CG: I hate RNG

Jerubaal001
117 posts Member
edited July 2022
I really hate the RNG in this game.
There is very little skill sometimes.
I can beat R9 Executor with my R8, sometimes so fast, I can hardly believe it. But when it takes 5, 6, 7 attempts, I get closer and closer to rage quitting.

I can't really think of any reason to stay, other than my guild.

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Or R9 your Exec. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you spent your R9 mats elsewhere, that's a poor choice in terms of priorities and you should learn from.

If you're not earning R9 mats (you should have enough for at least 1 R9 character at this point, even if your guild lost every single TW), then you're either in too low of a guild for your GP/roster, or you're punching above your weight and shouldn't expect to win every mirror.
  • Options
    I can beat R9 Executor with my R8, sometimes so fast, I can hardly believe it. But when it takes 5, 6, 7 attempts, I get closer and closer to rage quitting.

If it’s taking you 5,6,7 attempts you should blame your strategy, not RNG.
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    Options

If it’s taking you 5,6,7 attempts you should blame your strategy, not RNG.

While I'm sure your point about strategy is correct but it's not like OP's strategy is always off as they have said they also get easy wins too. That does speak to what I think is a valid point that RNG is more of a thing in fleet arena than is the case for squad arena or PVP more generally (appreciate there's been coun flips before and the dodge meta from ages ago). Maybe I'm just rubbish at fleets but I do find Exec mirrors to be quite unforgiving and I do sometimes lose without knowing how I could possibly have won.
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »

While I'm sure your point about strategy is correct but it's not like OP's strategy is always off as they have said they also get easy wins too. That does speak to what I think is a valid point that RNG is more of a thing in fleet arena than is the case for squad arena or PVP more generally (appreciate there's been coun flips before and the dodge meta from ages ago). Maybe I'm just rubbish at fleets but I do find Exec mirrors to be quite unforgiving and I do sometimes lose without knowing how I could possibly have won.

I’m sorry, but if someone is getting a solitary easy win in 5,6,7 attempts… his win is the RNG.

There is some RNG in Exec mirrors, but if you have good strategy you should rarely lose. I’ve lost once in the last 5 days, minimum 5 battles a day
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »

I’m sorry, but if someone is getting a solitary easy win in 5,6,7 attempts… his win is the RNG.

There is some RNG in Exec mirrors, but if you have good strategy you should rarely lose. I’ve lost once in the last 5 days, minimum 5 battles a day

Fair enough and well played.

I'd rather people posted a video when these sort of complaints arise. It would make it so much easier to advise on tactics. Otherwise it's just s bit ranty and hard to engage with it at a constructive level.
  • Options
    I agree - the usual questions (to the OP) are…

- what is your first move (assuming enemy goes first every time)?
    - what is your first reinforcement?

We can usually find a strategic flaw in the answer to those 2 questions.
  • Options
    I’m guessing he’s probably not going to ask for your advice since you started with attacking him in an earlier post. Maybe he would have taken up your offer of help if he thought it was more sincere. Try starting with good cop next time, you might be able to give someone help when they need it in understanding what they are doing wrong. Belittling their difficulties just makes you look like a bully and obnoxious.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    StAugJames wrote: »
    I’m guessing he’s probably not going to ask for your advice since you started with attacking him in an earlier post. Maybe he would have taken up your offer of help if he thought it was more sincere. Try starting with good cop next time, you might be able to give someone help when they need it in understanding what they are doing wrong. Belittling their difficulties just makes you look like a bully and obnoxious.

1. If you don't want toxic replies, do some re-search before posting. Trillions of people have complaint about the same before.
    2. Don't start the title with "CG", they usually don't look into the forum.
    3. Don't using the word "hate". That's too emotional.
    4. Better directly post in "Arena and Character Strategy" or "New Players". People there are more forgiving.