GW: Help me understand if the matchmaking system has changed

Hello everyone,

Could you please tell me:
  1. the total power of your opponent on your 1st GW node
  2. the total power of your opponent on your last GW node
  3. the max power Arena team you have used so far (and/or your current Arena power in case you don't know it)
  4. the total power of your 5 best toons on your roster

I would like to check if the GW matchmaking is still based on the best arena team power we have ever won a game with (it seems it has changed since the level cap raised) or on the power of the 5 best toons on our roster (even if we haven't used them in Arena).

e.g. with my data:
  • Max Arena power: 27,304
  • Current Arena power: 24,858
  • Max 5 toons power: 28,355
  • First Node: 16,944
  • Last Node: 28,274

P.S. For those who don't know how to get the power of your opponent in GW, you just have to hold on each of his toon picture before launching the level, his power will be written on the top right side of the screen (you will be able to see as well which are the level of all of his abilities).

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    Anyone can help me on this?
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been tracking my GW nodes for a few weeks. These are today's results.
    (I suspect that Max GW team may also play a factor under some circumstances, but I'm still collecting data.)

Power of GW node as compared to Max arena team.
    60% 65% 70% 75% 80% 85% 90% 95% 96% 97% 98% 100%
    Post edited by sid on
  • Options
    sid wrote: »
    I've been tracking my GW nodes for a few weeks. These are today's results.
    (I suspect that Max GW team may also play a factor under some circumstances, but I'm still collecting data.)

Power of GW node as compared to Max arena team.
    60%
    65%
    70%
    75%
    80%
    85%
    90%
    95%
    96%
    97%
    98%
    100%

Thanks for this.

I have been tracking it as well for the last two weeks.
    Before level cap raise it was the exact same number you wrote. But it seems to have changed. My arena didn't change (however I have upgraded some of my best toons I don't use in Arena) and I am constantly facing 28.2k teams on my last node vs 27.3k before and I am not the only one with this issue. I am not sure if they still use max arena power.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    surfeur14 wrote: »
    Anyone can help me on this?

None understand that much about Galatic war. It's like fighting Croata, but Croat is Yoda and he tells you do or don't doesn't matter, the key if realizing RNG rules mighty.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what their power is. They die all the same.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Before level cap raise it was the exact same number you wrote. But it seems to have changed. My arena didn't change (however I have upgraded some of my best toons I don't use in Arena) and I am constantly facing 28.2k teams on my last node vs 27.3k before and I am not the only one with this issue. I am not sure if they still use max arena power.
    @surfeur14 Did you use a high power team in GW? I suspect that when the GW team has higher power than the Arena team, that the GW power affects difficulty as well. Perhaps a weighted average of both?

• Options
    sid wrote: »
    @surfeur14 Did you use a high power team in GW? I suspect that when the GW team has higher power than the Arena team, that the GW power affects difficulty as well. Perhaps a weighted average of both?

I use a higher GW team, not on every node but in general yes.
    So far my results seems to be in line with: 60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95,96,97,98,100% of the base power for each respective node.
    Before level cap raise power base being the highest power Arena team, and now being the power of the 5 best toons of my roster.
    I have upgraded some of my best toons that I don't use in Arena (nor in most of the GW node) and GW opponent's power increased in line.
    Just wanted to check if those results were consistent with other players.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    There was a recent update that tweaked GW, check the patch notes.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    There was a recent update that tweaked GW, check the patch notes.

The last GW note was published prior the level cap raise. Since the patch note they were using highest Arena power, my results are in line with this, but they seem to have change it since the beginning of the month.