Expired datacrons questions

Hi
I recently came back to the game,
And got a small question:
What will happen to all the "treatise inquisitorious" datacrons and all those "acumen" parts when those expire in less than a month?
Will the be lost?
Should i be using those acumen parts now as i wont be able to use them soon?
(Most of my toons are less than relic 3, so i feel it is a bit of a waste to level up datacrons now, as only about 2 teams can use them)

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I recently came back to the game,
    And got a small question:
    What will happen to all the "treatise inquisitorious" datacrons and all those "acumen" parts when those expire in less than a month?
    Will the be lost?
    Should i be using those acumen parts now as i wont be able to use them soon?
    (Most of my toons are less than relic 3, so i feel it is a bit of a waste to level up datacrons now, as only about 2 teams can use them)
  • KarateApina
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Accumen parts should remain in inventory and be reusable in set 4. (The new set is set 3.)
    Datacrons will be dismanteled to accumen stuff.

Edit:
    We are still in the first cycle, so we do not know for sure how it will work.
  • Options
    Accumen parts should remain in inventory and be reusable in set 4. (The new set is set 3.)
    Datacrons will be dismanteled to accumen stuff.

Edit:
    We are still in the first cycle, so we do not know for sure how it will work.

Thank you!
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    They will be converted to set 4 materials
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    Options
    At the end, all the datacrons will be deleted, and they said they will gives us a portion of what we invested. We still don't know how much that will be.

What i think it should be : 100% is refunded
    What i hope realistically : 50%
    What our generous gods at CG will prbly give back : 5%
  • Options
    Also I was wondering whether there will be a difference between keeping Set 1 Mats and not actually developing a Datacron from it and getting refunds on developed Datacrons.

First I understood that any unused Mats would just vanish and only developed datacrons would be eligible for a refund but I am not sure.

Because if you have Mats and feel like they would not add substantial value with the current Datacron set you might be better off just keeping them for the next round in 3 months.

Anyone got insights on this?
  • Options
    I feel like I have a memory of someone saying that unused Set 1 materials will also be converted into Set 4 materials. But I don’t have a source for that to confirm, sorry.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like I have a memory of someone saying that unused Set 1 materials will also be converted into Set 4 materials. But I don’t have a source for that to confirm, sorry.

it was stated in the announcement about datacrons
  • Options

I think it's also been said that it is not a 1:1 conversion of set 1 to set 4 materials. You'll get some proportion of them, similar to if you had used them to upgrade a datacron, then dismantled that datacron.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

it was stated in the announcement about datacrons

I dunno, could be anywhere. We’ll never know for sure! 🤷🏼‍♂️ No way of going back to check!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.