VPN Issue

So I have to use a VPN to connect to the game to get through the firewalls and whatever else at my Job. Until today, this hasn't been an issue at all. It wasn't until I took my phone off wifi, and disabled my VPN that I was able to get into the game at all.

Is this some new issue or is it a temporary thing? This will cause a lot of problems for me to continue playing if this is a new permanent thing.

Replies

• Options
    That sounds more like your work changed their security policy to be honest. The vast majority of places I have worked restrict outgoing VPN connections.
  • Options
    I'd agree but I again took my phone off wifi completely and was on data at the time. I had to completely shut off my VPN in order to connect to the game.
  • Options
    I've had troubles lately if I connect to my company's wifi network, I cannot access the game. It always loads as a guest account wanting to start new...so probably something that restricts Game Center. Annoying.
  • Options
    It's entirely feasible it's IOS related. I know there were previously issues with game center and losing/changing network. E.g. airplane mode etc. I can't say why that would suddenly be an issue today, unless it's a combination of factors.

At any rate, your company SHOULD be blocking outbound VPNs. Quite honestly kudos to you that you've managed this long! Lol