Datacron relic prereq ?

Fredy5
328 posts Member
Why should I invest in Datacron that requires a whole team to be relic 5 while most of my Toons are blocked at G8 because of the gear Crunch and 5 years old requirement gears ?
Are you just giving features to less then 2% of the players ?

Replies

• Options
    Not giving to the 2% selling to the 2%.
  • Options
    Short answer is "Invest in getting all your characters to at least R5 and then you can invest in Datacrons". Problem solved, CG is happy
  • DMG_SW
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Why should I invest in Datacron that requires a whole team to be relic 5 while most of my Toons are blocked at G8 because of the gear Crunch and 5 years old requirement gears ?

Sounds like you answered your own question. You shouldn't invest in them.

If you don't have any R5 teams it sounds like you have plenty of other features in the game that you can focus on. When you're done with those features and ready for datacrons I'm sure they'll be here waiting for you.

• Options
    I have several R5 squads and I still won't be investing anything in the datacron dumpster fire
  • Options
    Frankly if they want me to upgrade all my squads to R5 they should finish their plan to "make it easier to engage with relics" first.
  • Options

Here is a wild thought.. Have you considered that your account just ISN'T the target audience for Datacrons?

Datacrons are for mid-end to high-end players.. and if most of your toons are below G13, then you account obviously isn't at the intended place. You can invest in it when your account is ready
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Here is a wild thought.. Have you considered that your account just ISN'T the target audience for Datacrons?

Datacrons are for mid-end to high-end players.. and if most of your toons are below G13, then you account obviously isn't at the intended place. You can invest in it when your account is ready
    [/quote]

So, are you just saying that if he have to fight on GAC accounts with several More Millions GP and with several reliced squads, then he isn't the target audience but it's fair to fight the accounts that can use Ratacrons???

If an user isn't on the target audience, the user then don't need to face the target audience.
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options
    PumaK wrote: »

[/quote]

So, are you just saying that if he have to fight on GAC accounts with several More Millions GP and with several reliced squads, then he isn't the target audience but it's fair to fight the accounts that can use Ratacrons???

If an user isn't on the target audience, the user then don't need to face the target audience. [/quote]

This!

Also, some people don't seem to understand how to get the best bang for your buck out of a roster. Hint: Not every toon needs to be R5 to actually be viable. There are many toons in the game that do their job just as fine on G12 as they would on R5.
    The smartest move one can make is to relic just those toons, that are essential to a squad and need those boosts of higher relics. The rest can easily stay G12-R1 for example. This is especially important for smaller or mid game players. That way instead of 1 squad with R5 toons you get 2-3 squads which can punch up just as much and do their job. This is way more efficient.

That's the real issue I often see.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

If an user isn't on the target audience, the user then don't need to face the target audience. [/quote]

This!

Also, some people don't seem to understand how to get the best bang for your buck out of a roster. Hint: Not every toon needs to be R5 to actually be viable. There are many toons in the game that do their job just as fine on G12 as they would on R5.
    The smartest move one can make is to relic just those toons, that are essential to a squad and need those boosts of higher relics. The rest can easily stay G12-R1 for example. This is especially important for smaller or mid game players. That way instead of 1 squad with R5 toons you get 2-3 squads which can punch up just as much and do their job. This is way more efficient.

That's the real issue I often see. [/quote]

As I stated, there's not a Real incentive on gameplay, it's an exclusive based on revenue and massified profit. As I explained on other post, even the players that reach just lvl 85 gonna face not only a BIG discrepancy on GP but also now, the part with advantage on GP can boost even More to make directly impossible to even score a win. The players of midgame and endgame that doesn't whale on Ratacrons gonna also fall because of the same reason.
    The low GP guilds now it's going to have even More hard time with this thing to score a single win.

People think that this content it's to make the game More interesting When it's just a massive P2W paywall mechanic.
    Remember this When you start to see the people at kyber falling lot of leagues and divisions and When people start noticing how bad it's really that "surprise mechanic"
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

People think that this content it's to make the game More interesting"[/quote]

Do people think that?

I don't.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    People think that this content it's to make the game More interesting"

Do people think that?

