Title update relic economy

Will the Sept title update include the relic update from July's SotG?

RELIC UPDATE
With the continued growth of the Relic system over the last few years, some lower-tier Relic materials have become scarcer than intended. As a result, high-requirement chases (R7+) are sometimes preventing Players from working on other squads or goals. To address this, Carbonite Circuit Boards and Bronzium Wiring will be removed from Relic 8 and Relic 9 recipes. This frees those Relic Materials to be used on newer and/or in-development squads.

Replies

• Options
    There's a very low chance of that happening.
  • Options
    Since they announced the changes to the mod inventory/slicing in July's SotG, they should (hopefully) be releasing that change as well. Honestly, all r8-r9 upgrades that have taken place since that announcement should have those mats refunded as well, but I guess fat chance of that happening.

It'd be real sucky for them to not release it tomorrow though, but I keep my expectations with CG low due to past experiences....
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

I've already got the update, and as i stated, chances was low.
    So, no, there's nothing applied to these, hope that helps you.
  • Options
    I think they are waiting until more people have their Raddus at R9 first. That thought process is on par how CG has treated playerbase.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    PumaK wrote: »

Some title update features do not go live until the forced update the next day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, and a recipe like that is likely to be in the content update not the title update. Not that I expect to see it tomorrow either, but if we do ever get it, it would be with the data push not the store update.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, and a recipe like that is likely to be in the content update not the title update. Not that I expect to see it tomorrow either, but if we do ever get it, it would be with the data push not the store update.

What a sad state of affairs when we have to question if and when we are going to actually get in game….. looking at you phase 1….happy birthday day BTW.
  • Options
    *Laughs in Huttese* you actually expected them to follow through ?
  • Options
    So far it doesn't look like they have made the change that they announced 2 months ago...
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    So far it doesn't look like they have made the change that they announced 2 months ago...

This is becoming a pattern: Announce QoL stuff to help with the gear crunch and then don't implement the QoL stuff to help with the gear crunch...
  • Options
    As stated answer is no, it was not included. @CG_Tusken_Meathead , @CG_SBCrumb any updates on timeline for this? Many were hoping before Jabba and Profundity…
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’ll be here when it’s ready to be here
  • Options
    So since the issue is readiness, will they refund any r8 and r9 upgrade mats given since the announcement since it's taking longer than planned? Or why aren't they explaining why they haven't released a seemingly minor update to the game, we are talking about turning values from 20 or 30 to 0 in the code after all. Will it happen before profundity comes back in a couple of weeks? These are valid questions and shouldn't be brushed off.
  • telboy007
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Why would they do that? You've chosen to upgrade to R8 or R9 before the relic update has hit the game.
  • Options
    Why would they even bother announcing it 2 months ago if they aren't planning on implementing it at the next title update? Just to try and get some good reputation points?
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Why would they even bother announcing it 2 months ago if they aren't planning on implementing it at the next title update? Just to try and get some good reputation points?

Well, yes. The rest of the phase 1 gear economy changes are a year old now. CG are gonna CG.
  • Options
    So I just reread the SOTG from July 19th again and I realized that the Relic QOL changes were not given a date or update of when they would come. So I’m guessing this is either never coming or it will be way down the road. So CG, can you just not say you are going to do something and then not do it? I know that is a lot to ask, but can you try? Thanks!
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Agreed…a lot of programming involved.
  • Options
    is it so difficult to set the costs to 0 ???
    if that is such a problem to delete the costs from that tiers set it to 1
  • Options
    They probably got the data from Profundity panic farm and decided that it would cost them too much.
  • Options
    There is a bug (?) in GA… you do not see the number of attacks/attempts opponent took on your fleets
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Ready? Stop being silly, it's really sad to read. Changing upgrade cost is a peace of cake, coding isn't magic.
  • Options
    now that CG has said that this will hopefully be in the next update, is that the weekly update on Thursday? or the next title update which will be who knows when?
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    now that CG has said that this will hopefully be in the next update, is that the weekly update on Thursday? or the next title update which will be who knows when?

It'll be in the normal content update, which are done on Wednesdays. Next Title Update is likely in November/December based on previous cadences.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »

It'll be in the normal content update, which are done on Wednesdays. Next Title Update is likely in November/December based on previous cadences.

In that case I'll hold off doing higher level relic upgrades until I see what happens with the changes
  • Options

RELIC UPDATE
    With the continued growth of the Relic system over the last few years, some lower-tier Relic materials have become scarcer than intended. As a result, high-requirement chases (R7+) are sometimes preventing Players from working on other squads or goals. To address this, Carbonite Circuit Boards and Bronzium Wiring will be removed from Relic 8 and Relic 9 recipes. This frees those Relic Materials to be used on newer and/or in-development squads.

A year from now they’ll get around to releasing half of it