Datacrons are here to stay but heres how it could be better

As the subject states crons are going no where. But cg could add mats and currency to all nodes across the board. You have 3 different types of crons to build at any given time but only couple places to earn resources for them. And with the cron store changes you either use crystals or suffer greatly. We are already spending hoards of energy each day an crystals to do refreshes so why not add mats an currency to all nodes so we can earn a little bit thru out our day. The biggest complaint i hear in my guild is the currency. All crons use same type and to take one cron to L9 it uses a lot of currency. At first we only had 1 cron to build and then 2 but now tht the 3rd one is out an with the the 1st one about to be expiring and a new one will be introduced we will have 3 at all times to work on. So the currency crunch will only get worse. Im sure the community has other ideas to help alleviate some of the headaches with crons but this i think would go a long way to help reduce some of the stress n hate that they have brought to the game.

Replies

• Options
    As the subject states crons are going no where. But cg could add mats and currency to all nodes across the board. You have 3 different types of crons to build at any given time but only couple places to earn resources for them. And with the cron store changes you either use crystals or suffer greatly. We are already spending hoards of energy each day an crystals to do refreshes so why not add mats an currency to all nodes so we can earn a little bit thru out our day. The biggest complaint i hear in my guild is the currency. All crons use same type and to take one cron to L9 it uses a lot of currency. At first we only had 1 cron to build and then 2 but now tht the 3rd one is out an with the the 1st one about to be expiring and a new one will be introduced we will have 3 at all times to work on. So the currency crunch will only get worse. Im sure the community has other ideas to help alleviate some of the headaches with crons but this i think would go a long way to help reduce some of the stress n hate that they have brought to the game.

I don’t think the currency issue is why people hate data-CONS so much.
  • Options
    StAugJames wrote: »

I do, out of every shop currency, and ally points now
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, they gave us too much currency. I wanted to face less DCs, not more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

That’s probably because you are one of the few that actually like Datacons. I was referring to the majority that don’t like them at all.
  • Options

That’s probably because you are one of the few that actually like Datacons. I was referring to the majority that don’t like them at all.
    Oh come on. I’m sure even some of those that dislike them still use their currencies to level them up.

I’m prepared to accept without concrete evidence that the majority of the player base dislike datacrons, but you can’t seriously be suggesting that the majority aren’t engaging with them?
  • Options
    This ^

I don't like them and I wish that they'd go away but I am realistic and doubt that's going to happen. So I use the free stuff that comes our way. To not do so seems churlish and somewhat pointless.
  • Options

Oh come on. I’m sure even some of those that dislike them still use their currencies to level them up.

I’m prepared to accept without concrete evidence that the majority of the player base dislike datacrons, but you can’t seriously be suggesting that the majority aren’t engaging with them?

I’m just stating the primary reason people don’t like them isn’t because of currency issues. But as always you are just looking to pick fights.
  • Options

I’m just stating the primary reason people don’t like them isn’t because of currency issues. But as always you are just looking to pick fights.
    I’m disagreeing with you. That’s not picking a fight.

The way I read your post was that only people who like datacrons are spending ally points and shard shop currency on datacrons. Re-reading it, I can see you perhaps meant something else.
  • Options

Well i did say the biggest complaint in MY guild. Idk about other guilds just what all the guys in my guild is saying. But the point of my post is not whether everyone loves or hates them but that the fact their here to stay so here is how i think cg could make it a little easier on us by adding the mats n credits to all nkdes so we have another way to earn them.
  • Options
    If CG gave away more datacron mats for free the game would still be ruined and CG would make less money from datacrons. Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me.
  • Options
    I for one refuse to engage in the datacrons at all. I'm a day one player who has whaled more oftennthan not but if push comes to shove I'll leave the game. The line has to be drawn somewhere and if not datacrons the next abomination that gets foisted on us will be even worse. Datacrons are simply bad for the game
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nah, they gave us too much currency. I wanted to face less DCs, not more.

And even more currency is coming via bonus drops. Please stop this madness!
  • Options
    Add them to TB’s and remove them from GAC. I might like them a little then
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options

I can only speak for myself but I don’t use any currency for mats. I need those for gear. I use the Bronziums for gear and shards for the shard shop. And the shard shop currency goes into gear. The reason why I don't use them for DC mats is because I don't want to need even longer to gear/relic my toons and the temporary nature of DCs makes them less important to me compared to gear/relic levels that are permanent.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Still don't farm Datacrons, whatever I get from Conquest (horrible place to put those mats) I use.

Don't spend any crystals on them, don't like them.

Datacrons are not here to stay because it is still during the "exhibition" season and I hope they are dismantled and removed from the game.

CG needs to acknowledge they made a mistake and actually work on the gear economy, which many of us are interested in and are expecting rather than Datacrons, which many were NOT is asking for.
  • Pieeater420
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I wish you guys were right. I wish cg would remove them. But that would involve them admitting that they goofed and we all know they will nvr do that. They will double down if anything. When have they ever listened to us and stopped something we all agreed was bad idea and unwanted. Never that i can remember. They always say they heard our concerns and instead of stopping,fixing,removing whatever it was they always double down and implement the changes twice fold. And crons will be no different. Knowing them they will make them 1 month only before they expire an cost twice as much. We can complain about them all we want but as long as the whales will spend(and they will) they are not going anywhere and I for one am not to blind to see that. I hate that their here an if you dont use em you will fall in gac costing you crystals. So you may as well figure out the best free way to build them up an start implementing them to your roster. Only person your hurting by not using them is yourself. Im sure your gac opponents will appreciate you greatly for taking a stand 😂.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Datacons don't have to be here to stay. That's 100% up to us, the consumer. Bad products come and go all the time. If we don't waste time and resources on them, CG won't waste time and resources making them and pushing them. CG's not your parents making you eat your datacons or no dessert. They are a game company. They work for us, the consumer. If the consumer doesn't consume their product, they won't make the product. Datacons are a bad product.

Once upon a time, a soft drink company, called Coca-Cola, made something called "New Coke." People didn't like it, so they didn't buy it. Magically, the original, well, not the original, Coke came back rebranded "Coca-Cola Classic."

If a company came out with Banana Pickle Ice Cream, some pregnant women might rejoice, some morbidly curious people might try it, but the majority of the population would ignore it, and it would go away. Datacons are Banana Pickle Ice Cream. Ignore them.

You know this will never happen though right?
  • Options
    Tinfoil hat on:
    Jabba's low relic requirement (compared to JMK/LV) mean that datacrons are a huge success because people relic'd their roster like there is no tomorrow to get those sweet lvl 6 bonuses. So CG's just happy making us relic subpar characters without pushing it too far. Datacrons will make us put those extra relic levels just fine.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Tinfoil hat on:
    Jabba's low relic requirement (compared to JMK/LV) mean that datacrons are a huge success because people relic'd their roster like there is no tomorrow to get those sweet lvl 6 bonuses. So CG's just happy making us relic subpar characters without pushing it too far. Datacrons will make us put those extra relic levels just fine.

Let's wait for group 3 lol.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Tinfoil hat on:

My blind speculation is that they are making enough money from DCs, and they expect to continue to do so going forward. So they don't have to squeeze on gear/relics as hard. Also, the marquees are already gonna generate a pretty penny and give the whales their desired separation from the peasants.