Gear crunch release next phase? Bugs in Game?

Apparently this is over done at this point...

But we are still waiting on the gear crunch changes that were stated a long time a go in a galaxy far, far away

Bugs are coming through left right and centre, and post are being made and then moved to the graveyard so more get made. Perhaps take the feedback on board instead of moving it into an area that no one reads.

Not to mention datacons making it really hard to stay interested now in the game.

Replies

• Options
    Maybe if they bury things enough, people will forget about it and move on
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Recurve wrote: »

But we are still waiting on the gear crunch changes that were stated a long time a go in a galaxy far, far away

Bugs are coming through left right and centre, and post are being made and then moved to the graveyard so more get made. Perhaps take the feedback on board instead of moving it into an area that no one reads.

Not to mention datacons making it really hard to stay interested now in the game.

Be careful. Bringing up what CG posted in a State of the Galaxy here in the forum is apparently enough get your thread closed and called borderline spam...
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »

Be careful. Bringing up what CG posted in a State of the Galaxy here in the forum is apparently enough get your thread closed and called borderline spam...

kosa7mimm9e6.png
  • Options
    If you heard the Hynsey interview a few weeks back you'll know Crumb is aware the gear crunch is the first thing on player's minds. They spent 5 minutes talking about how they wouldn't talk about it. Datacrons crunch got fixed in a month so we know it's not a balancing issue.
    CG is 100% aware the players feel gear crunch is an issue, they just don't agree with you. CG is also aware you feel lied to, they just don't care.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t even noticed a change that’s made a difference, im still stuck on gear 8 walls on some characters.. stun guns are better and that’s it..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »
    I haven’t even noticed a change that’s made a difference, im still stuck on gear 8 walls on some characters.. stun guns are better and that’s it..

Not to defend CG, but you say that you didn't notice a change, then proceed to describe the change.
    Changes did happen, but it's not nearly enough, nor is it all they promised. Instead, we are getting the perpetual cash grab of datacraps and more one-shot cash grabs on top of it...
  • Options
    If everyone boycotts datacons maybe then they'll listen.
  • Options

Which won't happen.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Whether or not we F2P and dolphin plebs engage with dataCONS or not is of no concern to CG. That's not their nor any company's profit strategy. They have created an artificial, temporary arms race within the top of kyber, the 'tip of the spear' where whales who play to *win* will pay to win, even if it means their rewards are far outweighed by the money they put into the temporary advantage. From a profitability standpoint, it's genius, and a resounding success, so long as the other 95% of the player base doesn't hate it so much that they all quit and the game dies. Yes we're seeing some attrition but time will tell if it was calculated and their profits indeed outweighing the loses of spenders leaving. My speculation is that CG are making out like bandits, all while keeping the advantages temporary and able to be largely automated, ensuring they keep their whale milking machine operating even if the game itself just has a ghost crew and updates/new characters coming at life support levels.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • ArdenPulsar
    372 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Which won't happen.

To me that's insane. Why would anyone buy, participate, use or play something they don't enjoy? A company makes a bad product or a change that customers don't like, the customers don't buy or use it. The customer doesn't shrug their shoulders, say oh well and hand over their money anyway.
    Datacons in one fell swoop have neutered the investments, planning and decisions I've made in my 6 1/2 year old roster and the thousands of dollars I've invested in it.

CG looks and listens to data and usage not verbal complaints. If we don't engage, changes can be made
  • Options

Which won't happen.

To me that's insane. Why would anyone buy, participate, use or play something they don't enjoy?

Because not everyone hates datacrons.
  • Options
    They actually have already addressed with a statement at Star Wars celebration. They said they are happy with where the gear economy is and have no plans to change it despite their state of the galaxy post.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    They actually have already addressed with a statement at Star Wars celebration. They said they are happy with where the gear economy is and have no plans to change it despite their state of the galaxy post.

That was not an official statement. It was one CG employee talking to one player. Eventhough I don't think said person lied, there is no official confirmation from CG on this. So as it stands, there is no official comment from CG on this except the things written in the forums and Crumb's last stream with Hynsey where they talked 5 minutes about how they will not discuss it in that stream and it would be adressed seperately another time.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

Why would anyone buy, participate, use or play something they don't enjoy?
    I participate with them not because I like the kitten things but because not to puts me at disadvantage.

Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    Options
    I did notice a LARGE increase in my Core Gear income after the first round of changes. Do I still need it? Absolutely. I never thought the Core Gear Relief Package was going to make Core Gear needs disappear completely. Aside from Carbantis, it's non-Core Gear that are the new bottlenecks in many cases, for me anyway.

So what's been the speculation on what (the likely cancelled) Phase 2 might have done? I've seen a lot of people demanding asking for it, but there's been no details at all, right? Kyro Relief maybe? I'm dubious. What else?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I did notice a LARGE increase in my Core Gear income after the first round of changes. Do I still need it? Absolutely. I never thought the Core Gear Relief Package was going to make Core Gear needs disappear completely. Aside from Carbantis, it's non-Core Gear that are the new bottlenecks in many cases, for me anyway.

So what's been the speculation on what (the likely cancelled) Phase 2 might have done? I've seen a lot of people demanding asking for it, but there's been no details at all, right? Kyro Relief maybe? I'm dubious. What else?

I would like some easing on G12+ gear, since most toons/squads aren’t really useful until relics.

I would agree with CG that the phase 1 changes to core gear are enough. From an endgame standpoint, I don’t actively farm or feel compelled to purchase core gear, again because of relics (signal data and G12+).

For newer players, I’m indifferent. If CG wants to eventually kick out a phase 2 for non-G12+ gear, I’ll be fine and might save some guild tokens and shard shop currency for pulse modulators or G12+ gear. If not, I’ll just shrug and tell them to farm them up like I had to do. Meh.
  • Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    G12 and G12+ Relief would be sweet.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Crumb is going to be on Hynsey's stream on Friday....cant wait to hear "We hear you, but we have nothing to announce at this time" Callin it now.

AHAHHAHA...I called it. Crumb said exactly what I said he was going to say. Nothing new on the gear phases...le sigh.

I will give some credit to Crumb, he did confirm that they are not done with phase 1...but dont worry...they are "talking about it" AKA-buy our packs, peasants.

Yea I don't believe him for a second. CG has already shown that they have no qualms lying to us so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be just another lie. It's been almost a full year since the state of the gearlaxy post, if they actually wanted to finish phase 1 and move on to phase 2 they would have done it already
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »

Well I see that's still the same as it was 3 years ago, which is rather disappointing to read.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Crumb is going to be on Hynsey's stream on Friday....cant wait to hear "We hear you, but we have nothing to announce at this time" Callin it now.

AHAHHAHA...I called it. Crumb said exactly what I said he was going to say. Nothing new on the gear phases...le sigh.

I will give some credit to Crumb, he did confirm that they are not done with phase 1...but dont worry...they are "talking about it" AKA-buy our packs, peasants.

"We've been talking about it" and "no" are the only answers in CGs magic 8-ball
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

"We've been talking about it" and "no" are the only answers in CGs magic 8-ball

You forgot "soon", "too expansive" and "we're monitoring the situation".
    Bigger 8-ball than you give them credit for.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.