Proving Grounds update

So, since I have RC and CAT, do I not get the shard shop currency from proving grounds? Pretty lame. I find it hard to believe that the amount of shard shop currency will break the “market” in the game.

Replies

• Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Not that I think it’s particularly game breaking for you to get shards but that was always a clear intention which was fully communicated.
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    Options
    Of course it won't break the market.

That said, you and I were never supposed to get more ShardShop currency from PG and I will never be stopped from buying something important in the ShardShop because I didn't get those extra shards & blueprints. The same argument you're making (that the amount of SSCurrency is no big deal) is easily turned back on you: the amount of SSC is no big deal, so why bother complaining you're not getting it?
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Yet one more example of how they will fix a pro-player issue ASAP, but will leave anti-player issues to linger.
  • Dedahl
    3 posts Member
    Options
    It was kinda funny for me because I don‘t have RC yet since I don‘t have BAM yet too but I already got the 330 shards for RC. They let me play stage 1 and gave me the 20 shards for RC so I‘m at 350 now. And I know that it‘s not how it is supposed to be :#
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, at least we get to keep the shard currency. And we could actually try out this new game mode.
  • Options
    I find it highly amusing that rather than state it was a bug, they didn't try and give it a positive spin and say 1st time was open to everyone to try once and was intentional.
    But no they can't even take advantage of a chance of that opportunity.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I find it highly amusing that rather than state it was a bug, they didn't try and give it a positive spin and say 1st time was open to everyone to try once and was intentional.
    But no they can't even take advantage of a chance of that opportunity.

Noone would believe that anyway. CG screwing up again is much more likely than CG intentionally doing something good.
  • Options
    Cg doesn’t know how to do something good… good isn’t in their vocabulary….. unfortunately.
  • Options

That said, you and I were never supposed to get more ShardShop currency from PG and I will never be stopped from buying something important in the ShardShop because I didn't get those extra shards & blueprints. The same argument you're making (that the amount of SSCurrency is no big deal) is easily turned back on you: the amount of SSC is no big deal, so why bother complaining you're not getting it?

I don't think anyone serious is complaining that they aren't getting the SSC. I think the complaint is that this is yet another example of CG penny pinching. It's another example of CG rushing to fix and acknowledge something wrong that benefited (however slightly) the players. It's just a wholly unnecessary move on their part, imo.
  • Options

I don't think anyone serious is complaining that they aren't getting the SSC. I think the complaint is that this is yet another example of CG penny pinching. It's another example of CG rushing to fix and acknowledge something wrong that benefited (however slightly) the players. It's just a wholly unnecessary move on their part, imo.

Right, I’m not complaining. I don’t NEED that little bit of extra. It’s just nice to have, is all. My point was that I don’t understand why it’s so important to them to not let us have it. They’ve made posts and fixes regarding the in-game market stability before (such as the decrease in conversion rate for toon shards, and the change in bronzium shard/full toon pulls). I don’t need it… it’s just nice.
  • Zaph0dd
    184 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The speed of the fix, compared to the outright ignorance in addressing other bugs for months or even years is pretty disgusting
  • mariogsh
    791 posts Member
    Options
    Proving grounds bug: 1 day to fix

Vulture droids bug: Not fixed yet, has been months
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Proving grounds bug: 1 day to fix

Vulture droids bug: Not fixed yet, has been months

Both bugs are also super obvious yet it took the players a month to get EA answers to even understand what the bug was.
  • flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    I have to disagree, while right now it wont break the market with the shard shop currency, in say 2 years when we have 10+ characters and ships we can get currency for we can really start making bank with that every month, and of course as time progressed and more chatacter are added the monthly currency will be ever so increasing.
    That is what will break the market, so this would be preventing that from happening in the future.
  • Options
    There's an easy fix to that, just introduce shared attempts and let people pick which shards they want
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There's an easy fix to that, just introduce shared attempts and let people pick which shards they want

That would limit new players too. Their position is bad enough with a year long wait and then painfully slow farm.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Lol so its invisible if you have 330 shards or 7 star unlock already?

Hadnt checked today
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to this because it was implied that relic 5 squads could make some achievements. I haven't found this to be the case as I have no GL, GAS, or even JKLS. I'm working on the latter.
  • Schwartzring
    1442 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    That is what will break the market, so this would be preventing that from happening in the future.

If it was a DAILY event, then you might have a point, but I have to disagree on a MONTHLY event.
    We could have TEN characters in there & it wouldn't make a dent in SSC compared to what I already spend there in a month.

Think about it, 10 Characters x 20 Shards x 38 Currency (The higher SHIP rate) = 7600 SSC

That is about 1.5 of the 50 combines or 4 or the 20 combines in a MONTH.
    An extra 3 Carbanti's every TWO months isn't going to break the game.

At the rate they are releasing new characters all it would be is a tiny gift towards helping you GEAR all those new characters.
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    Options
    In say 2 years when we have 10+ characters and ships we can get currency for we can really start making bank with that every month, ...

Or, and hear me out, after you have 5 toons in the Proving Grounds, adding one new one removes the oldest which then gets placed in some accessible farming location, so that if you got a single red-crate/normal or a single t1-crate/hard + 15 months of PG shards, you'd have the character almost for free (the last 5-10 shards could come from conquest currency somewhere along the way).

You'd have TWENTY-SEVEN MONTHS of a hard gate on the character, either Conquest rewards or gating behind PG with its pretty extreme difficulty, after which it becomes easily farmable AND prevents the ShardShopCurrency glut which you seem to worry about.

Again, I don't have a problem with preventing players who have the toon from getting SSC because I don't think it breaks the economy or heavily penalizes the player who has the Conquest toon. I think either way the SSC rewards just aren't enough to make a big deal out of.

But if you were worried about it, you're certainly not locked in to allowing infinite SSC increases over time just because you allow PG to be played this month by folks who already have RC and CAT.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options

Introduce? That's how galactic bounties work.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I laugh at how quick they fixed players getting some shard shop currency that really would not impact much. Whilst they fail to acknowledge many have lost out on tens of thousands in spending crystals on CAT and can not get any more shards because of moving goal posts. I think crystals are more valuable than some shards.