Big DC Economy mistake!

Bruellhusten123
34 posts Member
edited September 2022
Just wanted to drop a quick note that Datacache drop rates are insanely low.
You can only acquire Datacaches from sector 1 and 2.
Sector one only drops 50-150k (80% 50k)
Sector two is dropping even less: 37,5-90k

How is that a problem?
A lvl 9 DC costs none less than 7.9 million Datacaches. That means you have to hit chapter 1 around 140-150 times to get the datacaches needed to level a single Datacron to 9.

Thats obviously a giant discrepancy!

Keep in mind that you still need to farm the level mats.

Edit: In case the relevancy gets lost: A chapter this bad (evasion) already caused another small wave of players quitting. If you now completely break the economy. What is keeping players playing?

Replies

• Options
    What is keeping players playing? Ignoring datacrons TBH. Cubs fan Han won't even level them up/use them. I'll use the ones I get while grinding for conquest feats but I'll personally never spend a single crystal or dollar on them. I can live the rest of the game and hate datacrons.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    hmmmmmmm

i think its time for some drop rate tracking to be done
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    What is keeping players playing? Ignoring datacrons TBH. Cubs fan Han won't even level them up/use them. I'll use the ones I get while grinding for conquest feats but I'll personally never spend a single crystal or dollar on them. I can live the rest of the game and hate datacrons.

They are an absolute nightmare. Horrible idea that needs to get axed. Player base overall hates them. I don’t care what anyone on this forum says, it’s clear where everyone can actually start their opinions in a more fair and free way. They are hated by a wide margin.
  • Options
    Datacron currency - data cache is the real bottleneck too. Just to level to 9 is going to be costly without currency flowing in . Add in re rolls and you’re looking at even higher cost per dc9
  • Options

Agreed!!

The only time i've really interacted with them is if my opponent in GAC has them.
  • Options
    Thought I saw something where level 1 being only currency was on purpose. they made changes to the drops from special nodes on each level, because we didn't hate datacrons enough as it is.

Seriously, I don't know what decision maker at CG is being so hard-headed that they don't realize how much datacrons suck and are causing strife with the community. Let go of your ego and cut this crap off. You're just making this worse and it isn't going to get better, especially when you are going to introduce the dodge meta on crystal **** for FOUR MONTHS.

It would've been fine if a datacron at level 1 was like 5% CD and 100% at level 9. Some decision maker there is out of control and needs to step back and do an ego check before this is too far gone and you've burned too many bridges.
  • Options
    We should wait with the ranting for tomorrow, to see, how many mats we will get from the first set of datas! Im guessing it will not be much 😅 but still wait till we get them.
  • Options
    This isn't a surprise, the "changes to DCs" post by @CG_Tusken_Meathead indicated that they were going to be reducing the number of DCs that players got...the surprise is that CG couldn't count/understand and thus didn't realize that reducing the available sets from 3 to 2 means that you need 50% MORE DCs to have the same number of functional ones rather than whatever percentage LESS that they have implemented by reducing them to only drop on 1 node and at whatever rate that node uses, well, not a "surprise" as such, but still a big mistake.
    The changes to the DataCron sets, economy, use, etc. could all have been gotten right with relatively minor alterations to the planned/implemented changes that CG made, simply by ensuring that the knock-on effect of each change was accounted for:
    1) Reduce the number of sets of DCs that are live because there's too much going on and people get confused or overloaded? OK, but then you need to increase DC drop rates per set by roughly 50% so that each of the 2 Live sets can cover the same number of "overall" usable DCs in a player's inventory whilst reducing the confusion and 'too much info' scenario by taking it down to 2 sets of stuff going on instead of 3
    2) Too many players sitting with Level-0 DCs in their inventory due to (presumed) lack of engagement? OK, make a minor change to the 'Dismantle' currency awarded so that it doesn't take dismantling EIGHT Level-0 to fund ONE Level-2, change it to 10 Mk.1 and some Mk.2 upon Dismantle so that it only takes 4 Level-0 to fund 1 Level-2, and then dismantling the next 5 making 9 in total gives you enough to take a Level-0 up to a "useful" Level-3 - If dismantling results in being able to upgrade another one to a 'useful' level it'll increase engagement, and reducing the number needed to get something useful will as well.

It's not rocket science, but it does require looking at the information/feedback/changes "as a whole" not as individual disconnected scenarios
  • Options
    I think it’s great we have less. Less of this trash is better. None is the best but few DCs littering the GAC and TW fields the better.