Request: Re-release the Rex Auridium Pack and Notice Period

Predian
615 posts Member
I believe there should be a notice period before a promotion is pulled. Rex/Clone Auridum was pulled without notice. Please bring it back, and please give notice before discontinuing promotions.

Thank you

Replies

• Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I totally agree but I don't see this happening. What I'd like to see is multiple options at a time, and cycle them monthly or every few months.

I haven't played any mobile games before, but compared to traditional MMOs, their communication is so awful. Absolutely no warning before changes, over and over again.
  • Options
    Yes I'd love to finish my Rex.
  • Options
    Yea, I thought it would be available forever. Now that I want him, he's replaced with tusken shaman
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    I totally agree but I don't see this happening. What I'd like to see is multiple options at a time, and cycle them monthly or every few months.

I haven't played any mobile games before, but compared to traditional MMOs, their communication is so awful. Absolutely no warning before changes, over and over again.

+1

Although I would love (LOVE) if they brought Rex back (and would totally max him), I don't see it. And I agree that the communication is nearly nonexistent when it comes to major changes like this.
  • RogueXI
    118 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually really surprised they didn't give a warning, it was in the best interest for everyone. Players would know and decide to spend big before it went away to get their Rex and EA/GC would make some extra $ from the influx in people buying them before they expired. It's a bit of a no brainer. Does not make any sense.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    @RogueXI I totally agree
  • Options
    +1 please bring it back
  • Options
    They gave a 24 hour notice. And what do you think limited timemeans.
  • Options
    They didnt gave a 24 hour notice for Rex, it just disappeared.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    It really should have a countdown like the Yoda event. I'm fine with these things being timed, but 'limited' could mean a week or a month. People farming the shaman have a better idea now and likely won't be caught off guard, but Rex was handled very poorly.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    does any of the staff have business experience or ability to use common logic

sometimes i think they do things to make money but just when i think i have them figured out they do something that prevents them from making more money lol
  • Options
    It was in the update notes from Jesse.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Predian wrote: »
    I believe there should be a notice period before a promotion is pulled. Rex/Clone Auridum was pulled without notice. Please bring it back, and please give notice before discontinuing promotions.

Thank you

Your team is still good enough @Predian ... Yeah I was going to go all in on clones. Debating it a little... I see pack is gone on forums in the morning, still at work so can't buy, and by the update at 3pm Rex is gone... Notice would have been nice. Complete fail to maximize revenue.

• Options
    It was in the update notes from Jesse.

+1...stay active on the forums boys...read the update notes
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It was added to the update notes right before it was removed, not in the initial notes 24 hours before the rollout. Jesse didn't know about this before hand and mentionend this somewhere. Btw, I was not interested in buying those packs, but some people write stuff that just is not true.
  • Options
    +1 to Rex Pack available again and to notice
    that's actually the only thing I would spend money for.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping they make him farmable
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options

Forums are not the optimal way to communicate to the player base. In game alerts are far more effective and efficient. What percent of players read the forums? 10? 5?
  • Options
    Then if only 5-10% use forums then that means 90-95% don't care about any issue discussed on the forums.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Predian wrote: »

Forums are not the optimal way to communicate to the player base. In game alerts are far more effective and efficient. What percent of players read the forums? 10? 5?

Also, I know I didn't care much about Rex, but I was on the forums and read the patch notes and don't remember them saying anything about Auradium before the patch. I can't tell (the notes were posted the day before the patch and updated on the patch day, but there is no time stamp and I cannot find cached version). But I'm at least 75% sure that the Auradium portion of the patch notes was posted after the patch went live.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't in the update notes until very shortly until the release. It was basically a last minute 'oh by the way the packs are going away with the update... UPDATE!' Addition to the notes.
  • KonEl
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I too would like another shot at Rex, I keep borrowing a 7 star from a rando, I have a 4* from a chromium draw. Love his kit, and I always run Fives.