Our Feedback to Datacrons

Prev1
TC_23
10 posts Member
w92qcey4frc1.jpg
  • far too powerful - buffing the top Level team / GL doesn't make sense in the current meta. Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness
  • not managable in TW's - imagine there is a 50teams zone with various datacrons for each team. How can guild officers with an acceptable effort to command the right counters and btw is still a tremendous effort to do this in only 24h...
  • temporary effect - please extends the periods for each datacron set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/vmykx6/our_feedback_to_datacrons/

Replies

• Ybeler
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Haha nice one!! :D
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    lol
  • Options
    Why would they remove Datacrons at this point?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Removing datacrons don't make sense

Legitmate feedback to improve your experience with them, however, does
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TC_23 wrote: »
    • temporary effect - please extends the periods for each datacron set.

I’m pretty sure that’s the point. They said in the launch post that the system was built around the idea of having three sets active at once, so they were accelerating the first few sets to roll them all out as soon as possible. That’s why they’re one month each.

If the plan was for them to all only ever last for one month, why would they need to specifically call that out?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dhwo
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Removing datacrons don't make sense

Legitmate feedback to improve your experience with them, however, does

Doesn’t make sense?

The current implementation of this stuff is a blatant lie to what CashGrab has written in their „road ahead announcement“. Giving super powers to GLs directly (JMK,Rey) or indirectly (LV…I say only „health steal“) will definitely not be helpful to non-meta teams.

t4f0sxyhsrub.jpeg

So if you want a pretty frank feedback about Datacrons: Epic Fail !

The best thing would be to get rid of this stuff immediately and whoever had this brilliant idea should be treated just like Mrs. Kennedy by Disney…just get outta here and never come back.

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    As a scoundrel player, I usually run mix alignments team (and starkiller team), so I dont care about datacron.
  • Options
    Yeah, well last gac week my sk team, with cooldown datacron, got a hold versus GL every round. That was funny.
  • Options
    As a mid level player I find datacrons pretty useless. The inability to attach a datacron to a team that isn’t fully relic’d kills it for me. Currently I have 9 relic’d units. In grand arena I need to field 5 full teams for defense and be able to save enough toons to beat another 5 full teams on offense. It usually isn’t very good tactics for me to create a full relic team for offense or defense on Grand arena. With the current system I can’t even use my datacrons. I would appreciate the ability to attach a datacron to a team and have its affects only effect the relic’d units but not even being able to attach it makes it completely useless for me
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    As a scoundrel player, I usually run mix alignments team (and starkiller team), so I dont care about datacron.

Is there still the bug that crashes the game when an opponent attacks SK on defence?
    If yes, then it was not because of your DC
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Datacrons add no value to the strategic part of the game. They are making already good teams a little better, but bad teams are still bad. The necessary invest in terms of crystals spent in conquest or in the shop and the actual short term value does not justify going for them. Basically temporary mods. Its an exapansion of the very bad omicron abilities which are a re-introduction of the bad idea of certain toon boosts in early TW. Please just design GOOD TOONS like Darth Revan, Traya, JKL, Jawas, Imperial Troopers .... which are fun to play. This whole datacron thing just makes the game more complex, more prone to failure and more boring. Add fun, not more gates which keep you from playing.
  • Options
    I can see how datacrons could be somewhat interesting and fun in the game, but I'm not sure how to solve that without getting into the trouble I believe we have with the current implementation.

As I read CG's intent, they want datacrons to lift unused parts of our roster (or at least underutilised parts) so that we can get more joy from building up all our toons. I like this notion in essence.

The issue I have with datacrons are that right now I see them mainly attached to already meta GL teams to make them even more meta.
    E.g. get the LS bonus that you regen 10% health/prot on stun and daze, then get the GR mechanic that for every special you will stun your target opponent and everyone want to slap that on a JMK team and stick it on defense.
    Doesn't add anything to less used teams, just buff the meta.

This is the use case I've seen so far and most of the chatter I've seen around datacrons as well, so I suspect that this is the most accepted general use case.

One possibility would be to exclude teams with GLs from datacron bonuses, if CG really want to boost less used teams/factions. I suspect CG don't want to do this, as the current implementation put even more emphasis on getting GL's, which I suspect drive revenue, but it's the only viable path I see to actually spreading out datacron usage.

The other gripe I have is the sheer cost of getting datacrons to a usable level. I have about 15 datacrons at level 0 (actually I don't since, I dismantled most of them for their 1 piece of mkI acumen), and not nearly enough mats to take more than 1-2 to any sort of mild utility.
    This might be the intent, and it's fair in that case, however it further emphasise that you will have very few datacrons to play around with and will tend to stick those on your best teams to lift them above the usual counters.
    Whaling will of course get your more datacrons, but for all those not shelling out a ton of cash I don't see most having more than 6 higher level datacrons at any given time = one good datacron for each GL team...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    The more I play with them, the more I hate them. Most effects are useless and the resources you need to reroll are way to expensive. If you are not lucky and get the desired ability (or even faction), they are completely wasted. Even real money spent just is lost with not the slightest benefit. Just frustrating and toxic game design.

