Royal Guard Teams

Gail_the_Snail1
9 posts Member
edited April 2016
Is it just me or does anyone else absolutely LOATHE when you see a team with Royal Guard? I run with a Top 10 team and am always in a battle for the #1 rank. I currently run a pretty standard team. QGJ (leader), Yoda, Luminara, Savage Opress and Dooku. I always seem to struggle against the teams that run some combo of GS, Royal Guard and Rey. I get slaughtered by Rey and GS while trying to whittle down RG's tanky health. Am I the only who feels this way or struggles against it?

Replies

• Options
    Teams with RG/Rey/GS.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Crap my post got cut short

Teams that can one shot a dps before RGs taunt then take down RG with 3 turns or so are the ones that beat me. Brute force
  • Options
    Crap my post got cut short

Teams that can one shot a dps before RGs taunt then take down RG with 3 turns or so are the ones that beat me. Brute force

Click the little gear icon and you can edit your post!
  • Options
    I mean other than just using the exact same team.
  • scuba
    14081 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj works great against them. Humbling blow removes the taunt and he won't taunt again till another charater drops below 50%

Get heavy hitter below 50, clear the taunt then back to heavy hitter
  • Options
    I mean other than just using the exact same team.

Sorry half my post didnt show up. Just the smart alleck comment.

• Options
    Yup...it is a pain to get past him to kill the dps toons sometimes. His stun is annoying too. That's why I run him :)
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Qgj works great against them. Humbling blow removes the taunt and he won't taunt again till another charater drops below 50%

Get heavy hitter below 50, clear the taunt then back to heavy hitter
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Yup...it is a pain to get past him to kill the dps toons sometimes. His stun is annoying too. That's why I run him :)

Ya I am 20 shards away to getting him to 7* and I have no shame in using him considering how many times I have been smashed by teams running him!
  • scuba
    14081 posts Member
    Options
    Good deal. I run RG and Qgj is always taking his taunt away.
    There is no shame in running do what wins if you are having fun.
  • Options
    RG has one of the best costumes from SW, to boot
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Good deal. I run RG and Qgj is always taking his taunt away.
    There is no shame in running do what wins if you are having fun.

Yeah its been weird lately my QGJs humbling blow only takes the taunt away about 70% of the time. If he doesn't take the taunt away then I am screwed lol
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Rg made winning on offense easy. He's not bad on defense either.
  • Options
    Usually should be able to kill rey before his taunt goes off.

But if ya just can't then dont try.

Just focus on rg with the dps and throw stuns toward the other guys.

Most of these teams dont have any aoe so they rely on the ai actually hitting the same person twice and have less overall dps than team with no tank...so adding an extra healer works pretty good against these guys to clean up they ais random single target damage...and just go longgame against these guys.

With you team shouldnt yoda into qgj kill a rey before she goes and before triggering taunt? Maybe just use yodas basic on rey then finish with qgj? Sometimes a lucky? critical on the setup hit can trigger the taunt and we dont want that..

If not just focus the rg first and throw stun with dooku at whichever jedi hasnt gone yet or is next up to go. should get ya a decent start..
  • Options
    Qgj is good but qgj lead is bad imo. The idea is to one shot kill so sid lead or poggle on team let's you aim directly at rey
    Tekken 7
  • Awakened1130
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try and kill the enemy toon with the least amount of HP first (I usually go for Yoda if he's there) - hopefully you can bring him down before the RG taunt - then it's a 5 vs 4 match.

If RG taunts before you can bring the first toon down try and erase the taunt with QGJ's Humbling Blow - then finish off that damaged character. RG will not taunt again if you finish off the same character because they would have already been below 50% HP.

At this point you will have to focus down on RG with the best DPS you have. Hopefully you can use Savage's special to finish him off - but you really might want to think about changing your lineup - maybe someone who can stun Rey (if her Turn Meter is close to full) or a better DPS.

Also try switching Dooku to lead. Start off with him trying to stun Yoda (or maybe another Jedi). Then it will be your QGJ's turn - you can either use Harmonious to try and finish off the Jedi - or Humbling if RG taunted already. Also Dooku could keep you going a little longer with his Evasion Leader Ability (I know - everyone uses him now).

Good luck!
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I run an rg team too but mine is only 3 starts so he gets knocked down pretty easy against maxed out teams, at least i can make it to top ten though
  • Options
    You need a heavy hitter to one 1 shot before the taunt, try and take out Rey first

With your team, hit her lightly with Yoda so tm you don't trigger the taunt and hopefully QGJ with the assist takes out Rey

Than work on RG and remove the taunt with QGJ, his Geo might take out 1 of your guys, but you need to get rid of Rey first IMO
  • Options
    Or Dooku stun to Rey and QGJ assist to finish her, forgot you had Dooku also

You have options with your speed, but Rey is top priority
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    They are frustrating but can be manipulated to your advantage as well.
    One example I did today: Yoda does Unstoppable Force on enemy Jinn. RG taunts. My Jinn dispels, giving my team Offense Up. Match over in two moves.
    Of course it doesn't always work and the blasted Dooku leads are quite frustrating. But RG can be worked around. If you have really good hitters you can also just kill him outright -- I've seen my RG go down to 15k IG-86 crits...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • MoBlaq
    583 posts Member
    Options
    I will add GS doesn't become a true hero until he gets Offense Up. So if that Dooku stun transfers to GS and he evades, you will lose a character...But most characters can take his bazooka unless FOTP or Rey gets the assist.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Some guys put in Windu just to dispel RG's taunts.
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Some guys put in Windu just to dispel RG's taunts.

Seen Ventress in for presumably the same thing.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    QGJ humbling blow usually does the trick for me too. Only missed once or twice even against Dooku lead teams. Offence up and fight is over in 30 seconds
  • Naso
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if you lucky, u can try to knock RG first and then bomb rey to all u got. Very much luck. If you have Yoda, hit rey one time with basic and then use QGJ to assist bomb to eliminate rey for good, if daka involved, same tactic for him exept if you have lumi to block rey specials and then kill ray as soon as possible.
    line id: naso_fin
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ventriss (l), Dooku, QGJ, Old Daka, Royal Guard is the team I use most often. Lots of control ie stuns and two dispells. Fun to play. AI plays ventriss poorly tho.