New raid incoming?

So, Jabba has a special functionality in raids, but all current raids are long solved and he is hardly a character to help new players. Of course, it might be just future-proofing or even entirely pointless (this is CG after all), but it has me thinking about a potential new raid. I know they said that raids are too much work and get solved quickly or something along those lines, but perhaps they found a way to fit a raid in their minimum effort "modular" way of doing things we are seeing lately. What do you think it could be?

Replies

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, Jabba has a special functionality in raids, but all current raids are long solved and he is hardly a character to help new players.

Not sure about that. A new player following the journey guide might aim for jkl on tier 5 and then Jabba at 1st GL. That would be a way to stay out of the infamous sequel and still develop a fine roster, being competitive in the pve aspect of the game at least.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So, Jabba has a special functionality in raids, but all current raids are long solved and he is hardly a character to help new players.

Not sure about that. A new player following the journey guide might aim for jkl on tier 5 and then Jabba at 1st GL. That would be a way to stay out of the infamous sequel and still develop a fine roster, being competitive in the pve aspect of the game at least.

Why not go for a GL that is good in both PvE and PvP instead? To me, Jabba seems like an endgame PvE unit, and there is no truly endgame raid at the moment.
  • Options
    While Jabba’s kit indicates he is going to be very good in PVE content, it remains to be seen how good he is in PvP for one reason.

He’s not in the game yet. Until he is, it’s all speculation to how he performs against other GLs.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Why not go for a GL that is good in both PvE and PvP instead?

Because OT.

But i’ll take a new raid instead !

• Options
    Leia has a raid buff too… I am thinking new raid as well, maybe they finally worked on the one they started before?