And of course you want the one that buffs you legend.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    My feedback: Ratacrons fail on the supposed purpose. Don't boost unused teams and don't shift the meta, and obviously doesn't make any sense.
    It's a toxic way to make all things even more unbalanced.

And it's a mechanic that nobody asked on the start, despite the very bad acceptance it got since the leak, so saying doesn't make sense to removing it at this moment, that it's the nonsense.
  • Options
    My feedback is don't have them apply to a team with a GL present. A few of these are way too over powered and it's ruining the game. First time I am considering leaving due to it. I don't mind making B and C teams much better, but some of these bonuses for GLs is too over the top.
  • dhwo
    67 posts Member
    Options
    To follow up…

Look at this:
    dgs0l2dzsw1h.png

Whoever designed this one, and moreover the guy agreeing to the roll-out of something like this, is simply just nuts.
    It’s completely rushed without thinking or ignoring what consequences it has. Thus perfectly in line with what we have seen over the last couple of months.
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get it, TBC had more datacrons in TW than their opponent and they are complaining about datacrons after losing the TW?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Datacrons are fine. Some of them are a little too broken (like JMK ignoring protection), but they can be balanced later. Biggest issue is lack of materials for upgrading.
  • Options
    I hate them. GAC is unpredictable now. Counters we relied on in the past are now failing like a Malak soloing a Padme GR squad because Malak was stunned half the time.
    I forgot to use my best datacron on my JMK to attack and almost timed out vs a squad with a ‘cron.
    Echoing the TW comments for leadership and even the poor guild member trying to counter something that is normally an overkill but suddenly has different characteristics like 218% health steal.
    If only any other game out there had a SW license.
  • Options
    The effort they put into Datacons would have been better spent elsewhere. Datacons are not the content we are looking for…
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    They’re not good. Thumbs down. Temporary boosts are a cop out for them having to be more active with their game and updating it.
  • Options
    Themy wrote: »
    I don't get it, TBC had more datacrons in TW than their opponent and they are complaining about datacrons after losing the TW?

If you want to throw shade on our guild that is fine but at least use facts. We did not have more datacrons than our opponent. Besides that datacrons where not the main reason we lost the last TW either.

As mentioned by the op.

1. It adds a lot more stress on tw officers.
    2. Instead of buffing B-C teams and making a more diverse meta it strenghtens GLs even more.

3. Imo it lowers the value of certain mod types and secondaries. (eg potency and tenacity)
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Actually that was on my mind too. Does SK benefit from data trash?
  • Options
    His team will benefit partially. The stats will apply to all if you have the needed relic level. For mechanics its either DS or LS which only benefits the members with that alignment.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    For some of these lvl 9 datacrons, the gap between a Relic 8 team and a mirror Relic 8 team with lvl 9 datacron feels like the gap between a G12 team and a Relic 8 team...

For instance with the above mentioned galactic republic one with both the stun ability and the ignore protection ability. It's obvious that my current opponent in GAC tried to take my lvl 9 datacron JMK team down with a JMK mirror team without the datacron, and he only managed to kill my GK (with CATs annihilate) - leaving the rest of my team with almost full HP and protection. That feels a bit too much.

Is that really what you intended, CG? That the gap between datacron and non-datacron teams should be this huge?
    Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    2. Instead of buffing B-C teams and making a more diverse meta it strenghtens GLs even more.
    And instead of making a mechanic that does not allow to equip a datacron when a GL is in the squad, they even added JMK to Tier 9 of the current set. It is unbelievable how it always turns to the exact opposite of what they said was their intention
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Datacrons are fine. Some of them are a little too broken (like JMK ignoring protection), but they can be balanced later. Biggest issue is lack of materials for upgrading.

They have no intention of balancing anything about datacrons after they have been released. The idea is, if it's broken it will naturally cycle out when the set expires.

I agree that lack of materials is a problem.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    As someone previously pointed out, Datacons give CG the ability to drive ongoing sales while not requiring extensive dev time.

People would probably be more receptive if they rolled Datacons out in addition to positive news, like the gear economy changes or QOL updates, but instead they’re simply taking the path of least resistance while blatantly disregarding customer feedback.

I don’t think they’ll ever give up on this game while it continues to make money, but it’s becoming apparent that their priorities are shifting elsewhere (LOTR?).

The sad thing they are seemingly not realizing is if they continue to disregard customer feedback, and instead keep releasing blatant money grabs like Datacons, people will get sick of spending and they’ll kill the golden goose.
  • Options
    My serious feedback on datacrons is to remove them from all pvp content and add them to the PvE content instead.
  • Options
    My feedback is as follows: it sucks. Get rid of it. Perhaps stop making things that no one is asking for and make the ones that are being asked for.