When do you stop investing in a team

When do you stop investing in a team?
Or is it depending on what squat?

Exemple. I am currently working on relic my gas team.
Was planen to R7 gas, rex and fives. And R5 on Echo and arc.

Should I bring the entire team to R7 or is it an over investment.

I am going to start going for my first gl after gas, but I want to finish my gas team first.

Replies

• ConnorMcLurk
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I would recommend taking GAS and Arc to R8, Echo and 5s to R7 and Rex to R5.

GAS, Echo and Arc are prerequisite for Lord Vader on the above relic levels and a good 501st is never a bad thing.

On 5s every reliclvl helps the entire team due to sacrifice and you do want your Rex to be fast but not too durable so he can trigger 5s sacrifice.
  • Options

GAS, Echo and Arc are prerequisite for Lord Vader on the above relic levels and a good 501st is never a bad thing.

On 5s every reliclvl helps the entire team due to sacrifice and you do want your Rex to be fast but not too durable so he can trigger 5s sacrifice.

Makes scense. But I am not going for lv anytime soon and my guild is not really earning that R8 mats.
    I know I can always save up my crystals for the R8 mats but is it worth it if I am not going for lv?

Isnt it better to leave them at R7, and when I am going for lv just take them the next step?
    Or is R8 a True game changer? Arena is not that importent anymore. So a more diverse rooster for gac seams better?
  • Options
    Relic 5 so I can use datacrons lv6, and whoever the lvl9 is r7. XD darn datacrons
  • Options
    It used to be squad and character class dependent. For example, tanks and attackers usually need higher relics to dish out or take hits. Support units are fine with lower relics or even g11/12.

Fleets benefit from relics, so if a character is a crew member, worth considering to put more relics on them than necessary. But again, not all ships are important to be reliced. Same principle. Attacker and tanks more than support.

Exceptions are GL requirements, you have to take specific characters to certain relics even if they don't deserve it. Gas needs to be relic 8 for LV. No way around it.

Nowadays, with the intro of Datacrons, you have to level the entire squad to relic 3 or 5 respectively, if you want to enjoy the bonuses.
  • Options

Makes scense. But I am not going for lv anytime soon and my guild is not really earning that R8 mats.
    I know I can always save up my crystals for the R8 mats but is it worth it if I am not going for lv?

Isnt it better to leave them at R7, and when I am going for lv just take them the next step?
    Or is R8 a True game changer? Arena is not that importent anymore. So a more diverse rooster for gac seams better?

If you are not going for LV anytime soon, just stop at R7.
  • Options
    It definitely depends on the team. If it’s a team you are using to get something else (ewoks for 3PO or Phoenix for Thrawn) that don’t have much use later on, then only take them as far as you need just to accomplish the task.

But if they are a team that can be used for CPit, and GAS definitely fits there, then R5 across the board is a good place to bring them. From there, you can re-evaluate again. Shaak Ti is probably worth taking to R5 too if you’re doing 501st. She gives a lot of flexibility either as lead in that team or as a plug-and-play jedi or GR that works in many different setups.

If they are a team that you’ll be using in the arena or as a primary GAC squad, then you’ll probably want them relic’d as well, but how far really depends on the individual toons within the team
  • Options
    Minimum R5 for all characters for me.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

I would not recommend this to the OP who has no GL yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I would not recommend this to the OP who has no GL yet.

That wasn’t the question.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    The OP wasn't asking about their own situation?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When do you stop investing in a team?

When I'm able to beat the teams I use them against. Trials and errors are your best friends in this matter.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    If you have access to KAM Mission i would recommend everyone at R7 and Arc and Fives on R8. Just made it to have at least a 70% success on getting the shard.
    For LV it is also necessary.

But nevertheless for a good GAS Team u want GAS and Arc on R8 for sure - this is a true game changer.

What GL do you want? What is your alle Code? What is your daily crystal income? What is your guild like? Is crancor an Option?

Many questions - u can really say when to stop because if u can: bring everyone to R9. But i think this wont be an Option in near future ;)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The OP wasn't asking about their own situation?

“When do you stop investing in a team?” was the question asked. ;)
  • Options
    My current rule of thumb is to work on one team until all characters are R5 since that’s where relics kick in. If I need someone to be 7 (or higher) for something—GL requirements, Executor/Profundity, etc—I continue with them but otherwise get to 5.

Since relic characters don’t need gear, while I’m working on those I will have another team that is g12 and work on them until they’re R1, then pause until they can be brought up to R5.

Since g12 doesn’t need most regular gear, I also have a team going UP TO g12 at all times, then pause once they hit g12.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    You stop when it does what you need it to do
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    What GL do you want? What is your alle Code? What is your daily crystal income? What is your guild like? Is crancor an Option?

Ally Code 567-283-222.

I am close to Jmk, but it took me awhile to get in a good/decent guild so I am behandling on ghe wat shards (97/330). Getting about 15-18 shards each time the event is done I am looking for over one year. So I was thinking going for slkr meanwhile.
    Daily crystal income would be ~500 crystal daily.
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    If you have access to KAM Mission i would recommend everyone at R7 and Arc and Fives on R8. Just made it to have at least a 70% success on getting the shard.
    For LV it is also necessary.

But nevertheless for a good GAS Team u want GAS and Arc on R8 for sure - this is a true game changer.

If I was to bring gas and Arc to R8, would it make sence to go Straight for lv rather then slkr? If I already got half the R8 requirements. Getting Padme to R8 is't bad eigther sence I already use a good padme team.

Also got nute and dooku at g12, so make my seperatist to R7 - R8 is't a bad investment eigther.

Got a few conquest Credits so I can acually start farming for maul aswell.

It is a much longer way for a gl tho.
  • Options
    when the datacron expires; thanks cg love the new content :neutral:
  • Options
    Easy answer is when they do what you need them to, if you need to take down Rey with GAS then higher relics are needed.