How to Report Cheating to Devs

Prev1
Pigman
1 posts Member
edited August 2022
Long time lurker, first time poster. I know the process for reporting cheaters used to be to send a DM to lucifer's daddy, but is that still the process? The cheater has been going bananas for a few weeks now and I haven't heard back from CG. Just trying to figure out a solution for me and my shardmates.

Apologies if there are other threads on this, but didn't see anything recently to help me get this sorted out. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Pigman on

Replies

• Options
    You'll never hear back and most likely nothing will be done.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    PM me ally code of cheater with some evidence
  • Options
    They won't do anything, they're too busy pricing the latest Datacron pack. They'll keep telling you to DM someone who hasn't logged in since last January.

The only person around here who cares and responds fast is Ultra, imo CG should pay her to look into cheating
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Just sent you a DM. Even if nothing gets done, I do appreciate the help and response. Worst case scenario, this player just keeps cheating, but the best case scenario is he gets banned. Take care!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pigman wrote: »

Just sent you a DM. Even if nothing gets done, I do appreciate the help and response. Worst case scenario, this player just keeps cheating, but the best case scenario is he gets banned. Take care!

Hopefully

Give us an update if he gets banned
  • Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »
    They won't do anything, they're too busy pricing the latest Datacron pack. They'll keep telling you to DM someone who hasn't logged in since last January.

The only person around here who cares and responds fast is Ultra, imo CG should pay her to look into cheating

They also tell us that the person receives the DM's in his email, so he reads them without needing to log in.
    We recently had some threads of cheaters complaining that they had been banned, so there's hope.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, that's still the process. You're unlikely to receive a direct reply, but it should be added to the queue.
  • Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »

Him
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    OP confirmed to me that this cheater is banned
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    OP confirmed to me that this cheater is banned

That is great. I think it's also great that you relayed their report about the cheater. It's just sad that it takes you to relay it at all or otherwise it takes a long time or doesn't happen at all.

There should be a more reliable way implemented where there isn't a "waiting list" of 6 months or longer and such reports can be checked quickly.

Edit for spelling
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I know the process for reporting cheaters used to be to send a DM to lucifer's daddy, but is that still the process? The cheater has been going bananas for a few weeks now and I haven't heard back from CG. Just trying to figure out a solution for me and my shardmates.

Apologies if there are other threads on this, but didn't see anything recently to help me get this sorted out. Thanks in advance.

its honestly not worth the effort, just add him to your shard chat

• Engage
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Muugamii wrote: »

Some players who cheat haven't fully starred or geared their characters. Do you honestly think they deserve to be on top of a shard with GLs and high relic teams?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Only thing cheaters deserve is indefinite bans
  • Options
    Engage wrote: »
    Muugamii wrote: »

Some players who cheat haven't fully starred or geared their characters. Do you honestly think they deserve to be on top of a shard with GLs and high relic teams?

mate i got two of them in both my shards taking ranks, one of which sits in our top 5 in both arenas doing 30 battles a day purely to grief payouts (yes hes doing so with g8 night sisters and a level 82 5* executrix)

after bumping him and shuffling him down the ranks 100s of times we realised that only CG wins by doing that, using crystals to refresh to battle ..... if CG won't ban them then whats the best out come for you as a player?

Co-operate with them, save resources it's proven that CG don't ban them we've had multiple in our shard over the last 6 years none of which got banned.

It's not a matter of what he deserves, there is no morale reward for defying whats best for the cheater. Just do whats easiest and best for you cause i can guarantee theyll be around for a long time.

And until CG actually do a single thing about any of it - that's my stance
  • Options
    The point it Ultra it shouldn't have to go via yourself.

That lucifer who obviously has left the company should have his account taken over and be actively posting here. It doesn't take long to reply to a pm saying its been received and looking into.
  • Options
    I used to just message doja but if u report directly to ea they do something typically, especially if u get ur other shard mates too aswell
  • Options
    I reported a cheater two month ago,too
    But nothing happens, he starts to beat R9 executor with chimaera and now he collects enough crystals to buy the 7* executor.
    And still have not the right ships to battle in Arena.
    It's useless to report someone
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mandalor wrote: »
    I reported a cheater two month ago,too
    But nothing happens, he starts to beat R9 executor with chimaera and now he collects enough crystals to buy the 7* executor.
    And still have not the right ships to battle in Arena.
    It's useless to report someone

send me ally code w/ evidence
  • Options
    @Ultra
    Send u a PM
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    hope you didn't PM some other Ultra
  • Options
    @Ultra
    Now :)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Got it
  • Options
    What evidence is needed? And how do I find his ally code? It's not visible in fleet arena

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    hqjch5g0y3p0.png

Another one bites the dust!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seeing an uptick of people DM'ing me to get cheaters banned

I'm glad you guys are excited that action is being taken but i'm not LD folks!
  • Options

Keep on and you will become even more famous then LD.

• Options

You've helped some people by asking for DM with evidence. It's normal that desperate people try the same.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Yes, that's still the process. You're unlikely to receive a direct reply, but it should be added to the queue.

How can this still be the process? Lucifer's daddy not been active since January.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

How can this still be the process? Lucifer's daddy not been active since January.

This was addressed earlier in this thread
    They also tell us that the person receives the DM's in his email, so he reads them without needing to log in.
    We recently had some threads of cheaters complaining that they had been banned, so there's hope.