Account accidentally deleted

Smottern
3 posts Member
edited April 2023
Kid somehow got to the new delete feature and zapped my account. Seems EA can’t help. Has anyone recovered there’s?
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Options
    I haven't heard of a 'yes' I'm afraid. :(

I don't see any benefit to anybody to have a delete account feature.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s all still there but it feels like they just ripped Game Center info away.
  • Options

Do you know which developer would be able to help?
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Smottern wrote: »

Do you know which developer would be able to help?

None

I'm sorry, but your account is gone for good
  • Options

Data protection laws in europe. You need to have the opportunity to permanently delete all data of you. That is why there is no possibility to restore it after that.

Only thing could be implementing warning dialogues.

• ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Nosebear wrote: »

Data protection laws in europe. You need to have the opportunity to permanently delete all data of you. That is why there is no possibility to restore it after that.

I wonder if CG could do something like facebook. When you del your facebook, it's completelly deleted in a month. So if it was a mistake, or whatever, you have a month to recover it. But after, it gone for good. But i am no lawyer, IDK if it works.
  • Options

'Personal data' right? So you should have the ability to unlink any personal data, e.g. your email or play account. However, I don't think that includes game data.

Also, I'm not expert, but doesn't it depend on the country of origin? Or does 'google play' override that?

I know a lot of games run through Cyprus and Sweden and can run things a little differently.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that they are not making regular Backups. If they do your account might be in the last Backup before it got deleted.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    ToJ85 wrote: »

I wonder if CG could do something like facebook. When you del your facebook, it's completelly deleted in a month. So if it was a mistake, or whatever, you have a month to recover it. But after, it gone for good. But i am no lawyer, IDK if it works.

If the account can be found through the ally code inside the game I can tell to you that isn't deleted, just unlinked from the google/iOS/Facebook service, like happens on some games.
    The customer support and Devs are capable to relink it when they get proofs of he was the legit owner of that account, but if they don't want to do then they can tell they can't Do Anything.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

'Personal data' right? So you should have the ability to unlink any personal data, e.g. your email or play account. However, I don't think that includes game data.

Also, I'm not expert, but doesn't it depend on the country of origin? Or does 'google play' override that?

I know a lot of games run through Cyprus and Sweden and can run things a little differently.

Google Play shouldn't have anything to do with it. As far as I'm aware, this is an Apple only thing. So it would be Game Center.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kid knew what he was doing
  • Options

That law is for personal information. I don't think that would apply to a gaming account.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

That law is for personal information. I don't think that would apply to a gaming account.

It is indirectly, since the account is linked to your email, by asking the deletion of your account, they are unlinking the email from this account and deleting all of your personal informations from their database, and there is no way to relink it again since there is no longer any proof that account is linked to a peticular email, even backup is affected.
  • Options
    So the account is still there you can look it up on gg and it was still in my guild. It looks like they just unlinked it. I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a cooldown period of some time as an insurance. They can also revert things back to a certain time. I forgot what it was but they had to do that to almost all of us over something a few years ago.
  • JackedJedi
    110 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    How do you accidentally delete an account? It's more than just pressing a button. After pressing it, you get this big warning in red then your asked to type the word "delete".

Kid did it on purpose, probably revenge for not buying him a toy or something, definitely a future sith.

Reach òut to cg, I'm such there's a back up data of your account or something they can restore.
This discussion has been closed.