Datacron Farming

MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
Disclamier: this topic is not to talk about datacrons at large, there's enough topics for that.

And it's for tactics with datacron farming. I'm still going through conquest so not dwelling on the node selection too much. Has anyone been able to figure out which node is the sweet spot? Then comes the question of whether to farm them or buy them with crystals.

Right now I'm farming 50-100 refills daily, but not sure this is optimal. Initially one may think that farming them should yield more rewards for the same price point, but since I saw how small the drops are in these last nodes and large the crystal packages are, I can't be sure anymore.

Also flex your datacrons if you want. I'm still only this far trying to build a first:
mb991phbntkj.png

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    90dei45xawzb.jpeg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    My plan is to power through Conquest nodes and then spend the last week finishing up feats by farming the Datacron node at the end of each board.

Since every level 0 Datacron is the same, ideally I’ll spend my time on the highest node I can do. But, realistically, I may just plow through the second lowest and break down all the level 0s for a little extra materials and then level the ones I haven’t dismantled.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    A thing I really like is this handy little bit in the upper right corner that tells you how good your stat roll is. Is 7% high or low? Here we can see it’s on the low-side of the middle (or I guess high-side of the lower end, depending on how you look at it)

94z0ddzlhiyn.jpeg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    A thing I really like is this handy little bit in the upper right corner that tells you how good your stat roll is. Is 7% high or low? Here we can see it’s on the low-side of the middle (or I guess high-side of the lower end, depending on how you look at it)

94z0ddzlhiyn.jpeg

Yes, that's unexpected from cg, but I bet they imagine that'll drive spending people trying to oneup what they have.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I think farming depends on the progress you may have and target.

I rolled five up to the first two stats and I have a few I am happy with first two rolls:

ph3cktz4ov6i.jpeg

And I have one which rolled medium into protection twice that I plan to use for GAS clones as my GAS is still <100k protection.

I think I will be aiming to have several levelled to R3 requirements and a few R5, there’s only one Level 9 R7 character which would work for me as my roster is and not sure it’s worth the resource this time.

I need Acumen Mk1 for next level up which is in normal sector 1 and 2 datacron crate but not sectors 3. I can easily farm these with old republic and sith for feats but they only reward 1-3 and 1-5 for each battle. So that’s 8-40 from an energy refresh in sector 2. So far I think it may be weighted to lower rewards. I can farm this after progressing through sectors and awaiting stamina to regenerate on my stronger squads. This is how I would usually chip away at these feats anyway, but I will have several days at the end to farm specific components in later sectors.

So the strategy would be to prioritise progress until stronger teams are too weak to 3/3 usually partway through a single refresh for me. Then progress some feats with remaining energy on the datacron node. Once completed conquest sector 5, use remaining days to target specific nodes for required materials with stronger squads.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I think farming depends on the progress you may have and target.

I rolled five up to the first two stats and I have a few I am happy with first two rolls:

ph3cktz4ov6i.jpeg

And I have one which rolled medium into protection twice that I plan to use for GAS clones as my GAS is still <100k protection.

I think I will be aiming to have several levelled to R3 requirements and a few R5, there’s only one Level 9 R7 character which would work for me as my roster is and not sure it’s worth the resource this time.

I need Acumen Mk1 for next level up which is in normal sector 1 and 2 datacron crate but not sectors 3. I can easily farm these with old republic and sith for feats but they only reward 1-3 and 1-5 for each battle. So that’s 8-40 from an energy refresh in sector 2. So far I think it may be weighted to lower rewards. I can farm this after progressing through sectors and awaiting stamina to regenerate on my stronger squads. This is how I would usually chip away at these feats anyway, but I will have several days at the end to farm specific components in later sectors.

So the strategy would be to prioritise progress until stronger teams are too weak to 3/3 usually partway through a single refresh for me. Then progress some feats with remaining energy on the datacron node. Once completed conquest sector 5, use remaining days to target specific nodes for required materials with stronger squads.

That's a good mindset. Since I was dead focused on getting one for jmk, I didn't even notice building one for gas will be beneficial (even halfway built). Given I'm f2p, maybe I should build horizontal, instead of vertical.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Always go wide. More options. Going tall works if you’re lucky, but who wants to put their fate in the hands of rerolls?

Not just talking about GOH, either. Diversify your portfolio!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    For people rerolling your faction mechanic, be aware that all the 3 options offered may not change the faction at all. I rolled resistance first time, reroll, 3 rez, reroll 2 rez and finally a gr option. Ofc even then that option you rolled may not have a good bonus.

Now this what happened out of 2 possibilities. Imagine trying to roll jmk out of much more options and unknown weight percentages in between them AND more expensive costs.

• Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    For people rerolling your faction mechanic, be aware that all the 3 options offered may not change the faction at all. I rolled resistance first time, reroll, 3 rez, reroll 2 rez and finally a gr option. Ofc even then that option you rolled may not have a good bonus.

Now this what happened out of 2 possibilities. Imagine trying to roll jmk out of much more options and unknown weight percentages in between them AND more expensive costs.

So my takeaway from this is that this whole thing might have a lot less impact on GAC than we had thought. If I run into someone who managed to roll a JMK and lose to them because of that, I can just file it under oh-well and move on.

Oh well, except for the top end of K1 maybe, where people have enough resources to keep rerolling until they get what they want.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

So my takeaway from this is that this whole thing might have a lot less impact on GAC than we had thought. If I run into someone who managed to roll a JMK and lose to them because of that, I can just file it under oh-well and move on.

Oh well, except for the top end of K1 maybe, where people have enough resources to keep rerolling until they get what they want.

Yes, I think so too now that I'm more acquainted with them. Current strat for me now looks like to work on one as high as it goes. And develop a number equal to my r3 eligible teams to level 1-2-3. They are like a few extra mods like this. Even a lvl 1 cron with health steal on wampa can make a difference.