How does fleet arena work?

I am curious how the ranking system in fleet arena work.

I'm at 2,2 m gp and I end up in the top 3-9 with a 6* nego fleet. I usually win all the mirror matches vs Faster nego fleets (rng depending) and melo fleets. I stand NO chance vs the executors.

But I am I this high? Does to fleet arena scale on your grand arena ranking tier or idols People just ignorera the fleet arena?

Replies

• Options
    In fleet arena, just like in squad arena, you land in a server (we all call it 'shard') based on when you started the game. So you're in a shard of like 10000 people that all started the game roughly at the same time. This ensures that everyone you are competing against has had the same time to build their rosters, for fairness' sake. You don't have to be afraid of being in an arena where others have started multiple years ahead of you. That won't happen. You are stuck with your shard though, so if you take a break for a year or so, then everyone will be a year ahead of you after you decide to come back. Obviously money spent matters too, as heavy spenders will usually be able to progress much faster than light spenders or f2p, so they can have the better teams faster than everyone else. So basically, you will only be competing with those ~10k people in your shard and that's it. It's completely random what kind of shard/people you get allocated with. Some people land in super competitive shards, some land in very quiet shards, some land in friendly shards, some land in toxic shards... So if you're barely falling, maybe you have a quiet shard, or maybe the others just aren't strong enough to push you back :)
  • Options
    1) Fleet arena shards are smaller than squad arena shards. 1,000 players vs 10,000 if I recall correctly.

2) Players generally seem to put less effort in to fleet.

3) As shards age the percentage of players who are still active gets smaller.
  • Options
    In fleet arena, just like in squad arena, you land in a server (we all call it 'shard') based on when you started the game. So you're in a shard of like 10000 people that all started the game roughly at the same time. This ensures that everyone you are competing against has had the same time to build their rosters, for fairness' sake. You don't have to be afraid of being in an arena where others have started multiple years ahead of you. That won't happen. You are stuck with your shard though, so if you take a break for a year or so, then everyone will be a year ahead of you after you decide to come back. Obviously money spent matters too, as heavy spenders will usually be able to progress much faster than light spenders or f2p, so they can have the better teams faster than everyone else. So basically, you will only be competing with those ~10k people in your shard and that's it. It's completely random what kind of shard/people you get allocated with. Some people land in super competitive shards, some land in very quiet shards, some land in friendly shards, some land in toxic shards... So if you're barely falling, maybe you have a quiet shard, or maybe the others just aren't strong enough to push you back :)

Wow, sometimes there is this Guy that just explains it so good you don't even have any followup questions. :)
    Thanks alot!
  • Options

Wow, sometimes there is this Guy that just explains it so good you don't even have any followup questions. :)
    Thanks alot!

Yeah some people don't understand how the forums work, they "should have" insulted you, EA & CG then told you to "git gud" and then complained about something else/datacrons, LOL

big props to Disruptor92 for breaking from the norm