Replies

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I'm just posting again because I just fought the Never-ending Battle against Super Tarkin, who must have been wielding the Infinity Gauntlet due to his mastery of time allowing him to take infinite turns against me until the battle timed out. I guess thats what we get from Disney/Marvel/Star Wars

Have you tried not letting Tarkin take a turn?

I'm not looking for strategy on how to overcome a game-breaking bug/glitch/un-intended consequence of developers not adequately testing their work prior to release. Its not something that needs to be overcome by players, its a mistake that needs to be corrected by the developers. At least for future release of this DC set, and perhaps thought should be given to future potential bugs caused by "unforeseen" DC interactions before they are released.

Oh, so you knew what would happen, and then went in with a team you knew wouldn't work, just so you could come here and complain about something that everyone knew would happen?

Yes. I don't understand how you're defending an obvious bug in the game. What's your position here? You don't think it should be fixed? What about the next DC set that does the same thing, so there's two in rotation? and the next and the next?

I disagree it's an obvious bug. It does exactly what they told it to do and everyone knew it would do that as soon as they read it. It's why everyone tried to get it. And I don't really care about it at all. I have 1, will try to get another. *shrug*

"As a general rule, when we discover an infinite loop that allows players to trivialize end game content, we try to act as swiftly as possible." CG TopHat. From my perspective, this DC set has the potential to cause an infinite loop which trivializes end-game content, such as matches in GAC and TW. According to CG, they "try to act as swiftly as possible" to fix these instances. However, they have not even responded here to say either: (i) yes, this was unintended, and it will be fixed going forward; or (ii) no, this was intended and is working as intended. As for you claiming not to "really care about it at all", that statement seems to be belied by the fact that you continue to post in this discussion about the situation. If you "don't really care", stop responding to my posts on this topic.
  • Options
    While they haven't addressed this specific instance of an infinite loop, they did say in one of their earlier DC announcements that if something lead to stupid OP combos or whatnot, they'd just wait it out since DCs are temporary.

We'll never know whether or not CG saw this coming. But we do know they have said that they wouldn't really care if such a situation arose. That is, perhaps, why they don't want DCs to be useable in PvE content :(
  • Options
    I'm just posting again because I just fought the Never-ending Battle against Super Tarkin, who must have been wielding the Infinity Gauntlet due to his mastery of time allowing him to take infinite turns against me until the battle timed out. I guess thats what we get from Disney/Marvel/Star Wars

I'm not looking for strategy on how to overcome a game-breaking bug/glitch/un-intended consequence of developers not adequately testing their work prior to release. Its not something that needs to be overcome by players, its a mistake that needs to be corrected by the developers. At least for future release of this DC set, and perhaps thought should be given to future potential bugs caused by "unforeseen" DC interactions before they are released.

Oh, so you knew what would happen, and then went in with a team you knew wouldn't work, just so you could come here and complain about something that everyone knew would happen?

Yes. I don't understand how you're defending an obvious bug in the game. What's your position here? You don't think it should be fixed? What about the next DC set that does the same thing, so there's two in rotation? and the next and the next?

I disagree it's an obvious bug. It does exactly what they told it to do and everyone knew it would do that as soon as they read it. It's why everyone tried to get it. And I don't really care about it at all. I have 1, will try to get another. *shrug*

"As a general rule, when we discover an infinite loop that allows players to trivialize end game content, we try to act as swiftly as possible." CG TopHat. From my perspective, this DC set has the potential to cause an infinite loop which trivializes end-game content, such as matches in GAC and TW. According to CG, they "try to act as swiftly as possible" to fix these instances. However, they have not even responded here to say either: (i) yes, this was unintended, and it will be fixed going forward; or (ii) no, this was intended and is working as intended. As for you claiming not to "really care about it at all", that statement seems to be belied by the fact that you continue to post in this discussion about the situation. If you "don't really care", stop responding to my posts on this topic.

Since that statement CG has said they have no intentions of changing OP datacrons. New statement trumps old statement. Plus it's completely different anyway, but we already covered that.

And I don't care about the datacron interaction. I will continue to respond as long as you continue to do ridiculous things for the sole purpose of having a reason to complain about them on here.
  • Options

Since that statement CG has said they have no intentions of changing OP datacrons. New statement trumps old statement. Plus it's completely different anyway, but we already covered that.

And I don't care about the datacron interaction. I will continue to respond as long as you continue to do ridiculous things for the sole purpose of having a reason to complain about them on here.

When did CG say they have no intention of changing OP datacrons? I don't recall seeing that. If anything, they have compounded the situation by making DC sets active for a longer period of time
  • Options

When did CG say they have no intention of changing OP datacrons? I don't recall seeing that. If anything, they have compounded the situation by making DC sets active for a longer period of time

Crumb in a itv. Something like: ‘If a datacron is unbalanced, 3 months later it’s gone.’ But it was 3 months at this time, granted.
  • Options
    3. This is the first one that has been just ridiculously OP, so why do you think they'll all be this way?

The first set had an OP cron. Stun on using an ability. I never won against that one.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.