With the latest addition of Krrsantan there are now (7) Wookies:

Chewbacca
Clone Wars Chewbacca
Threepio & Chewie
Vandor Chewbacca
Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
Zaalbar
And Black Krrsantan

There is a Tuscan Raider tag and only (3) toons.

Come on man!

HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
RAWRGWAWGGR

Replies

• Options
    Lore wise tuskens are a tribal species, very unlikely to leave their tribe for other worlds/groups. Wookiees, on the other hand, spread across the Galaxy so there are not necessarily Wookiee groups as such, rather groups which have a Wookiee (or two) in them. In game, the tuskens have a tag because that’s the only team they can go in, whereas a Wookiee team would break up good/established teams with synergies (CLS rebels, OR, scoundrels, Hutt Cartel) for one team that would require substantial work to be anywhere near as competitive as the teams it draws from. Not to mention the loss of team numbers in GAC and TW.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    There used to be one. And a human tag. They put species tags on the launch characters and continued doing that for a while in case they wanted to use it later, but never did, so eventually the tags stopped being added to new characters and then, later, were removed from the characters that had them.

Although, strictly speaking, the species tags sith, ewok, and droid still exist. They just got folded into faction tagging.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Why oh why is there no Wookie tag?

With the latest addition of Krrsantan there are now (7) Wookies:

Chewbacca
    Clone Wars Chewbacca
    Threepio & Chewie
    Vandor Chewbacca
    Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
    Zaalbar
    And Black Krrsantan

There is a Tuscan Raider tag and only (3) toons.

Come on man!

HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
    RAWRGWAWGGR

That's not accurate. We have 3 wookies in the game. Although one of them has 5 different versions.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Jimster1
    175 posts Member
    Options
    They could easily add Wookie Warrior, Tarful and Wookie Chieftan. I also like the idea of Wookie demolitionist.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There used to be one. And a human tag. They put species tags on the launch characters and continued doing that for a while in case they wanted to use it later, but never did, so eventually the tags stopped being added to new characters and then, later, were removed from the characters that had them.

Although, strictly speaking, the species tags sith, ewok, and droid still exist. They just got folded into faction tagging.

Both the Wookie and the Human tags technically still exist in the game code, and still get updated. We just can't see them. Some discord bots can though.

For example:
    sqra1ero1017.png

Krrsantan does have the wookie tag.
  • Options
    Why are there character filters for “Genosians,” “Ewoks,” “Jawas,” even “Tuskens,” but not “Wookies!?” This discrimination against our extraterrestrial Sasquatch friends must end!!!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Both the Wookie and the Human tags technically still exist in the game code, and still get updated. We just can't see them. Some discord bots can though.

For example:
    sqra1ero1017.png

Krrsantan does have the wookie tag.

That's cool! I didn't know that. I always liked the species tags, personally, I hope they use them for something some day.
  • Options
    Because those are not species filters but faction filters (with in-built synergies). When Wookiees actually have synergy with each other they'll get that tag.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Why are there character filters for “Genosians,” “Ewoks,” “Jawas,” even “Tuskens,” but not “Wookies!?” This discrimination against our extraterrestrial Sasquatch friends must end!!!

A filter tag is small potatoes, what about the Droid attack on the Wookies?
  • Options
    This thread is giving me Deja Vu
  • Options
    There is not a filter for Genosians.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Check again.. Oh, ARGH! A lot like Rouge 1.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

Rouge 1, Genosians, omnicrons… there are so many of them.
  • TVF
    36619 posts Member
    Options

Rouge 1, Genosians, omnicrons… there are so many of them.

datacons
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    Because those are not species filters but faction filters (with in-built synergies). When Wookiees actually have synergy with each other they'll get that tag.

No, they’re species tags. As I said, when the game launched every character had a species tag in addition to a faction tag. Lando was tagged as a Scoundrel and as a Human. Darth Vader was Empire, Sith, and Human. I forget what faction tag Clone Wars Chewbacca had, I want to say just Scoundrel, but whether it was Scoundrel or Galactic Republic doesn’t matter to this point because the part that matters is he had the Wookie species tag.

The species tags were eventually removed because they didn’t want effects that targeted all humans, but faction tags remained and a lot of the species tags were folded into that system. Jawas, ewoks, droids, etc—those were edge cases that fit both a species and a faction, so once the species tags were removed only the faction utility remained. Well, to be extra accurate, there only ever really was any faction utility in the first place.
  • Jacgul
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I have to say, I really dislike putting multiple versions of the same character on a team. There's 3 woolies, just a million versions of chewier.