Post edited by Aero on

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Run? Moi?
    *whistles innocently*
    :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar
    I chickened out. Well, actually I realized this was my last battle (already did a refresh) and decided to take a crack at someone in the top 20. And failed. Next time!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not leveling up my arena team much, so if you are, I'm sure our paths will cross soon. :) I was shocked that I finished at #2 yesterday, that likely won't happen again for a while.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar I keep seeing your team as my far right slot and I always avoid it. I'm trying to play it out in my head, but all your characters besides RG will go before me, unless someone gets a crit.

It'd go Yoda, who I rarely see crit
    QGJ who may crit but will wreck in the meantime
    GS who will one shot someone
    Lumi

And then my Rex goes, provided no one crit. And I likely won't have enough damage output to down anyone before RG taunts and then Lumi will heal . . .

I fair much better against the droid teams which is how I'm staying afloat in the top 50 now. Before the Dooku mania I was getting top 20 and twice top 10 feeding off QGJ leads, but that was without RG.

My team is
    Rex (L)
    Fives
    Sarge
    Plo Koon
    Asajj

So I have no one to blame but myself, trying to break the mold. Held onto #49 for payout today.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar oh and we're you going to set up a guild? Because I guess I'd join a same-shard guild leader before a random, but it'll need to be filled for max rewards. Just wondering what your plans are.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Aero - I know you wanted me to record fighting you.. had one fight left over, here's how it went down against my stunlock/assist team.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vv-t9-Ebnc
    I got lucky with RNG here admittedly. But I'm also running a team 4 levels lower (except Jinn is 2 levels down). Mostly, it's just a matter of human vs. AI, I'm sure you could beat me easily.
    IMO your weakness is Plo Koon. I know he has synergies with clones, but he's just not very good. Your lack of a taunter also makes it too easy to get rid of Rex, who anchors the team but is very squishy. Once he is gone, the team just falls down. And Koon is a Jedi, and Dooku is everywhere.
    Replace Koon with RG or ST Han and you have a better team IMO.
    Post edited by Qeltar on
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar thanks for the input. I don't really have any taunters (RG and ST Han are 4 stars). I'll likely work towards them next, but I'm not too worried. I'm finishing high enough to refresh cantina once and normal twice, good enough for me.

Stun teams like yours I tend to ignore outright. Sure you are a few levels before me, but stun is a utility independent of level.

Oh, I got Clone Sarge to 7 stars this morning. Very exciting!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    @Qeltar thanks for the input. I don't really have any taunters (RG and ST Han are 4 stars). I'll likely work towards them next, but I'm not too worried. I'm finishing high enough to refresh cantina once and normal twice, good enough for me.
    I expect RG to be nerfed (he should be, at least his stun, much as I love it) but you should definitely work on a taunter.
    Aero wrote: »
    Stun teams like yours I tend to ignore outright.
    That's the idea! :) Though I am sure you could still beat it.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    That's the idea! :) Though I am sure you could still beat it.
    @Qeltar
    Probably. If Rex would of used Squad discipline for tenacity up no one would of been stunned, but then I still have to deal with Dooku dodge. Level 8 of Squad discipline gives an extra turn of tenacity up, so even more of a window to deal with these teams.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Which is exactly why you need a taunter. If I can get rid of him before he does that, the match is over.
  • Options
    Yes Qeltar you are playing the perfect meta at the moment. You have maxed stun setup, you have 2 assists increasing stuns probabilities, you got a panic heal, a revive, a dispel, a maxed offence up buff ability and an auto taunt. Despite the level difference you schooled the crap AI of that clone team ( it could not do anything with the perma stun on his healer anyway :D ).

On my shard I have to face the same perfect setup ( the 4 mandatory toons being Dooku, RG, Daka, QGJ and for 5th either Leia or GS or Rey ) but this time I am talking about squads full of pre crafted gear and level 74 -75. And there is no alternative since they camp 8 out of the 10 top positions.

I think it is really sad to see the current situation and even to watch your match against Aero. As much as I believe that you as a human player should be able to outsmart the AI, I think you should have had more struggle to beat Aero and lose a couple of toons at least for 2 reasons: First he is higher level than you are and second and more importantly he has gone for a clone synergy team while your team composition has no synergy in theory but overpowers him in practice. Your composition blows up Jedi setups, Droids setups, sisters setup without troubles, I tried a level 73 team ewoks with a tank and it ends either in a draw or a lost match. I would do just like Aero and not bother fighting a team composition like yours at the moment because it is frustrating without using the same composition and it is boring when using the same composition ( I have all these toons 6-7* with G8 to experiment with ).
    Who would have thought that the best synergy would be achieved by combining a sith, a jedi, a geonosian drone, a sister and an empire no name. It feels to me that there is less diversity now than before the update despite what most people are saying.
    ****, I am writing down here and between the time I started the post and the time I finished I went from rank 2 down to rank 18... No rest for Jedis in front of the current armada of Dookus :dizzy:

may the force be with you.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthGozu I share your sentiment that a faction squad at a higher level should be superior, but that you should still be able to out smart the AI. And I guess I'm kinda banking on things going that way in the future. It's part of the reason I don't have a taunter, because non of the current taunters really interest me as far add their actual character and theme (hindsight Asajj doesn't fit the theme either, but she was the first character I went for in Arena before I knew how the game works because I loved her in the clone wars.

