A small Kylo Ren fix

Jooba
61 posts Member
edited April 2016
Before anyone says anything, I run Kylo G9 in GW and Arena and farming to finish his 7* in the next few days, so this has nothing to do with me saying he's OP or broken or whatever.

His Unique ability states he has a 45% chance to reset cooldowns when he is damaged. I believe it should be when he is attacked. It would work alongside his Retribution buff when it is applied, but as it stands now, even when he takes DOT damage, his cooldowns can be reset.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to spam Lash Out when there's a Sid on the other team, but I think it should be changed in this slight manner to give him a little more balance. Considering he can crit all enemies for 3.5k+ when maxed, spamming this seems a little ridiculous. It's not 100% similar, but it's close to the Lando issue that has been floating around with Nute Gunray. He has an ability that he can spam that does considerable damage to everyone, and it keeps his counterattack up indefinitely.

And considering his upgrade to R8 is +15% damage, it'll only get even more out of control.

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    -_-
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 7* Kylo and can't justify running him so I cant imagine even minor nerfs are warranted yet. Maybe after the defense changes, but now? Eh...
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    Currently, when gets damaged it is caused by an attack. Now, when they finally introduce earthquakes, blunders and bronchitis, then maybe... :*
  • Options
    100% cool down rate would probably make him OP. He could just use onslaught on dooku (or any other counter attacker) till he's dead and if a phasma turn meter boost happens in the middle onslaught would kill most toons dead.

I run kylo7* in arena myself but I think that might be a bit much
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    Currently, when gets damaged it is caused by an attack. Now, when they finally introduce earthquakes, blunders and bronchitis, then maybe... :*

Bronchitis? Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo just needs his basic attack damage increased by ~20% (hopefully with the combat rebalancing).
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    A damage bonus when countering will be nice... as fives or dooku
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo Ren reaches 19k health at level 72. So...yea! Good luck one-shotting that! Also calling for damage increase on Ren makes me laugh. Again, i really really hope the changes we are going to see in 2 weeks are well thought, because characters like CT 5's (who can already win 2v1 against GS and Lumi 100% of the time apparently) and Ren are going to be balanced.
  • Options
    I have had my Kylo gain cooldown because I did "retribution" and Dooku attacked me once.
    Also have had him not cooldown getting attacked 4 times.
    He is pretty well balanced, I would wait til the new update to see how things will change before wanting changes. They may even change how dots/buffs are arranged and are applied/removed since it is confusing for some of them now.