FTP - not sure what to do: wait / invest?

Hey there,

I believe i'm not the only ftp player to wonder what to do, so I thought sharing my dilemn could be useful for discussion. I have the following chars:
- 70 7* max gear: JC, 86, poggle, sid
- 70 4* max gear: rey
- 7* (or soon) not levelled and not geared: ST han, lumi, HK
- 6* chewie and talia full gear lvl 70
- ig 88 4* not levelled

I have 12M of cash, 22k arena credit (never used them lol) and my profile is lvl 71 (half way 72). I usually end up to rank between 100-200 in the arena every day. I'm not so good in GW mainly because I'm too lazy to restart battles

Now the question is: should I level my main team, and pray they will still be good with end of April update? This will cost a lot of cash. Or should I up my Lumi for instance and remove JC? Or Han? I could go for droid team also... At the moment I don't level anyone, but I'm dropping more and more in the ranks while on defense (people start to be 72). Cash is difficult to get so I would like to wait to see what will be the next combat update. Anyone facing the same dilemn? I'm not targetting the metas, just want to have fun and have a reasonable good rank, and not waste cash that will take ages to get back...

Thanks for your advices!

Replies

• Options
    If you're not following meta, farm your faves. I'm going FO after breaking away from meta and sitting at 142 atm. Lumi is what carries me in GW as a leader. I personally don't use healers for arena but if you get over JC he has a place for your GW ofc.
  • Options
    I was also thinking to boost my Han and play no heal in arena: rey, 86, han, poggle, sid. Never saw this team yet, think it could be good? Maybe in defense it could be good to avoid too many attacks...
    I'm thinking to Lumi mainly for GW, as you mentioned, she seems a very nice support as leader. Would cost me 2.5M. Not sure how hard she is to gear though?
  • Options
    Imo defense is impossible to control unless you're main leader is Dooku or any other evasion up toons. RG and Daka also make most players avoid you bc it's easy to handle if careful but it's just a hassle sometimes.
    Also my Lumi is only 4* and gear 7. Its the rest of my team that really handles it. I'm using her for evasion PLUS that passive heal I love that heal. Barriss I've heard makes it much easier bc I'm constantly worried about Sid :<
  • Options
    1) I'm a whale and make no bones about it. Not STUPIDLY a whale but I've bought a few packs.

That being said, play what's fun for you. I HATE using the current meta ( I'm one back and fine with it because they were fun for me before I knew they were en vogue) but my GW team is about fun for me, being Phasma, Lumi, FOP, JC/Talia, RG because I like big hits with FoP and find Phasma fun and HATE Dooku/Sid ( have Sid and just haven't geared him and will for a Leia team when I get there.. Sid ( L ), Leia, Greedo, FOP and probably RG for a free taunt.. Mmhmm Crit Goodness .. In about three months...)

If you aren't having fun, it's not a game, it's marriage.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    not waste cash that will take ages to get back...
    This part would be partly addressed by having Lumi in GW. Lumi, JC, Poggle plus 2 others would reduce the need for retreating. If you can get him, having QGJ would speed up Lumi and JC. An additional strategy for QGJ is to start with the assist, retreat, then move your highest DPS toon into assist position.
    Post edited by sid on
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Finishing GW is a must. You need the credits. So invest your credits until you can finish GW with whatever level of effort you feel like putting in.

To do this Spend the money on Lumi and you'll make it back in improved GW results in a month.
  • Happy_Sheep
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1)
    If you aren't having fun, it's not a game, it's marriage.

Lol. Thanks for the game AND matrimonial advice :p
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Finishing GW is a must. You need the credits. So invest your credits until you can finish GW with whatever level of effort you feel like putting in.

To do this Spend the money on Lumi and you'll make it back in improved GW results in a month.

You ans sid convinced me, I'll invest for the time being in my Lumi to target finishing the GW.
    Barriss I've heard makes it much easier bc I'm constantly worried about Sid :<

Yes I'm the same I always target Sid first (except if there is Daka or a deadly dps such ad Rey or 86). Bariss could be nice but a long way to go, and I find her a bit useless except her heal (and I prefer more polyvalent chars).

Could get a QGJ with all my cantina credit but for some reason I don't like it. Too many players with him I guess. I'm saving my cantina credit for my Ayala 3* or Tarkin 4* - yes I like to hope - (the frustration of being a ftp using all the credits on chromium mega pack, and getting char that can't be upgraded lol - but can't complain considering my Rey which is amazing, and will be 5* in a month).