I’d drop and my daily income would dry up, I put in the effort to fight every battle.
  • DarthGrff
    190 posts Member
    Options
    My opponent
    0xja9hwyddpo.jpg
    ie19dfaq4la7.jpg
    f4r8txwnbfk7.jpg

ME
    oyg1xgpac8qb.jpg
    taumqvo290ka.jpg
    l93396n5hcbf.jpg

He has more omi than me and I’m 6 mil 😂. Haven’t spent any in ages though saving for starkiller
  • Options
    Natetiffer wrote: »

mpk3e8qqh27i.png

All you need to do is attack once. Succeed or fail, you get 10 points to get the rewards
  • Options
    I haven't been able to actually play GAC for ages. I got into K5 with no GLs based mostly on huge accounts not doing anything. I'll lose 2 out of 3 rounds now but never actually drop because me and my 3.5 million GP account with no GLs is expected to lose against someone with 7 million GP and 4 GLs, so the penalty for losing is not high enough to relegate me to a lower league. Then I get a win against someone who only does one fight and quits so the cycle continues

GAC sucks unless you're in that top 5% of accounts and can't really be overmatched at all, in which case you're pretty much always going to have an "equal" fight
  • harvestmouse
    894 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I haven't been able to actually play GAC for ages. I got into K5 with no GLs based mostly on huge accounts not doing anything. I'll lose 2 out of 3 rounds now but never actually drop because me and my 3.5 million GP account with no GLs is expected to lose against someone with 7 million GP and 4 GLs, so the penalty for losing is not high enough to relegate me to a lower league. Then I get a win against someone who only does one fight and quits so the cycle continues

GAC sucks unless you're in that top 5% of accounts and can't really be overmatched at all, in which case you're pretty much always going to have an "equal" fight

Well this doesn't compute at all.

1. K5s swap with A1s at the end of the season.
    2. If you're losing 2/3rds of the time in K5 you'll get squished big time. This happened to me.
    3. If this is true, you're winning some (and won a lot in the past) and reaping the daily crystals as a benefit.
    4. 4 GL 7 million account in K5 is either not trying (congrats on the win) or part of this riptide K3-A3 group. It's all too easy getting caught in a squish/push scenario, which I think is happening to a lot of players.