Harsh, really harsh... Post the results though, it will hopefully help
    This is the Way
  • Options
    My GP = 4.8M

My opp in Aurodium 2

fsnvomfz0kzq.png

I still don’t have a GL…

How is this right on any level?

CG are never going to match up via GLs. And very few players in Aurodium 2 will have no GLs.

For this match up, you've basically, you've already lost. The player has been on a break from GAC. They refused to play 3v3 at all, and had missed some of the 5v5 before that too. However, seems to be playing (and of course winning) this season.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    The new system is really just to get the best for the whales and the rest is on their own. Even with the best skills, your cant compete in kyber 1 with 4 million because you just have to place to much

The old system gave everyone a chance to get to the top
  • harvestmouse
    892 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    The new system is really just to get the best for the whales and the rest is on their own. Even with the best skills, your cant compete in kyber 1 with 4 million because you just have to place to much

4 million in Kyber 1? Good luck with that. 4 million Kyber, sure they exist.

The old system didn't give everyone a chance to get to the top. It was basically the same players every season.

Also remember the rewards are much better in GAC now. So a player that was going 12/0 in the old system is getting better rewards for gong 6/6 in the new system.

It's not just the whales doing better. The casual 'no hopers' are too. Where before they'd go 2/10 and feel dejected. They're not getting even..ish win/losses.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    He must have the same "Skill Rating" as you.

Yes he does, and there lies the problem, skill rating alone is not good enough.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options

Also remember the rewards are much better in GAC now. So a player that was going 12/0 in the old system is getting better rewards for gong 6/6 in the new system.

Isnt that exactly my point? With the GP i have im LOCKED from top rewards. Im so far away from top tier, skill doesnt even matter anymore.

Also, the rewards are better, because they moved the arena crystals to GAC, not because the changed the system of GAC.

The top spots are still reserved for the same people every season. But not for those people at lower gp anymore.
  • Options

Isnt that exactly my point? With the GP i have im LOCKED from top rewards. Im so far away from top tier, skill doesnt even matter anymore.

Also, the rewards are better, because they moved the arena crystals to GAC, not because the changed the system of GAC.

The top spots are still reserved for the same people every season. But not for those people at lower gp anymore.

But the rewards you get are relative to your GP compatriots. As it was in the old system. If you're doing better than the other guys at 4 million, you're getting better rewards.

Also you weren't getting the same GAC rewards as whales before, because they were in a higher division than you. The other argument is that arena was fair regarding GP disparities. However, Arena shards were not. Some shards were quite easy to get good rewards, others were mafia ran and extremely unfair.

Granted, I see your point about playing catch up. However, If you aren't whaling you're never going to catch up anyway.

I remember I turned 2 million when Ahnaldt101 turned 3 million. I'm now 6.1 and he's 10.4. The gaps just growing and growing.
  • Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    Options

I don't see the problem. You're playing up for your roster, and they're playing down. Good job.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

I don't see the problem...

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    For me GAC is dead thanks to the new 3 month things that was released.

TW is the next frontier. Get ready for an even deeper goalpost and more monetisation scam if you wanna compete in any decent game modes

Whale or fail everybody
    #riseofthedecepticons