Secondary speed mods in the mod store

Has anyone else seen a marked decrease in secondary speed mods showing up in the mod store? I really started noticing it when the UI changes to the store were put in. I would typically have between 1-3 secondary speed mods show up on each refresh. I'm lucky if I get one mod show up with a speed of 3 on it now.

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Incredibly anecdotal and I can present zero proof but that is something I have noticed too.
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen a marked decrease in secondary speed mods showing up in the mod store? I really started noticing it when the UI changes to the store were put in. I would typically have between 1-3 secondary speed mods show up on each refresh. I'm lucky if I get one mod show up with a speed of 3 on it now.
    No.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Same old RNG.

Try spending all your credits and a good mod is sure to show up! :D
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    I got more of them in the last time.

Must be a you problem
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

Must be a you problem
    Or confirmation bias.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options

Must be a you problem
    Or confirmation bias.

Or maybe CG doesnt like OP especially and hardcoded his chances down
  • Options

Must be a you problem
    Or confirmation bias.

That would be the most programming they've done in a month
  • Options

Must be a you problem
    Or confirmation bias.

Year*
  • Options

Must be a you problem
    Or confirmation bias.

Year*

Years*
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Have to agree with some of the others here. I did notice that at first I seemed to be getting very few options with speed secondaries...but reports from others in my guild seemed to be mixed on that observation.

Since then I've had times where the store's populated with a bunch of mods showing a speed secondary, other times there only one or two, and sometimes none.

So I do think it's a short-term anecdotal observation, and not representative of a trend overall.

Just pray to RNGeezus, as has always been the way.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Same old RNG.

He means mods with initial speed shows less. What will happen on upgrade is another question. But since we won't buy anything with speed on it...
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    I created a similar post after previous update. Not about speed mods but the fact that white, green and blue mods have become more common now as opposed to earlier
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    We need more +6 speed secondary mods in the store!
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Same old RNG.

He means mods with initial speed shows less. What will happen on upgrade is another question. But since we won't buy anything with speed on it...
    He meant that mods with speed secondary tend to show up more frequently when you are out of credits…
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Same old RNG.

He meant that mods with speed secondary tend to show up more frequently when you are out of credits…

Assuming that's a joke. Though you never know due to Poe's law.
  • Options
    Same old RNG.

Assuming that's a joke. Though you never know due to Poe's law.
    It’s a pretty standard joke.

Many moons ago, guild mates of mine used to complain about how rarely DV showed up in fleet store for them. The usual answer was that once he’s 7* he shows up all the time.
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    I created a similar post after previous update. Not about speed mods but the fact that white, green and blue mods have become more common now as opposed to earlier
    Similar in that it had little basis in fact?
  • Options
    Have to agree with some of the others here. I did notice that at first I seemed to be getting very few options with speed secondaries...but reports from others in my guild seemed to be mixed on that observation.

Since then I've had times where the store's populated with a bunch of mods showing a speed secondary, other times there only one or two, and sometimes none.

So I do think it's a short-term anecdotal observation, and not representative of a trend overall.

Just pray to RNGeezus, as has always been the way.

Maybe. The point of the post was to hear from people what their experiences were. Probably not the best source here for obvious reasons. With weeks long gaps in mods from the store in mail for the first time over several years it tends to be noticeable.