Datacron pricing system

in my oppinion, daracrons are some sort of time contract. so they really should consider how long you can use this datacrons (time or number of events with use of this cron type). who would ever care about evolving his crons, that will expire in a short time?
just reduce the upgrading prices under the time aspect, just like you increase for additional rerolls.

Replies

• Options
    Can someone please translate this?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing OP wants a DC to cost less mats to upgrade based on how much time is left before they are dismantled.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I mean they are a lot harder to level up since this last set. I actually liked datacrons. But if they stay the same I will not bother so much in future. It’s cost me a crate in conquest to what I usually get and I still did not get the roll I want. I’d rather focus on my conquest rewards again in future.
  • Options
    in my oppinion, daracrons are some sort of time contract. so they really should consider how long you can use this datacrons (time or number of events with use of this cron type). who would ever care about evolving his crons, that will expire in a short time?
    just reduce the upgrading prices under the time aspect, just like you increase for additional rerolls.

If they settle down to this 2+2 rolling cycle, for each set, we have 2 conquests to acquire and upgrade, with store purchases in tween. There are plenty of chances throughout the cycle for a player to decide whether/when to spend resources on a set. For instance, I can see people more willing to do full refreshes in the 1st conquest and farm as many mats as they can, until they roll the best ones from the set (or exhausted trying, of course). And how many refreshes to farm mats in the 2nd conquest would largely depend on how they did in the 1st. They would also be more willing to spend in the store the earlier in a cycle. So any "time decay" in a set's value is reflected in this "willingness to spend".

What you are suggesting seems almost like a stock options pricing model, which can get a bit too complicated. None of the in-game numbers - required mats, store prices, etc. - seem dynamic to me. It takes an update to change any of them.