Gold Path in Conquest

Ryche
151 posts Member
sorry, if this has been asked, i did a search and found nothing.

what specifically is the gold path for besides being a little more challenging? Thats the only difference I have noticed besides difficulty.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Gives you access to a second disk / consumable node at the end of that segment.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    thanks Rath! I was thinking it gave access to better disks/consummables, etc.......
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    thanks Rath! I was thinking it gave access to better disks/consummables, etc.......

in theory they should be better discs but not always
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    It gives you more choices. They may or may not be better.

Basically I always follow the path for disk nodes at least until I can see the node to decide whether I want something there or not. I don't worry about the path for consumable nodes.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options

what specifically is the gold path for besides being a little more challenging? Thats the only difference I have noticed besides difficulty.

So far I've found that even if you skip the gold path, the teams aren't any "easier" as might be claimed. (gold path is the 'challenge' path.) You face the same 5 teams that are all overpowered and if they're galactic republic, if you sneeze on one of them your whole team dies from mirror damage. lol

In earlier sectors it's good to have the choices, if you already have a couple of the thermals and DoTs discs, at least you get a couple more choices for teams in the non-challenge paths. (I even got to face bounty hunters a couple times!)

• Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

So far I've found that even if you skip the gold path, the teams aren't any "easier" as might be claimed. (gold path is the 'challenge' path.) You face the same 5 teams that are all overpowered and if they're galactic republic, if you sneeze on one of them your whole team dies from mirror damage. lol

In earlier sectors it's good to have the choices, if you already have a couple of the thermals and DoTs discs, at least you get a couple more choices for teams in the non-challenge paths. (I even got to face bounty hunters a couple times!)
    rofl, yup, if i see the reflective damage thats just 2 stars.
  • Altzair
    132 posts Member
    Options
    I can usually 3* those using JML squad (JML, JKL, GAS, JKR, HYoda) on hard. At least through sector 3. Most other squads I've used, GLs included, only 2* against GR teams cause of that stupid modifier
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options

It was supposed to be access to a better option, but that has gone bye-bye. It's not just extra choices from the same lame pile.