2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36717 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I've been rooting for this guy for the last day.
    You do know he was charging people right? You do know he was only giving stuff to people paying him, not any player, right?

Absolutely... and charging them fair prices.

What prices were being charged?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    All the people calling this guy "Robin Hood" need to revisit that story. Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor; he didn't work for the rich and deal under the table to make himself more rich.

Further, CG isn't taxing people out of their livelihoods under threat of imprisonment. You don't have to like CG's prices. You also don't have to pay them. Everyone who's bought something in this game have done so of their own choice. Believe it or not, it's possible to play this game for free.

Most tellings of that story imply or outright say he was of noble birth. This guy is making a pittance working for these companies. He's probably earned a few months rent. Let's not twist things.

When you are the only game in town for a franchise such as Star Wars with a rabid fan base and you use tactics intended to exploit that and some people's impulses, I'd wholeheartedly disagree that they aren't doing anything wrong.

I prefer John Cleese's Robin Hood in Time Bandits.

• Options
    Now CG should name and shame. They all knew it was dodgy af when they bought these crystals.
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    805 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    All the people calling this guy "Robin Hood" need to revisit that story. Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor; he didn't work for the rich and deal under the table to make himself more rich.

Further, CG isn't taxing people out of their livelihoods under threat of imprisonment. You don't have to like CG's prices. You also don't have to pay them. Everyone who's bought something in this game have done so of their own choice. Believe it or not, it's possible to play this game for free.

Most tellings of that story imply or outright say he was of noble birth. This guy is making a pittance working for these companies. He's probably earned a few months rent. Let's not twist things.

When you are the only game in town for a franchise such as Star Wars with a rabid fan base and you use tactics intended to exploit that and some people's impulses, I'd wholeheartedly disagree that they aren't doing anything wrong.

But it's not "the only game in town"(A) for Star Wars. The best you can say is it's the only "turn-based combat RPG/collector game in town"(B) for Star Wars. Saying A when it's really B in order to make your narrative more legitimate would be twisting things.
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not worth it
    Post edited by JibberJabber on
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why would players have to face disciplinary actions from purchasing goods and services from an entrepreneur working for Capital Games?

Just because their employee went rouge, you can't punish players that took advantage of these services offered, as they were gainfully employed by capitol games when the transactions took place?

They sold intangible goods at a discounted rate, so capitol games did not lose any actual physical inventory/money.
    Of course you can punish them

They know what they were doing is wrong, and they still tried to do it
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not worth it
  • Options

It’s good they posted something, but that statement reads to me as if they don’t have methods of finding the accounts that benefited and are relying on player base reports.

Feels a lot like how they handle cheating.

A. Makes me wonder how many folks are sitting on free or cheap crystals.

And B. Based on the second half, how long this person can continue to sell crystals and destroy the crystal market.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options

That's actually guilt by association, they may have just been shopping for the best deals available offered by CG, as a current CG employee was making these offers.

Nope

and your “lawyer” act doesn’t make you sound any smarter

Anyone who contacted him knew him as a “hacker” that’s how he gained popularity

if you spoke to him, he would outright admit he’s cheating the system and doing something that he shouldn’t be and that you can get banned for it but he was giving assurance that he can hide his trail

he was an EA employee not CG

CG didn’t offer the deals

this is like saying buying black market organs shouldn’t be punishable it’s just someone shopping for best deals available from a pharmacy lmao
  • Options
    The bottom line is, he's messing with the Mouse's money. It doesn't matter if you think you can hide, the Mouse will find you and put a hurtin' on you. I'm feeling like this was an "I don't care anymore" situation by the employee.

No L337 skills, just using a tool he had access to and abused it. Tomorrow no one will remember his name...
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not worth it
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options

Nope

Is there a reason you felt the need to personally attack me with your response?
    Im not attacking you personally

You are using semantics (hence “lawyering”) to justify black market crystal purchases

nice attempt at changing the subject once your argument broke apart :wink:
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Not worth it
  • Options
    I see CG are saying they've identified 50-ish accounts and are banning them, but no mention of the length of ban @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I'm hearing that these cheaters have only been handed bans of like 1-2 days, is this true?! If so it's ridiculous!
  • Options
    CG taking lightning fast actions to this, not as example to answer why some users got crystals and others get nothing by the critical bug related to mods dissapearing....
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    CG taking lightning fast actions to this, not as example to answer why some users got crystals and others get nothing by the critical bug related to mods dissapearing....

Yup, good old CG, never disappointing
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

You already Know the Kotor saga it's on phones, right? Maybe you forgot them because those are full games with 1 time payment and no macrotransactions included.
  • MrRandyWatson
    262 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

That's actually guilt by association, they may have just been shopping for the best deals available offered by CG, as a current CG employee was making these offers.

Nope

if you spoke to him, he would outright admit he’s cheating the system and doing something that he shouldn’t be and that you can get banned for it but he was giving assurance that he can hide his trail

this is like saying buying black market organs shouldn’t be punishable it’s just someone shopping for best deals available from a pharmacy lmao

You nailed it.
    This whole thing would be different if random players were getting notices offering them once in an account crystal deals by a person showing they're an EA employee but that's not what happened (as I understand it). These people sought him out for sole purpose of cheating the system. They deserve to be banned.
    Post edited by MrRandyWatson on
  • Options
    On the bans it appears from what I've seen/heard that CG have been pretty measured with them. These have not been handed to people who contacted the hacker, received a "free introduction quantity of crystals" and not claimed them. They also don't appear to have been handed out to people who claimed but didn't use the crystals (they seem to have had them removed from their accounts). There are screenshot-supported accounts of both situations where people haven't been banned.

From this I would assume that they have only been handed to people who have spent up large amounts of ill-gotten crystals in-game and where they don't have other paths to resolution.

I'm not going to give CG credit for a lot of things but this seems to have been handled reasonably well.
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    I see CG are saying they've identified 50-ish accounts and are banning them, but no mention of the length of ban @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I'm hearing that these cheaters have only been handed bans of like 1-2 days, is this true?! If so it's ridiculous!

This is not like cheating on GAC. This is a direct and potentialy huge loss of money for CG/EA (if not adressed appropriately), so they won't be giving just a slap on their hands, not at least for people who already used them and have no way of taking them back.

• Options

Nope

"But it's not my fault the kidney was stolen. It's the doctor's fault because they're expensive."
  • Options
    I hope the buyers get permanent bans, and not slaps on the wrist because they are spenders.
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I hope the buyers get permanent bans, and not slaps on the wrist because they are spenders.

"Yeah well that's your opinion man.."

That said, if they were/are bored whales they will get a fruit basket. The "We need your help finding them" nonsense is proof they are not going out of their way and how antiquated this game platform is.
  • Options

Nope

Is there a reason you felt the need to personally attack me with your response?
    Im not attacking you personally

You are using semantics (hence “lawyering”) to justify black market crystal purchases

nice attempt at changing the subject once your argument broke apart :wink:

You are just a rare gem. Truly unique.