Feels like all Jedi teams get penalized

Suikoden
111 posts Member
I want to play as all Jedi. Galaxy groups basically have Sid and or Dooku in every single team. This causes extra damage to me which means making it to the end is extremely seldom vs a non-Jedi team who can defeat Galaxy with no issues.

Sid 35% evasion vs Jedi
Dooku 90% stun on force lightning, 35% stun on normal hit with ability block

and if that's what is is for PVP, fine, so be it....but for Galaxy?

So instead of being a complainer with no solution, here's a solution to the Galaxy problem of reoccuring characters; stop taking PVP teams to fill these Galaxy teams and have a random 5 of the pool list.

12 nodes
78 characters
60 characters needed to fill these 12 nodes

Have it so no character that comes in repeats, or at most, only can appears twice in one Galaxy Wars.

I face Sid and or Dooku in every pvp match, let's ease up on the same PVP team, Sim sim sim, and galaxy same toon monotony

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    It's not actually a big problem for GW. Send you you A-Squad. If Doku uses and lands that lightning stun and you can't recover to win a clean fight, retreat and send in 1 or 2 guys with decent health (Vader, Chewie; really anyone listed as "tank") and in majority of cased Doku will use his lightning on them. Then go back in with your A-Squad and win the fight without too much issue.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Actually, I think they need to up the damage of most of the Jedi. There are a few that have good damage but nothing like Rey, IG-86, IG-88, etc. Then the "extra damage/stuns vs. jedi" would be justified. As it stands now, most Jedi don't really need a counter because they are weak. Other than QGJ, Yoda, and perhaps Lumi, Ashoka and Aayla, there isn't much damage coming from Jedi.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Actually, I think they need to up the damage of most of the Jedi. There are a few that have good damage but nothing like Rey, IG-86, IG-88, etc. Then the "extra damage/stuns vs. jedi" would be justified. As it stands now, most Jedi don't really need a counter because they are weak. Other than QGJ, Yoda, and perhaps Lumi, Ashoka and Aayla, there isn't much damage coming from Jedi.

So other than a full team of Jedi, there aren't any good Jedi. An arena team of those 5 can beat the AI of any other team.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    With the new level cap a lot of Jedi end up faster than dooku. He rarely survives long enough to do much to me. In a few QJC jump and kill moves I've killed him before he can even counter now. ;-)
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sick of the Jedi thing. Would like to see other things in there.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

So other than a full team of Jedi, there aren't any good Jedi. An arena team of those 5 can beat the AI of any other team.

Well, I didn't say there aren't any good Jedi. I just said that there aren't any top tier damage Jedi. There are 14 Jedi in this game and 9 of them are sub par, especially damage wise. That is all I am saying.
  • Options
    The strength of jedi is their repair and boosting abilities.
    You could have 3 jedi healers and 1 passive healer. You can have turn meter boosts or speed boosts with leaders.
    Jedi can out-last their opponents. My GW squad has barris lead, lumi, JC, Yoda, and alternating 5th.
    They can go through the entire GW without retreats almost every time. They may miss sid multiple times, but they heal so strong that no one dies.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    The strength of jedi is their repair and boosting abilities.
    You could have 3 jedi healers and 1 passive healer. You can have turn meter boosts or speed boosts with leaders.
    Jedi can out-last their opponents. My GW squad has barris lead, lumi, JC, Yoda, and alternating 5th.
    They can go through the entire GW without retreats almost every time. They may miss sid multiple times, but they heal so strong that no one dies.

This is a good point. Some Jedi do bring utility/healing.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem finishing GW with a full Jedi team, Sid usually dies before he can become too much of a threat even with his evasion and Dooku gets a stun from Eeth and dies without countering. Only thing that sucks is lightning double stun, but a new RNG seed can solve that. Also, Yoda battle meditating his foresight on the whole team helps a lot.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can live with Dooku but Sid's really annoying. The xtreme dodge plus the healing immunity makes me wanna do things to him that ain't nice.

As the OP said, for arena it's ok but in GW, where you have to keep your team alive for 12 fights, it can really take out all the fun.

Just make the teams in GW random. It would be so much more fun 'cause you would fight chars you usually never meet anywhere.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "I want to play Jedis but there's 2 units that annoy me whelp whine meeeeh"?

