Have top GAC League/divisions been shrinking?

I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that GAC leagues (Kyber, etc...) were staying relatively constant in size. The skill rating squish and adjustments to minimum skill ratings for certain leagues/divisions were supposed to help maintain the initial distribution so we didn't end up with a top heavy kyber league.

However, I saw this chart and it appears to be the opposite.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sDngKacwcoOpQFcqJTzJHrGDZxz_2h8T/view?usp=sharing

It appears that between March & June, Kyber shrunk by 18k. This would anecdotally fit my experience where my kyber 2 opponents have all gotten much stronger.

Now, caveats.
- I didn't source this data. I saw on a youtube video, though I'm sure accuracy could be tracked down and validated
- This doesn't include initial league distributions. So it's possible the initial kyber population was closer to the June total of 62k than the March of 80k.

I doubt CG would want to share actual validated game data. But could we get a comment on whether league sizes are staying equivalent with the initial distribution or if kyber is being purposely shrunk?

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    "Hiya holotable heroes! It's come to our attention that players are, on average, earning slightly more crystals per month since we moved crystals from SA to GAC, and at the minor expense of hours more effort in planning. We are making some changes behind the scenes of the divisions in order to 'increase engagement and competition' for kyber payouts. To make up for this, we'll be offering each player the HyperHyperDataCONDrive bundle in order to increase spen... their ability to participate in trying for the shrinking number of kyber positions. See you on the holotables!"