Max Poe or 5* RG arena

Randall
1001 posts Member
RG should hit 5* tomorrow. Release date server, been taking top 20 playing all my battles after payout due to work travel this week.
All lol 73 maxed everything except hair dryers
DOOKU
QGJ
Rey (6*)
Poe
GS

I fear the lower power and star level will get me attacked more even if the team is better on defense. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Would still use RG imo.
    Insta taunt just adds an element of RNG.
    If you miss Rey, but your assist hits, you won't kill her. RG taunt will activate.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly. Double-edged sword. I don't play what I feel is my best team most of the time in arena because it looks too weak and I'm attacked constantly.
  • Options
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    Exactly. Double-edged sword. I don't play what I feel is my best team most of the time in arena because it looks too weak and I'm attacked constantly.

Been dropping to the 30s regularly. I think my 6 star Rey is the problem. Even though she's great, 6 stars in a lineup of max toons would really be a magnet.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    So basically everything thinks the same I do? RG is better but I would probably get attacked more, however I would probably win (slightly) more defensive fights?
  • Options
    A 5* RG is incredibly viable in Arena.
    I'd take on a 7* Poe team NP but I'd at least hesitate to hit a 5* RG team
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Against Dooku lead teams Poe is not good. Against everything else, Poe is underrated imo. No idea why.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Against Dooku lead teams Poe is not good. Against everything else, Poe is underrated imo. No idea why.
    Poe was banished in the last meta because he was a free team offense up when everyone had QGJ and rendered useless when people started starring up yoda. His speed was also nerfed and he went after GS. I've seen him more recently but he's still a liability.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well I seem to drop from 1-5 (the 2 weeks anyway) to 13-22 before I start my 5 fights an hour before payout. And took 11th place two days this week without making any fights until after payout, so I guess my point is that either I am not being attacked much, or that my team does well on defense with Poe. Do you think the increase in effectiveness of RG over Poe offsets the, what I assume to be, extra attacks I will be subjected to.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Well I seem to drop from 1-5 (the 2 weeks anyway) to 13-22 before I start my 5 fights an hour before payout. And took 11th place two days this week without making any fights until after payout, so I guess my point is that either I am not being attacked much, or that my team does well on defense with Poe. Do you think the increase in effectiveness of RG over Poe offsets the, what I assume to be, extra attacks I will be subjected to.

It's hard to speculate because I don't know the maturity of your shard. I don't exactly avoid Poe teams but if I'm not going to play my team with both QGJ and yoda, I may skip the potential headache. I'm usually under 15 when I start my climb so it doesn't matter much challenging a different opponent who isn't the lowest possible.