Kudos to Qeltar still for a great match. With any luck, Commander Cody or Wolffe out ARC Trooper will will be a taunter.
  • Options
    Agree Aero,

Before the update I was running a QGJ, Daka, Lumi, Yoda, Ahsoka team. I don't like doing the same thing for too long so I decided to start a Ewok squad from scratch for this new update. So to speak I spent quite some time and when I saw the WWF event I felt like Santa filled up my socks with goodies.
    But despite all this I feel like the update had poor testing and left slow Ewoks a bit in the dark in terms of competitivity ( not asking them to be deadly, just slightly more competitive so they arena does not end up in a draw after 5min due to low damage ). Teebo leader is still broken. Chirpa is tough to gear up and has one of the lowest HP, also his abilities need revisiting for finer tuning and fixing. Elder is by far my favorite and requires so much patience to assemble but it keeps me entertained. Scout is very tactical to play actually with making a choice between eating an enemy turn meter or downing an enemy. Ewoks are great fun in GW combined with RG or Han and most importantly a lot of fun in twisting the enemy turn meter or recovering the first avalanche of damage. Since the update and considering my team is not yet maxed up I can reach battle 8-9 before they are put down by an elite squad. From then I have 4 matches to deal with using my Jedi team, sister team and Phasma Glass cannon team. But in Arena, I don't think my Ewoks stand a chance with the amount of squads similar to Qeltar's at the moment. Either I get stun locked or I hit the timer. My perception of stun squad ( Dooku + Daka + RG ) is that it is the ultimate turn meter control: burns 100%+ turn meter and avoid damage, can't beat that with team Ewoks right now.

I share your view on Ventress, actually my first 7* from arena, picked her first over Sidious.

Yea Qeltar kept 100% control of his match, I found it sad that there was not much resilience to his victory but was a great game :D

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar @Scorn @Starlordfett
    I've changed this to a general thread for our shard. Tag anyone else you know from the shard.

With that, I'm sad to see that RedPanda has now joined the ranks of Dooku leads. I'm now the only clone squad :(
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Before i brought ewoks into squad arena. I was guilty of running a dooku lead too. Now that my ewoks are starred and geared up enough to compete, I'm not going back. Dooku's dodge is just too good right now. Although i manage to beat him with my teddy bears now, i can still see the draw for so many people to run him.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I remember facing you with Dooku lead, that's when I first sent you an ally request. But hey, for the moment you're top 10 with the fur balls.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. I had some extra squad battles to do. Just wanted to get them done before bed and the nightly reset. The dooku teams i went against didn't dodge much, so that helped immensly! But, they're capable. I love my little ewoks! Here's hoping i don't fall too far overnight.
  • Options
    Hey I want to join the fun too :)
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Bringing shard mates together. I love it!
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious? Does our shard have a name? If not, we should name it.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Smuggler's Shard?
    Shard of the Jedi?
    Shard of the Sith?
    Shard of Republic?

or maybe something more fun? I don't know. I'm not very creative in naming things. I'm interested to see what we can come up with.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey what time zone is everyone in? I'm sweating a bit now that Scorn just knocked me to 17. I'm about to swap with him again in a sec though.

I'm US Central
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    US Central. And Aero, don't do it! :'(
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Scorn, if you attack me again take your time. We can both get top 20
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I decided to spare your clones. I took #12. This Wai we both can finish top 20. It's better to avoid infighting among allies if you ask me. :D
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    I decided to spare your clones. I took #12. This Wai we both can finish top 20. It's better to avoid infighting among allies if you ask me. :D

To be completely honest once again, I believe your Ewoks can deal with Dooku leads much better than my clones. I kind of rely on you to get up there so I can piggy back my way in.

I need an RG like yours.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Nice. I feel so used now. Lol. And yeah, dooku leads don't really bother me much. I can handle them fairly easily, even with rg on the opposing team. And as long as you don't knock me back too far, i don't mind you piggybacking. Just be aware at payout time, it's no holds barred.

I think han might benefit for your team better. With the tm manipulation, your team would wreck dooku leads. Rg is great protection, but if you have no way to stun their dispellers, or take away their entire tm, like my teebo or scout (to some extent), he's a liability with an opposing qui-gon.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I definitely won't knock you out of a tier anywhere near payout. And yeah I'm 15 shards away from 7 star Greedo then I'll get to work on Han. Wish I would of done Han before Greedo, I thought the Scoundrel event would of happened already. I'm also going to work on RG anyways for my Empire team I'm pretty far along with, see below (taken yesterday)

MuphH2F.jpg