I'd love a pause button.

I'd love a pause button so I can stop the battle and retreat especially with lots of counter attacks and you know you are going to lose anyway. This would help in tw and GAC so you don't have to use flight mode. Just battle and if it goes badly quickly just pause and retreat.
I have had issues with turning off flight mode after a successful battle where the game just restarts so having a pause button available would fix this instead of using flight mode.

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    There is actually already a pause feature. If you leave the screen during a battle and returns, the screen will be replaced by a "Paused" pop-up. But that one is not doing much other than stopping any ongoing animation. Especially, it does not stop the countdown.

I guess what you are looking for is a "Forfeit" button, which you can click anytime and not only during your turn.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    There is actually already a pause feature. If you leave the screen during a battle and returns, the screen will be replaced by a "Paused" pop-up. But that one is not doing much other than stopping any ongoing animation. Especially, it does not stop the countdown.

I guess what you are looking for is a "Forfeit" button, which you can click anytime and not only during your turn.

You can NOT click the forefeit button any time which is OPs point since you need to get into the options menu which is unaccesable while you or your enemy take turns. So when being stuck in a loop (enemy CLS vs your Nest being a common example) you have no access to the forefeit button and either habe to sit it out or force close your app.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

You can NOT click the forefeit button any time which is OPs point since you need to get into the options menu which is unaccesable while you or your enemy take turns. So when being stuck in a loop (enemy CLS vs your Nest being a common example) you have no access to the forefeit button and either habe to sit it out or force close your app.

That was my point. A "Forfeit" button, which you can click ANYTIME.
  • Options
    And on that note ^ I miss SOAP's World First Posts lol
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    And on that note ^ I miss SOAP's World First Posts lol

At least someone does I guess. :)
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

They've actually addressed this in the past. They agreed it was troublesome, but didn't seem inclined to actually do anything.
  • Options
    They will never add one. They want engagement. This means watching Phoenix teams take endless turns in conquest for 3 to 4 minutes until you die.
  • Options
    Well when there's a timer, there's a timer for a reason; so a pause button would defeat the object.

I think we all would like a 'retreat any time' button; think how many smashed phones it would save? THINK OF THE PHONES!!!!

I've seen a stream where Crumb addressed this directly. His response was something on the lines of 'It's something we also want, however, the coding for it is problematic'.

Take that as you like. One thing I have learnt though, is never assume one piece of coding is easy/hard.