Neutral characters

So will some characters become neutral when Hondo hits? Like wampa.

Replies

• Options
    i think they will only do it IF it wont affect characters in mode like TB. like if wampa suddenly cant be used in a dark side TB because he's neutral that's bad for some players
  • Options
    Or neutral can be used in both ls and ds tb
  • Options
    Or neutral can be used in both ls and ds tb

that's what i hope for, but if they cant be... then no one should be neutral besides new characters
  • Options
    I'm interested in the same thing. The Neutral tag has existed in the game, unused, for a long time. What is their intention for the tag now that they've given it out once?

Personally my favourite nominee for "neutral" are the Jawas. They kidnap sentient life forms, but they're LightSide? That makes no sense except in a game where the genocidal maniacs who destroy planets are DarkSide and everyone else is LS by default.
  • Options
    There's a lot of great candidates. Tuskens could have the same argument as jawas. Some of the bounty hunters, not all, or scoundrels in general. That's why I ask. I agree they need to be usable in both. LS and DS TB. We'll know more in the fulness of time but I think they should address this.
  • Liquid_Hippie024
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    If Beckett comes in I could easily see him having a neutral smuggler tag. Or a GL revan. Fulcrum Ashoka could switch over to it maybe since she left the Jedi Order (even tho she was still had a huge impact against the empire)? Most mandos would probably get switched to neutral too. They'll probably release a pirate faction with Hondo (I hope) that could fit that. Or more beasts (nexu, rancor, dewback, etc)!! Hell, even conquest boba could make that tag work
  • Options
    What about datacrons? Can a neutral get all lvl 3 bonuses, or none?
  • Options
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    There's a lot of great candidates. Tuskens could have the same argument as jawas. Some of the bounty hunters, not all, or scoundrels in general. That's why I ask. I agree they need to be usable in both. LS and DS TB. We'll know more in the fulness of time but I think they should address this.

Or they will be the neutral part in the new TB
  • Options
    If Beckett comes in I could easily see him having a neutral smuggler tag. Or a GL revan. Fulcrum Ashoka could switch over to it maybe since she left the Jedi Order (even tho she was still had a huge impact against the empire)? Most mandos would probably get switched to neutral too. They'll probably release a pirate faction with Hondo (I hope) that could fit that. Or more beasts (nexu, rancor, dewback, etc)!! Hell, even conquest boba could make that tag work

I think Ahsoka fulcrum is a bad example, yes she left the order, but she never dabbled in anything darkside, she was always objectively good. id say neutral characters are ones that could end up on either side at any moment without reason besides that it benefits them. which is where beasts, some bounty hunters, some smugglers, and select factions, could fall in
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    IIRC, the neutral tag was first meant for T3-M4, so he should get it now that it's actually added.
  • Options
    Dont mess with existing characters, release new ones/variants.
  • Options
    Han Solo in A New Hope is, for the most part of the movie, a neutral character. And he shot first!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Darthwares wrote: »

If the neutral tag means that they can be used in both LS and DS, then do mess with existing characters. The more the better, especially when it comes to BHs.
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

I think Ahsoka fulcrum is a bad example, yes she left the order, but she never dabbled in anything darkside, she was always objectively good. id say neutral characters are ones that could end up on either side at any moment without reason besides that it benefits them. which is where beasts, some bounty hunters, some smugglers, and select factions, could fall in

Fair point. Ignore her on that potential change then (for now - who knows what her new series will bring lol). If they bring windu back in any of the new shows do you think he would he be able to fit that neutral tag considering his combat style and general force knowledge? (it's pure speculation on my end regarding his return, but I still have high hopes)
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

If the neutral tag means that they can be used in both LS and DS, then do mess with existing characters. The more the better, especially when it comes to BHs.

The main thing I see against changing certain characters now is it may affect some teams. For example, remember those early conquest feats where you had to get kills with like old republic or some other team you hadn't farmed? JML is great for those since he can call any LS character with his granted ability. So, it's not just TBs. If it also messes with teams currently set, we can't expect a change and I doubt abilities like JML's would be changed to LS or neutral characters.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully they address it in the Kit Revel/Dev Insights today.
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

The main thing I see against changing certain characters now is it may affect some teams. For example, remember those early conquest feats where you had to get kills with like old republic or some other team you hadn't farmed? JML is great for those since he can call any LS character with his granted ability. So, it's not just TBs. If it also messes with teams currently set, we can't expect a change and I doubt abilities like JML's would be changed to LS or neutral characters.

There are only a handful they could change, so I doubt this would be a real issue. But no, I wouldn't expect them to update things like JML's ability to call both LS and Neutral.
  • Options
    I think all of toons needed for Aphra, including Aphra, will be neutral.
  • Options
    @AM2Rainman

Yeah, the Rey+ Jawas for TD feats that's used in Conquest & GCs would be neutered if the Jawas' alignment changed. Still, I think Neutral fits them better than LS.
  • Options
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    I think all of toons needed for Aphra, including Aphra, will be neutral.

Aphra will be dark side and empire.
  • Options
    I feel like “unaligned” is a muuuuuuch better descriptor than “neutral.”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited October 2022
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like “unaligned” is a muuuuuuch better descriptor than “neutral.”

disagree

being neither light or dark alignment is an alignment in itself!
  • Options
    I don’t think CG devs thought about neutral characters and datacrons impacts yet. Datacrons are being nerfed yet again and becoming less significant as we phase out this early series that were over powered.
  • Options
    From this TB, after the update0lrgyh321guq.png
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they said they were adding a node in both TBs for Jabba back on the day, obviously that could change but I wouldn't be surprised if bounty hunters in general became neutral.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Pretty sure they said they were adding a node in both TBs for Jabba back on the day, obviously that could change but I wouldn't be surprised if bounty hunters in general became neutral.

They won't change alignment of existing characters because it will break team compositions players built those units for

Jabba node I expect to come when the new territory battle launches
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

I think they meant both darkside Hoth and Geo. and even if they added it to the lightside, jabba is full darkside. he's no neutral character
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Datacrons are being nerfed yet again and becoming less significant as we phase out this early series that were over powered.

Yay!

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH