Evasion and GW

RedSix
92 posts Member
So my shard's arena is full of Dooku leads to give their teams enough speed and plenty of evasion. However, now that evasion meta is leaking over to GW. A quarter of the teams I played in GW, yesterday, were using an evasion leader! Let me tell you, it is super annoying. Are they beatable? Yes. BUT try to contain your frustration as the last guy starts dodging like crazy, now your GW grind lasts twice as long. Thanks, Dooku people for making another part of the game tiresome. (I really hate Dooku in this game and the prequels, so double hate for Dooku).

Replies

• Options
    The forums are divided with evasion and dooku. There are those who struggle with evasion and dooku and there are those who don't struggle with evasion and dooku.

If evasion and dooku were truly overpowered then every single person on the forums would bring this up as a issue that needs to be addressed. Not just some people.

So why are some struggling and some not? Answer: Gear. Get your toons to T8 gear, max level and max abilities make a HUGE difference. Once your toon is maxed then start combining the right squads to deal with the right enemy your facing. Pick and choose your abilities you will use wisely and your chances to win will go up.

Trust me because I used to be a dooku hater too. It's not that evasion and dooku is too powerful, it's because people are gimping themselves for not making their toons powerful enough.
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options
    The forums are divided with evasion and dooku. There are those who struggle with evasion and dooku and there are those who don't struggle with evasion and dooku.

So why are some struggling and some not? Answer: Gear. Get your toons to T8 gear, max level and max abilities make a HUGE difference. Once your toon is maxed then start combining the right squads to deal with the right enemy your facing. Pick and choose your abilities you will use wisely and your chances to win will go up.

This post isn't about evasion being OP, but ANNOYING. The evasion mechanism has not stopped me from finishing GW, but it has made the grind much, much longer and much more unappealing. Minutes are added to each match as "dodge" and "deflected" are the norm.

As pointed out, with the evasion mechanic there often is a lone toon, that just won't die, they won't win, but dodges eight times in a row, gets hit, heals, dodges eight more times, gets hit, heals..... and just wastes so much time.

Since there is no accuracy buff or counter to evasion beyond RNG, no gear, level, strategy will work.
  • Options
    I hope you come across my Ahsoka Jedi/NS hybrid team.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Get yourself Kylo and Lash Out on them.
  • Options
    If that is true then how come it doesn't bother every single person? There has got be some reasoning behind why people are divided on the issue? Honestly I never have experienced a lone toon dodging 8 times in a row from either my squad or the opposing squad. I could understand if I was facing a team say 10 levels higher than me. I'm at level 71 at the moment and I've never ran into a dodge team with or without dooku that made me say "man this dodge thing is tripping". It can't be cause of RNG either cause I'm sure you everyone that's played this game should have seen this by now.
  • Options
    I don't grind GW. You have all **** day to do it. I just do a fight here and there and always get through it no prob. Yes, evasion can be irritating but part of that frustration is rushing in the first place, I feel.
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If that is true then how come it doesn't bother every single person? There has got be some reasoning behind why people are divided on the issue? Honestly I never have experienced a lone toon dodging 8 times in a row from either my squad or the opposing squad. I could understand if I was facing a team say 10 levels higher than me. I'm at level 71 at the moment and I've never ran into a dodge team with or without dooku that made me say "man this dodge thing is tripping". It can't be cause of RNG either cause I'm sure you everyone that's played this game should have seen this by now.

People are divided on this issue, because many benefit from it, see Anonymous Llama. Also it mainly affects those of us who want to use Jedi in a *gasp* Star Wars game.

• RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Get yourself Kylo and Lash Out on them.

I hear that guy has an 8 pack.

• Options
    RedSix wrote: »

People are divided on this issue, because many benefit from it, see Anonymous Llama.

Yep. But when QGJ started ruining my days I didn't run to the forums to complain, I developed a better team and strategy and earned my wins.
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options

People are divided on this issue, because many benefit from it, see Anonymous Llama.

Yep. But when QGJ started ruining my days I didn't run to the forums to complain, I developed a better team and strategy and earned my wins.

I like complaining more than you apparently. Also, it's not about wins, it's about an annoying feature that sucks my time.
  • Options

People are divided on this issue, because many benefit from it, see Anonymous Llama. Also it mainly affects those of us who want to use Jedi in a *gasp* Star Wars game.

Ok see that answers my question on why evasion is a bother for you but not for others.

You do know that Sids sadistic glee gives him 35% evasion against Jedi right?

I'm sorry but you can't expect your favorite characters be the best in the game. If you want to run all Jedi that's you but don't expect them to demolish every single squad you face. It's not a lone dodge RNG that's the problem, it's your Jedi squad. Sorry but that's just how it is.

I understand your aggravation of it sucking up all your time but if your time is valuable then you probably shouldn't be playing games.

• RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options

Ok see that answers my question on why evasion is a bother for you but not for others.

I'm sorry but you can't expect your favorite characters be the best in the game. If you want to run all Jedi that's you but don't expect them to demolish every single squad you face. It's not a lone dodge RNG that's the problem, it's your Jedi squad. Sorry but that's just how it is.

I understand your aggravation of it sucking up all your time but if your time is valuable then you probably shouldn't be playing games.

Just like you and GW difficulty. I guess we both have our pet peeves and needed to vent.

I don't expect to win all the time, however, I did find this game was more FUN before the evasion mechanic went wild whether or not I won a lot or lost a lot.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I have noticed that even though I am not increasing my arena team's power, the GW teams I am facing are getting harder anyway.
    And I just faced a team with a Dooku leader where all I wanted to do with the B team was take him out and he evaded 5 straight attacks.
    Incredibly irritating, to be sure.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Just like you and GW difficulty. I guess we both have our pet peeves and needed to vent.

I don't expect to win all the time, however, I did find this game was more FUN before the evasion mechanic went wild whether or not I won a lot or lost a lot.

Yes I did complain about GWs and dooku, about 2 months ago but I grew my roster, geared and leveled up quite a few and it's been a lot easier now. Haven't lost a GW in 2 months. I realize now that back then I didn't have a diverse enough roster to compete GW and compete in arena. It will get better don't give up.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options

Why didn't you just title your post "please nerf dooku and sid so i can play with my jedi"
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »

Why didn't you just title your post "please nerf dooku and sid so i can play with my jedi"

Because I don't want characters nerfed, I just don't want everyone extending the meta into GW. I would like people to use restraint.

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »

Because I don't want characters nerfed, I just don't want everyone extending the meta into GW. I would like people to use restraint.

Restraint?

I don't think a board post is going to change anything. Most players aren't even a member of the message boards. I'm sure quite a few don't even read it.

It's okay, you can call for a nerf.. lots of people do. Just don't try to sell it as something else. The meta will change soon enough anyway.

For the record, I rarely use sid or Dooku in GW or arena. Usually i run my rebel squad, so I'm not trying to promote my own squad.
  • Options
    I feel bad that christopher lee died last year but yes dooku is a pain. The only reason people dont agree with u is because they use dooku and without him they are useless
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I feel bad that christopher lee died last year but yes dooku is a pain. The only reason people dont agree with u is because they use dooku and without him they are useless

I don't use dooku, i don't agree?

You use this word "only", i do not think you know what it means :smile:
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I have noticed that even though I am not increasing my arena team's power, the GW teams I am facing are getting harder anyway.
    And I just faced a team with a Dooku leader where all I wanted to do with the B team was take him out and he evaded 5 straight attacks.
    Incredibly irritating, to be sure.

@Qeltar
    It might be due to the increasing middle ground now that people are getting up in levels. I used to get lvl 60-61 teams on node 1, but now I am getting 63 teams on node 1.

Node 6 is where I began to see 7* lvl 70 teams, but now I get them on node 4.

As people go up due to the cap, the median shifts. I think once we hit 80 it will even out again.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got level 71+ teams for most of the last 8 nodes. I am level 72 but have only one level 72 character.
    I can't wait until the teams with super-buffed Leia and Rey using uncraftable gear start showing up. That will be "fun".
    Hoping that since the balance patch is next week, we will know better where the game is going and I can figure out where to put all the resources I've been stockpiling...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Yesterday I got level 71+ teams for most of the last 8 nodes. I am level 72 but have only one level 72 character.
    I can't wait until the teams with super-buffed Leia and Rey using uncraftable gear start showing up. That will be "fun".
    Hoping that since the balance patch is next week, we will know better where the game is going and I can figure out where to put all the resources I've been stockpiling...

Your posts are always right on the money!