Prev1
Ultra
11509 posts Moderator
Preemptive thread creation

Replies

• Whatelse73
    2172 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe Darth Vader is Leia's dad. OMG!
  • Options
    Best episode yet, still can't believe 3rd Sister is Lando's mom.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Snape killed dumbledore?
  • Options
    Amazing episode! 3rd sister is the grand inquisitor.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Vader allowed Kenobi to escape. Yet he blames others if they lose hold on him.
  • Options
    The youngling popsicle lmao
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Vader allowed Kenobi to escape. Yet he blames others if they lose hold on him.

Yes. Hes known for doing things like that
  • Magruffin
    794 posts Member
    Options
    How did the Inquisitors base not have radar or anything that could pick up the underground's ships?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    So this episode jumped a bit for me at the beginning. Perhaps i wasnt fully awake but it felt like it through new characters at me.

Once we got to the fortress, things were much better. Called the droid having the tracker in it.

Though i think the droid has been reprogrammed and will have to be sacrificed/killed by series end.

I believe it will represent leia loosing her childlike innocence fully. 3rd sister hints at how sge had one when she was young and it was taken from her. So i see mirror image being projected there on lose of innocence
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    So this episode jumped a bit for me at the beginning. Perhaps i wasnt fully awake but it felt like it through new characters at me.

Once we got to the fortress, things were much better. Called the droid having the tracker in it.

Though i think the droid has been reprogrammed and will have to be sacrificed/killed by series end.

I believe it will represent leia loosing her childlike innocence fully. 3rd sister hints at how sge had one when she was young and it was taken from her. So i see mirror image being projected there on lose of innocence

My Tamagotchi died when I was just 8 years old. After that I was never the same.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    How did the Inquisitors base not have radar or anything that could pick up the underground's ships?

No shield, no Tie-Fighter, no radar, no defense turrets. That's a joke.
    Ah, and an another balls-less officer who sits by security rules just because she has a higher rank (and not her superior). As if ranks above his couldn't be traitors. As if Darth Vader would reproach him for doing his job too well. Darth Vader kills the incompetent, not those who do their job.
    This scenario was written by an intern.
    Post edited by Solarite on
  • Magruffin
    794 posts Member
    Options
    You'd think they'd scramble a few of the TIES they had hanging in the hanger as soon as the initial alarm went off
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Solarite wrote: »

Ah, and yet another balls-less officer who sits by security rules just because she has a higher rank (and not her superior). As if ranks above his couldn't be traitors. As if Darth Vader would reproach him for doing his job too well. Darth Vader kills the incompetent, not those who do their job.

“I am your commanding officer”… Um, no she’s not. Lol. There’s a huge difference between commanding officer and superior officer.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, remember the planet was supposed to be locked after Obiwan's escape? Well done Darth Vader...
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I guess apologists could say that 3rd Sister told the security officer to relax his guard and told the base to not fight back effectively in order to set up the story line of allowing them to escape so they could follow them to their base. It’s the same theory that’s been around forever to explain why the good guys always escape overwhelming forces. Leia even says so when they escape the Death Star. But if the writers want you to believe that, then they need to do a better job of portraying that.

The problems I’ve had with this show so far are that there are moments and scenarios that pull you out of your immersion in the story. Too many “Wait, what?!?” moments. I shouldn’t have to stop paying attention to what’s going on in the show to try to figure out why something they just said or did doesn’t make sense.

That being said, this episode was enjoyable. There were still some odd moments, but overall I enjoyed it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

My Tamagotchi died when I was just 8 years old. After that I was never the same.

It happens.

But i think this is more of her only friend kind of situation....
  • Options
    So we are now down to 2 episodes for this season to have any redemptive quality. Unreal.
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    So we are now down to 2 episodes for this season to have any redemptive quality. Unreal.

Whats unreal is that whe have probably spent at least half of the time on Reva and Leia instead of Kenobi and Anakin.
  • DarthGrff
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Best episode yet, still can't believe 3rd Sister is Lando's mom.

Why is this so accurate
  • Whatelse73
    2172 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

Ah, and yet another balls-less officer who sits by security rules just because she has a higher rank (and not her superior). As if ranks above his couldn't be traitors. As if Darth Vader would reproach him for doing his job too well. Darth Vader kills the incompetent, not those who do their job.

“I am your commanding officer”… Um, no she’s not. Lol. There’s a huge difference between commanding officer and superior officer.

All of Hollywood does this same stupid trope. So it's not a huge surprise they'd do the same thing here. It's not like there are millions of veterans in the country that could advise them on reality in the military...
  • Whatelse73
    2172 posts Member
    Options

Ah, and an another balls-less officer who sits by security rules just because she has a higher rank (and not her superior). As if ranks above his couldn't be traitors. As if Darth Vader would reproach him for doing his job too well. Darth Vader kills the incompetent, not those who do their job.

Why would they need a shield though? No one would "dare" attack this facility. I'm guessing that since it was built no one actually did. There were also tie fighters staged in the facility. (They did also let the Millenium Falcon leave the Death Star with very little resistance.)

As far as the officer, I imagine that is reality quite often with human beings. Not necessarily just in the military, but even in real life. (Celebrities play that game all the time after all.) This was also one of the reasons the empire failed. Everyone was so afraid of getting punished they didn't want to stand out or question anything.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    the walkout in the trenchcoat was goofy. they should have released all 6 at once.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    I’m waiting for the nerdier than me types to ID all the Jedi encased in orange jello.
    I’m glad OB got his swagger back finally. Washed up Ben was annoying.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Didn't like this episode at all
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »

It happens.

But i think this is more of her only friend kind of situation....

Also isn't a droid kind of a pet? (In this situation, atleast)

Dogs are pets but arent they also "man's best friend"?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I’m waiting for the nerdier than me types to ID all the Jedi encased in orange jello.

First one is the old jedi that helped ahsoka get her saber back

Tera Sinube
    wtmz5uyt1j9a.jpg
    tz3lwve4c2nr.jpg

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    The youngling was that really famous one Nada Gon Aliv.
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

First one is the old jedi that helped ahsoka get her saber back

Tera Sinube
    wtmz5uyt1j9a.jpg
    tz3lwve4c2nr.jpg

thank you I was wondering who anyone was in there. i only recognized the kid and the mom from I think ep1
  • Options
    Really lazy writing. Makes me sad.

They should have made this more personal/intimate show and forget all the shooting and chasing.

The entire inquisitor fortress was so dumb. Not believable at all. If they have no reason to protect the place "cos noone dares to attack", then why they had so many stormtrooppers and officers patrolling all the corridors and the hangar?

They had no knowledge of the place, yet they know there is an underwater secret entrance and some random console you can just sit in and control the entire fortress. :tired_face:
  • Options
    Really lazy writing. Makes me sad.

They should have made this more personal/intimate show and forget all the shooting and chasing.

The entire inquisitor fortress was so dumb. Not believable at all. If they have no reason to protect the place "cos noone dares to attack", then why they had so many stormtrooppers and officers patrolling all the corridors and the hangar?

They had no knowledge of the place, yet they know there is an underwater secret entrance and some random console you can just sit in and control the entire fortress. :tired_face:

Not to mention Fallen Order already did this episode.