MOD Slicers Tool kit!

_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited June 2022
Hello,

So if like me you enjoy the occasional investment in slicing for mods, well good news. CG appears to have ditched the £12 packs for the 6 dot mod slicers tool kit,

8elwka52m0ud.png

and replaced it with a 1999 crystal pack, with less reward!!!

hfphc1wwt2qq.png

So less actual stuff, for you guessed it MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Brilliant

Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do the math and realize it's worth it (arguably even better than the old offer and at 2x purchases per day) that's up to you.

The pack is amazing and a no-brainer 2x buy per day for any spender (or non-spenders that have some crystals saved up).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Oh dear, we have our first fanboy. If you have 4000 crystals ready to waste, go nuts. You paying more for these packs at 2000 crystals a pack. On top of that, you risk the R N G system giving you a BAD material roll which let me tell you is not stacked in your favour. At least before, you knew what you were getting and YES, you could purchase TWICE, Now it's like a fruit machine pot luck payout. Dress it how you want, this is not CG going out of their way to bring you better value. That would be like Darth Vader not choking you to death by the force for failing him for the last time.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I don't know how many Variable Resistors, Thermal Exchange Units and Micro Processors were included in the old pack so I cannot calculate on those rn. But they (except for Micro Processors maybe) are the stockpile mats that build up from GCs so they're not as important.

The old pack was 15$ (2356 crystals), so non-spenders couldn't even give it a shot.

The new pack is 1999 crystals (~15% less compared to the old one).

The new pack gives on average:
    - Mk 1 Amplifier: 13.45 (vs 15 old)
    - Mk 1 Capacitor: 35.75 (vs 45 old)
    - Mk 2 Pulse Modulator: 8.8 (vs 10 old)
    - Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module: 24 (vs 30 old)
    - Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit: 44 (vs ?? old)
    - Mk 2 Variable Resistor: 24 (vs ?? old)
    - Mk 2 Micro Processor: 13.45 (vs ?? old)

With the 357 saved crystals you can easily cover up the lesser amount of Amplifiers and Capacitors that you get. The ~1 less Pulse Modulator is not a biggy and as I said, the Resistors and Exchange Units are stockpile stuff anyway and probably had a comparable quantity in the old pack aswell. I guess Micro Processors are now more than before (don't think we got 15 before, did we?).
    Now the most demanded and important one, Circuit Breaker Modules - we still get a good amount of them while the pack is available for crystals and at a cheaper price.
    Post edited by Legend91 on
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hello,

So if like me you enjoy the occasional investment in slicing for mods, well good news. CG appears to have ditched the £12 packs for the 6 dot mod slicers tool kit,

8elwka52m0ud.png

and replaced it with a 1999 crystal pack, with less reward!!!

hfphc1wwt2qq.png

So less actual stuff, for you guessed it MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Brilliant

it’s a different pack, don’t like it just wait for the previous one to return

it’s not a big deal

i’ve seen screenshots of some good returns on these
  • Options
    Changing something from cash only to crystals (which can be had on sale at times and F2P have access to) seems like the opposite of greed. If anything this levels the playing field for F2P who started more recently and want sliced mods, as well as allowing spenders the option of buying more packs of this if they so chose.

There are many things, IMO, that need addressed and that CG needs called out for, but this is not at all one of them.
  • Options
    Selling packs for crystals is at least possible for competitive F2P who are good at resource management. Selling packs for money is a non-starter. Whether the pack is worth 1999 crystals vs what the OG pack would cost in crystals is irrelevant to me.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You know you can always just not buy it, right?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2336 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Crystals are more readily available now so I don’t have issues using some of mine to get these packs. You don’t need to buy crystals anymore you know.

I prefer packs sold by crystal amounts than dollar amounts since I can get crystals for free
  • Options
    With datacons in the horizon, I'm shocked people are spending money
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    With datacons in the horizon, I'm shocked people are spending money

Why?
  • Options
    With datacons, it's difficult to tell what will be the most impactful thing to invest in. Mods seem to really be working their way down in impact.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    With datacons, it's difficult to tell what will be the most impactful thing to invest in. Mods seem to really be working their way down in impact.

Datacrons will only affect maybe a dozen characters. Are you going to just not mod the other 200 characters in your roster that you might use?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Mods will still matter

You can have toons with datacrons and poor mods or datacrons with great mods

You don't have to choose one or the other
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I don't know how many Variable Resistors, Thermal Exchange Units and Micro Processors were included in the old pack so I cannot calculate on those rn. But they (except for Micro Processors maybe) are the stockpile mats that build up from GCs so they're not as important.

