400% of which defense?

crzydroid
7333 posts Moderator
Does anyone know the mechanic of the sith gaining 400% of their defense omicron? On swgoh.gg it seems like it is querying both armor and resistance, but there is only one name for "CONTEXT_VALUE." Does anyone know if it really is combining both of these values into the same variable? Or is it possible each one is being mapped to physical and special damage? I'm also assuming it is grabbing the flat value.

I'm just trying to figure out whether adding more defense or more damage is better for stats.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Formula for getting defense:
    https://gaming-fans.com/2017/12/13/swgoh-advanced-armor-function-defense/

So an unmodded r9 Malgus will get the following:

Defense value: 1223.27
    400% damage increase: 4893.08 (physical and special damage)
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Formula for getting defense:
    https://gaming-fans.com/2017/12/13/swgoh-advanced-armor-function-defense/

So an unmodded r9 Malgus will get the following:

Defense value: 1223.27
    400% damage increase: 4893.08 (physical and special damage)

Yeah, I can do that, but it's not what I asked.

Is it actually plopping both armor and resistance into the sane variable to use?
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    At any rate, looking more closely at the stats offered by the datacron, it seems like armor/resistance ones are better rolls than damage just based on the percents offered. If I can get a minimum of 75% armor for example, that's at LEAST an increase of a few hundred points of flat armor, which translates into thousands of points of offense. If the offense values are only offering 10-20% increases, then even with 8,000 offense, you would get only an 800-1600 point increase.

I think the question does come down to whether the types of defense get mapped to the type of offense. I suppose I could just reroll and see what's offered.