Nobody is talking about NS Initiate soloing GLs?

Fergjeezy357
172 posts Member
edited August 2022
I'm surprised this hasn't popped up yet.

See for yourself 🥴

https://youtu.be/jk1Z26Rj4cI
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• StarSon
    7494 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Well, first of all, she's not really solo'ing. Second of all, like 200 people have her at r7.

Edit: Sorry, 366 players have NI at r7 or above.
  • crzydroid
    7366 posts Moderator
    Options
    Clearly Ahnald is talking about it.

Who really cares though. If people have an r7 Initiate, and then roll this l9 datacron, let them do something fun for a three months before they go back to having a useless r7 again. A riposte datacron would shut this down, as not only does it ignore the protection up, but she can't even counter if not at full health.

Heck, probably a Nute lead team with Dooku, GBA, and soldier might be able to shut this down. Dooku stealths everyone but the tank, so now she's not assisting anyway, and call a few assists from Dooku and it's over. So this is an offense only datacron.
  • Options
    I like watching Ahnald's streams, but I don't watch his videos anymore. 90% of them are clickbait. Which is a shame as I like his take on things when he's positive.
  • Ultra
    11554 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like watching Ahnald's streams, but I don't watch his videos anymore. 90% of them are clickbait. Which is a shame as I like his take on things when he's positive.

I enjoy his videos

I don't think he clickbaits as much as people claim he does

The only time he clickbaits is when its painfully obvious he's joking

NI is kinda solo-ing 5 members of the other team on her own but she needs two units for prep at level 85, g1 tho which i dont think makes his words any clickbaity
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I enjoy his videos

NI is kinda solo-ing 5 members of the other team on her own but she needs two units for prep at level 85, g1 tho which i dont think makes his words any clickbaity

disagree, solo means one toon
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I enjoy his videos

Well I'm not 'not a fan'. I was a fan, but I have become fed up with things. Up until fairly recently I watched everything of his.

One of his little tricks is that the thumb nail you can't see the whole title. Something like:

'Lobot king of the robots!'

really is:

'Lobot King of the robots! Could this really work?'

The holonet news stuff and his take on new things or through the leaks page. I'll watch those, nothing else though.
  • crzydroid
    7366 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's clickbait per se so much as stirring the pot.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I enjoy his videos

I mean he does clickbait but I don't really mind cause kit reveals and others like road ahead he still does without clickbaiting and he has a pretty funny personality and good takes most of the time. But comparing to videos in 2015, when I first started watching him, yeah it's pretty evident that he clickbaits much more often but maybe its just the different landscape of youtube in 2022 and 2015.
  • StarSon
    7494 posts Member
    Options

I enjoy his videos

NI has to be at least r7 and Wat/88 r5 otherwise the datacron doesn’t work. Though I don’t think this video counts as clickbait
  • Jedi_Wedge
    47 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Does this mean that the Secrets and Shadows event challenge tier 2 can now be 3-starred?
  • Options
    I prefer a datacron that allows a relic’d subpar team to smash a GL over a datacron that turns a GL into a concrete wall.
  • Options
    This is the fundamental problem with datacrons. This was clearly done on purpose as a means to make high-end players feel like they now need to gear up a useless character simply because she's not useless for a few months. Spend the money on datacrons and spend the gear mats to make her temporarily useful and then it all goes away.

Personally, I think its predatory and harms to health of the game but what do I know.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Planking wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I enjoy his videos

I mean he does clickbait but I don't really mind cause kit reveals and others like road ahead he still does without clickbaiting and he has a pretty funny personality and good takes most of the time. But comparing to videos in 2015, when I first started watching him, yeah it's pretty evident that he clickbaits much more often but maybe its just the different landscape of youtube in 2022 and 2015.

Dunno why you quoted me I commented on none of that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Jedi_Wedge wrote: »
    Does this mean that the Secrets and Shadows event challenge tier 2 can now be 3-starred?

Sadly no. Datacrons are not active in ABs.
  • Options

a bummer then
  • StarSon
    7494 posts Member
    Options

a bummer then

Also, even if it did, the only reason the datacron works is because of the Wat tech, so it still wouldn't matter.
  • crzydroid
    7366 posts Moderator
    Options
    But you can still 3* it with an r9 Daka!
  • TekkarEdorf
    670 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

a bummer then

Also, even if it did, the only reason the datacron works is because of the Wat tech, so it still wouldn't matter.

500% protection she might even make it out of there alive in wave 4.
  • StarSon
    7494 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

a bummer then

500% protection she might even make it out of there alive in wave 4.

At 500% protection up she's not making it TO wave 4.