The old pack was 15$ (2356 crystals), so non-spenders couldn't even give it a shot.

- Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module: 24 (vs 20 old)

With the 357 saved crystals you can easily cover up the lesser amount of Amplifiers and Capacitors that you get. The ~1 less Pulse Modulator is not a biggy and as I said, the Resistors and Exchange Units are stockpile stuff anyway and probably had a comparable quantity in the old pack aswell. I guess Micro Processors are now more than before (don't think we got 15 before, did we?).
    Now the most demanded and important one, Circuit Breaker Modules - we get even more now on average.

YOu get less Circuit Breaker Modules though, since the $15 packs had 30. Not a bad buy, especially since it is for crystals and not actual money.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Datacrons will only affect maybe a dozen characters. Are you going to just not mod the other 200 characters in your roster that you might use?

30 datacons x 5 characters per squad= 150 maximum total characters effected.
    I have a 5.1 mod score and can confidently say that other aspects of roster development are becoming more important than mods. This will likely be more exacerbated by relic requirements by datacons.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    If you look carefully, you will find that one is bundle and the other is a pack.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

………..Datacrons will affect EVERY character. They will only have a ne plus ultra effect on a handful of characters. But every character will get the stat gains, every character of that alignment will get that bonus, and every character of that faction will get the extra bonus.

That’s a lot more than a dozen.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

………..Datacrons will affect EVERY character. They will only have a ne plus ultra effect on a handful of characters. But every character will get the stat gains, every character of that alignment will get that bonus, and every character of that faction will get the extra bonus.

Are you sure that any character below Relic 3 will benefit from datacrons?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Now the most demanded and important one, Circuit Breaker Modules - we get even more now on average.

YOu get less Circuit Breaker Modules though, since the $15 packs had 30. Not a bad buy, especially since it is for crystals and not actual money.

Oh true, it was 30 and not 20 - thanks for the correction. That lowers the value and puts it more closer to the old pack when keeping the decreased crystal price in mind. Any spender willl still buy every pack that he can grab.

I have a 5.1 mod score and can confidently say that other aspects of roster development are becoming more important than mods. This will likely be more exacerbated by relic requirements by datacons.

Mods have never been "working their way down in impact" and they never will. You could have a mod score of 8.0 and you still want to improve it because at the highest competetive ranks you'll face people with a score of 9.0, 10.0 and higher. There's a reason why Hawkeyes was camping at the top nearly undefeated and only fell off because he took the chill pill - crazy mod depth. The ppl up there with those 10.5m - 11m+ rosters alrdy have all the toys, mods are making the difference then and Hawkeyes has 141x 25+ and 467x 20+ speed ones.
  • Options

Oh true, it was 30 and not 20 - thanks for the correction. That lowers the value and puts it more closer to the old pack when keeping the decreased crystal price in mind. Any spender willl still buy every pack that he can grab.

Mods have never been "working their way down in impact" and they never will. You could have a mod score of 8.0 and you still want to improve it because at the highest competetive ranks you'll face people with a score of 9.0, 10.0 and higher. There's a reason why Hawkeyes was camping at the top nearly undefeated and only fell off because he took the chill pill - crazy mod depth. The ppl up there with those 10.5m - 11m+ rosters alrdy have all the toys, mods are making the difference then and Hawkeyes has 141x 25+ and 467x 20+ speed ones.

Exactly. They already have all the toys so mods are the only thing left to invest in. Glad to see we're on the same page that getting all the toys use now the priority.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

So you’re only ever have characters that are relic 3 or lower?

Bold move, Cotton, let’s see how it plays out.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

So you’re only ever have characters that are relic 3 or lower?

Bold move, Cotton, let’s see how it plays out.

Pretty sure he's just pointing out that unless your entire squad is a minimum of r3 the datacrons won't work at all.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    They work, but not for characters below the threshold.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

Not true. The entire squad needs to be at the minimum relic level for the specific datacron.
    For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Not true. The entire squad needs to be at the minimum relic level for the specific datacron.
    For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level.

Yeah, the long datacron post read like it can only apply to some, but this q/a made clear it is not.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Thanks, I hadn’t seen the QA until now. My mistake.