CAT needs more farming locations

Alijar1
381 posts Member
The year is 2017. Wicket and Mother Talzin had just been released. CG revealed that they would only be available through special events... Which would mean 3 years of farming to get those characters at 7 stars. Naturally, everyone was outraged, and Wicket and Talzin were also placed into Hard Nodes.
So why, 5 years on, do we have the same situation with CAT? Why have we regressed back in time, without any other solution?? By comparison Razor Crest has THREE farming locations (event, Conquest store, fleet store). While she is a powerful and hard to reach character, she desperately needs to be available in more locations; that's even if you can unlock her, with the 4million GP requirement many lower players won't even have access to her, and it makes me very worried for future releases of Boba, Maul, Interceptor, Malgus, and whatever new Conquest character comes out.
Conquest Characters need to have multiple farm locations. It's ridiculous to have to only have one, limited time farm location
#MakeTuskensGreat
tenor.gif

Replies

• Options
    It would be nice to have a reason to still care about Squad Arena, but apparently they want CAT to be gated behind 4mil GP. There's no other reason why RC can still be found in Conquest Store, but not CAT.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I wonder if the 4M GP is some attempt to make Inquisitors relevant when facing lower GP levels?
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Options
    They should keep all the conquest characters in the conquest shop. Remove the RNG element of finding them and allow us to simply click the character and use a slider to spend x amount of currency to get x amount of shards.

And also impliment this slider to bronzium packs 😉
  • Options
    Put CAT in one of the stores, any of them
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Picollo wrote: »
    They should keep all the conquest characters in the conquest shop. Remove the RNG element of finding them and allow us to simply click the character and use a slider to spend x amount of currency to get x amount of shards.

And also impliment this slider to bronzium packs 😉

This ... leave them in conquest stores. It's not like it that massive an advantage. Conquest currency is highly limited, so we would have to strongly prioritize which toon to get shards for. But it will give us an opportunity to work on getting a certain toon a bit faster than 10 shards pr. month.
  • Sceptog
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely - she is the only unfarmable conquest character. Not event on conquest nodes!
  • TargetEadu
    1554 posts Member
    Options
    Back in the day things like long event farms for Wicket/Talzin and R5 requirements for GC rewards were things CG actually listened to the community and decided to change. Seems that time is gone.
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, I'm getting closer to 4m GP but when I get there I'll have to wait even more considering I'm at 45/330. That's 15 months more waiting. A rare pop-up in any of the stores would be very beneficial
  • Nosebear
    14 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice to have a reason to still care about Squad Arena, but apparently they want CAT to be gated behind 4mil GP. There's no other reason why RC can still be found in Conquest Store, but not CAT.

Because RC is a hard requirement for Executor.

• Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    Nosebear wrote: »

So you can have the absolute meta ship with 2-3M but not a GL Kenobi with the right lineup... ?
    "That does not compute"
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    It's not the amount of time it takes to farm characters in proving grounds that's the problem, I currently have 15 Ki-Adi-Mundi shards after a few years playing and half a Wampa. So the concept of waiting and grind is nothing new to this game. My problem is that they Gate when you can start the grind behind a GP wall.
  • Options
    I have CAT, but I think she should be in a store at some point. Maybe when the next toon enters proving grounds, make the previous one easier to farm.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    Why not have toons that are older than a year in the Conquest reward boxes of normal and easy mode again. It will still take time to get them and if a hard player still needs her, they have to decide what they want more, the new shiny or the older characters where they might be missing some shards
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I have CAT and I fully believe she should be removed from the game entirely. She is the worst squad character ever designed and implemented, taking any team she's in to an unbearable level. The sheer divisiveness she's caused since she arrived has been unprecedented. It's no wonder they want her as inaccessible as possible.
  • Nosebear
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

So you can have the absolute meta ship with 2-3M but not a GL Kenobi with the right lineup... ?
    "That does not compute"

But you can have Kenobi. He is not locked behind CAT. Exec would be if RC wasn't available via Shipments. Remember that you also need BAM to unlock RC who has his own Journey

• Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

"That does not compute"

But you can have Kenobi. He is not locked behind CAT. Exec would be if RC wasn't available via Shipments. Remember that you also need BAM to unlock RC who has his own Journey

Cough- Wat isn't farmable. I'm in a fun guild, and don't want to move but have had to wait 3 months to get his shards with everything else ready for JMK . Which is fine and my choice but he is not as easily accessible as you claim mainly due to one character.

BAM isn't comparable at all as you can farm the characters for BAM on accelerated, and attain him at any time through the Journey Guide. How does that compare to once per month and gated for 4m GP? It doesn't.
  • Options

I am aware that's the reason it is in the Fleet Arena store, but it doesn't really explain why CAT can't be found in Conquest shipments.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I do not think being a requirement for executor sufficiently explains the difference between RC and CAT. RC is now the easiest ship to obtain in my opinion, available in several locations using crystals, fleet currency, conquest tickets and now for free in PG, much easier than imperial bomber which will be the last ship I complete for executor and took me much longer to farm. And yet other GL’s have journey guide characters it would be equivalent to if treated the same as CAT. LV and GAS, JMK and Wat, JML and JKL, SEE and EP, Rey and JTR, SLKR and EP. Executor and RC?? Executor is a ship equivalent to a GL but it’s farm is much easier because of RC availability.

Whilst CAT is an uplifter to a GL, is that status deemed worthy of more investment than unlocking a GL? Or is it because if there are too many CAT JMK there would be absolutely no point to grand inquisitor? We will see when they release Maul, if characters follow the same treatment as CAT or RC.