I don't. [/quote]

I mean, the people that code the Game and the people Who wrote the announcements.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, because the people that need a boost in conquest are the ones with loads of R5+ toons ;)

Yes, i get that they can be used on GAC, but that's not the target at this specific time. It's very ironic that people who could use the boost either can't get the boost or can't afford the boost, and those who can afford it, don't actually need it :)
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I can't see me engaging with it outside of a minimal effort. I got one datacron that has health steal of 58% but I'm not doing anything further with it until I can pick up some free mats.

If I start to fall in GAC. Meh, so be it.
  • Options

[/quote]

If you are fighting someone with millions more gp and more relic squads than you, then you are better at the game than the one who you are fighting (or he just doesn't care) that is the whole point of the skill point based system..

Did you seriously think that the odds wouldn't stack against you the higher you go? or are you that naive to believe you would continue to fight people with the same amount of GLs, the same roster size and gp range the higher you went?

You can find people in Kyber 1 witih minimum who kicks ****. but you can also find people who suck at the game in the lower divisions.

That is the game and that is the consequence of being good/bad at the game.

#JediFactionRework2018
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options

If you are fighting someone with millions more gp and more relic squads than you, then you are better at the game than the one who you are fighting (or he just doesn't care) that is the whole point of the skill point based system..

Did you seriously think that the odds wouldn't stack against you the higher you go? or are you that naive to believe you would continue to fight people with the same amount of GLs, the same roster size and gp range the higher you went?

You can find people in Kyber 1 witih minimum who kicks ****. but you can also find people who suck at the game in the lower divisions.

[/quote]

By now you should know that the argument about punching up or being good doesn't hold anymore?
    If people rise up in SR because their opponents didn't show up, they are not where they should be.

Aswell as, if people face higher accounts it's definitely not always because they are so good but because those higher accounts don't always play and therefor fall down to where they don't belong.

This all just works in theory but in reality as it is now, the MM is just horrible. The sentiment to defend or explain something where the theory does not reflect reality has to go. And we all know how it should work theoretically, but can also see how it is in reality. So we don't need the millionth "explanation". It's not that we don't understand or know. It's that we can see how it really works out and it does not reflect the theory.

I am sorry if this might sound hard, I don't mean this in a bad way. It's just always the same and misses the point of what we try to bring to CGs attention.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

[/quote]

Here’s the problem; they sold datacrons as a boost for rosters to make irrelevant or otherwise less used toons useable again. However the high relic reqs gates many players from utilizing these to the full potential. That’s just for starters and I don’t have the energy to get into the several other issues with datacrons
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If an user isn't on the target audience, the user then don't need to face the target audience.

Here’s the problem; they sold datacrons as a boost for rosters to make irrelevant or otherwise less used toons useable again. However the high relic reqs gates many players from utilizing these to the full potential. That’s just for starters and I don’t have the energy to get into the several other issues with datacrons

If you have to keep quoting, use this post. It's really hard to follow when no one bothers to fix the markup.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If you have to keep quoting, use this post. It's really hard to follow when no one bothers to fix the markup.

Thought I had fixed it. Thanks for doing the good work for us haha
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

(Mostly quoting this to fix the broken quote chains above but also—)

If you look at the characters that get rank 9 abilities with this first set, you see that in addition to Inquisitors (which, yeah, no, I’ll agree with you that that’s excessive and probably should have been saved for the third batch because, two months from now, r7 Inquisitors will happen—my plan is to save rerolls for any time I get a Dark Side roll on my rank 3 ability) and two Galactic Legends, the other characters in this set are:
    Resistance Trooper, a requirement for a GL that most people will have at r3.
    Aayla Secura, another GL requirement.
    Finn, another GL requirement.
    Grandmaster Yoda, a requirement many will have at r8.

These are characters that are largely orphaned from teams despite being GL requirements. You don’t see Yoda in any Jedi or Galactic Republic teams because he doesn’t quite fit and you don’t see Finn or Trooper unless someone puts down Carth Old Republic on defense. So, at least for this set of datacrons, they’re making lesser-used characters more useful. Plus some Galactic Legends that don’t really need it and Inquisitors, which can be avoided if you reroll that 3rd ability.

Let’s see what the second set is before we say they’re not living up to making underused characters useful again because so far they have a mixed success on that account.

Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Should probably let dataconsb come to you naturally- especially for the first 3 months. I'd expect changes in the system as things get hammered out
    Worst case scenario is you drop a division in GAC. But, we're all in the same boat with datacons. And if you're punching up a few million gp it's probably because you're being relatively good at resource management and I would expect this to carry over to datacons.