Raise of ingame Prices

Prev1
so yesteday i noticed the prices for crystals and normal store items were risen by 20% on my iOS device. After doublechecking with some friends we noticed, it was ONLY on iOS devices, so i thaught it might have something to do with the cut apple takes from ingame purchases but today, the prices were also risen for ANDROID users, so that cant be it.

When i talked to some friends outside of the EU (Norwegian) we found out the prices there stayed the same.

Is there any explanation for that and why wasn´t that announced at all and just done over night?

Replies

• Options
    As an addition: While chatting with EA support, the employee said " we do not have any information about that, try posting in our forums"
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Apple announced regional changes. CG didnt raise the prices

As for Android, i didnt see any raises by now.
  • Options
    but why the raise for android too then?
  • Options
    I just looked. Yes they did raise the prices.

Maybe because of "unfair advantage" for android/bluestacks user
  • Peak_Celery
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    this is the store
    on a friends android device
    vdsm08bybxii.png

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's because the US Dollar has been rising in relative exchange rates and the Euro has been falling. EA/CG are US companies, and they only care about how much USD they get on the back end. If your country's currency decreases in value, then it's going to cost you more of your currency to buy the same American Product (or here, pixels). This has nothing to do with EA/CG; it's just how currency exchange rates work.

I don't mean to be offensive when I say look away from the screen for a few seconds, touch grass. Interest rates are going up in the US and Europe, there is a world wide recession looming, a war actively happening in Eastern Europe waged by the largest country in the world and biggest exporter of gas and petrol to Europe, and sanctions on said country.

There are other factors influencing prices other than a single company's policies. I'm not a CG apologist, but if CG, other mobile games, Amazon, etc are charging more Euros for American goods purchased internationally, it may be an issue larger than those individual companies.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    Yes, they increased the cost of the crystals. That have Nothing to do with Apple or Google because they don't Have a way to change the prices, any change on prices (increase or decrease) it's because of the the publisher/studio (EA/CG)
  • Options
    Currently in the UK and the prices have stayed the same.

edp51e6znnqz.jpg
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »
    Yes, they increased the cost of the crystals. That have Nothing to do with Apple or Google because they don't Have a way to change the prices, any change on prices (increase or decrease) it's because of the the publisher/studio (EA/CG)
    This is demonstrably false.

Why are you posting this stuff if you don't understand how it works?
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »

This is completely false. CG sets prices in USD and those haven’t changed. Prices for all other currencies are determined by Apple/Google and whatever exchange rates they have set. Apple announced on September 19th that prices would increase for several regions/currencies.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=e1b1hcmv

My assumption would be that Google has followed suit.
  • Options
    Well they could lower the price tiers then accordingly. I am still trying to convince my boss to give me a 20% raise, but that might prove to be in vain.

Its now for every European user to decide for themselves if they want to go on paying 20% more or not. I decided not to.

But this time its not CG to blame for a change. At least prices are evenly higher now for android users as well. Everything else would have been severely unfair.
  • Options
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/android-users-have-to-pay-for-app-store-price-hike_id142941

i think this article perfectly reflects whats happening in swgoh currently.
    Yes, Apple is to blame for the price hike for ios, but to raise prices for other devices is 100% on CG
  • Options
    US has 50% inflation, CG is altering the prices, pray they don’t alter it any further.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/android-users-have-to-pay-for-app-store-price-hike_id142941

Yes, Apple is to blame for the price hike for ios, but to raise prices for other devices is 100% on CG

I think that article is poorly written and researched, without any sources cited or credentials given for the author.
  • InquisitorFang
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    US has 50% inflation, CG is altering the prices, pray they don’t alter it any further.

US inflation is at something like 8%, which is definitely above the recommended 2% - a small amount of inflation is seen as good - it encourages people to take on debt and invest and otherwise not just sit on their money.

Places like Turkey and Argentina are seeing inflation like the 50% claimed - it’s very real (and even that isn’t hyperinflation).
  • Options

US inflation is at something like 8%, which is definitely above the recommended 2% - a small amount of inflation is seen as good - it encourages people to take on debt and invest and otherwise not just sit on their money.

Places like Turkey and Argentina are seeing inflation like the 50% claimed - it’s very real (and even that isn’t hyperinflation).

Food and gas is way above 8% but lets keep this on topic.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    There is some sort of special military operation going on, and also there is a cost of living crisis due to energy prices going crazy. This all means the 1% need more money, hence we get to pay higher prices to keep them all in super yachts and cavier. Hope this helps, I don't know if you get the latest news in your mom's basement or not.
  • Options
    Yes 119.99€ now in Germany

higher price because energy for shipping is rising ?
  • Options
    These are micropayments. Nobody has to work for it.

Game crashes every second fight and I lose some crystals because of that, but you raise the micropayments!!!!

Shame on you.
  • PKMandalore
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Time will tell. I will stop buying crystals at +20%. I know this will not be a wider community reaction. For me it is just no longer justified for a game that has so many issues.

From a business perspective I don’t think the equation will work out. But who am I to judge I am just a simple player!
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    In my country they have raised them by 26%.

I might get some rise due to strong dolar inflation etc but when it was other way around the prices never dropped. I guess no more crustal buying from me
  • Options
    Its a virtual product. No value added, instead multiple game crashes reported and addressed in forum. No reason for price increase, the price should be decreased as a make good and an apology to the player base.
  • Options

This is false, both Apple and Google regularly change prices based on exchange rate.

The Euro, as an example, is doing trashy right now.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Enas007 wrote: »
    instead multiple game crashes reported and addressed in forum. /quote]

Game crashes Reported and completely IGNORED on the forum i think it's what you try to say.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Enas007 wrote: »
    Its a virtual product. No value added, instead multiple game crashes reported and addressed in forum. No reason for price increase, the price should be decreased as a make good and an apology to the player base.

do you think having packs on discount a good make-good for game wide crashes?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Food and gas is way above 8% but lets keep this on topic.

Lol those arent all due to inflation. Some of it, but regulations and the price of oil is what drives gas prices. (Lol and shipping /transporting it)

And if gas goes up in cost, shipping goods to your local grocery store goes up.... store doesnt eat that cost, consumer does.

Plain and simple, you add those to inflation making the dollar worth less overall and you get a perfect storm where you see said increase.

Just dont think its all tied to inflation.

Much like the force, the causes are all around. Its not just one thing
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    papaofmom wrote: »
    In my country they have raised them by 26%.

I might get some rise due to strong dolar inflation etc but when it was other way around the prices never dropped. I guess no more crustal buying from me

No reason to drop.

If i sell you X for $10 and then due to the market conditions, i raise to $15... you continue to buy.

Nowbthe market goes backwards, why do i give the rest back instead of make more?

Youve proven you can and will pay it
  • Options
    I believe it is because the Euro curency is down.. it paid before 1.14 and now woth it less than 0.94... maybe they just adjusted based on currency. Here in Brazil the prices still the same