I want to play ewoks but ALL the teams are difficult to beat especially the speed meta. Let's rework QGJ especially because he annoys me, he removes my ewok buffs and he can one shot Chirpa with his assist before I can do anything! Sid and Dooku are not a problem with ewoks so I'm OK leaving them as is. Also please stop using QGJ lead I see him in all my GW nodes.

sigh...
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

I want to play ewoks but ALL the teams are difficult to beat especially the speed meta. Let's rework QGJ especially because he annoys me, he removes my ewok buffs and he can one shot Chirpa with his assist before I can do anything! Sid and Dooku are not a problem with ewoks so I'm OK leaving them as is. Also please stop using QGJ lead I see him in all my GW nodes.

sigh...
    Well, obviously, we need to up the damage these ewok a do!
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I suggest

sigh...

I'm annoyed by ppl that complain on the forums because they are annoyed by something, so I go to the forums and complain about these ppl ;)
  • Options
    You run an all (something) team, you are going to have problems with (something.)
    All Jedi team have to have a little weakness - and GW is all about varying your team to combat the next challenge, not try to get through it will only one class of character. You CAN but it makes it harder, I was doing all Jedi for awhile and because of Sid/Dooku issues, left Rey in with 4 other Jedi. If I see a GW team with 3 Jedi+ on it, I will have Dooku and Maul on the team. If there are !jedi abilities on the other team, you have to be ready to shift.
    It is true Sid/Dooku are seen a lot more, but this also is an issue with Leader abilities being broad (Sid/Dooku/Phasma) AND those are "easier to get" characters that the AI plays well.
    Think about it, you and your squad are going across the galaxy to fight... who knows!? Jedi throughout the genre brought clones/gear/droids/bounty hunters and made alliances with others when on missions across the galaxy.
    Sidious in the movie literally smoked 3/4 Jedi counsel members in a second, they should have varied their party.
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options

sigh...

Easy there muffin.

The issue is that EVERY team in Galaxy has one of these two.
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    This hilarious part with the people insisting I am whining is the neglect of responding to the solution idea.

It helps the monotonous party make up that you face day in, day out, battle in, battle out.
  • Options
    Perhaps if EA/CG would create teams and then your level would dictate how strong they are, then it wouldn't matter if the meta was one thing or another - it would just be a pool of random teams.
    I have suggested this in the past, but I actually don't know if EVERY team is a player, or if the company creates a few. There are a ton of Sid/Dooku but sometimes (not often) there is a run of some pretty cool/random teams to play against. It is fun to get those random ones because they are combos you would never think of/have the chance to play against.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi are NOT weak on in the offensive. QGJ, Ahsoka, Di and Aayla all do very good damage. Heck, even Yoda is very decent when it comes to dealing damage. Not only do they do good damage - they're also exceptionally durable. That's what sets them apart from toons like Rey and FOTP that you can kill easily. A battle against a good Jedi team is not over after just a few turns.

Source: Running full Jedi team in Arena. Di, Ahsoka, Yoda, QGJ, Lumi.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Suikoden wrote: »
    This hilarious part with the people insisting I am whining is the neglect of responding to the solution idea.

It helps the monotonous party make up that you face day in, day out, battle in, battle out.

your complaint is old and has been repeatedly said on these forums and numerous solutions "proposed".. hence the sarcasm at the hall of mirrors. we have nothing else to do but be sarcastic in the face of repetition, at least its entertaining to read. prevents me from going bananas. and it's easy to do.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »

I'm annoyed by ppl that complain on the forums because they are annoyed by something, so I go to the forums and complain about these ppl ;)

as I mentioned: the art of sarcasm.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options

sigh...

I fought an all ewok team once...ONCE. Never again. Not only fruitless but humiliating.
  • Options
    Im 100% F2P and run full Jedi team and can take top ranks in area a and finish GW every day with ease. All players are maxed except Barris and QGJ are 6*

Arena: QGJ lead, Yoda, Ahsoka, Eeth, Lum

GW : QGJ lead, Yoda, Ahsoka, JC, Lum
    GW Subs: Barris, Eeth, Mace
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    I dais agree . QGJ has an amazing leader skill. And recently when I face lumi led teams, they dodge the sideous Out of my attacks ! 8 dodges in a row once when I was attacking chewie of all people....