Survey- Thank You!

After all my complaining about no real response to this issue, I was very happy to read Meathead's post and the survey (which I will complete with as much detail as I can). All I really wanted was to know that this was being taken seriously as a priority, which appears is the case. Thank you, and hopefully the information we provide can help get this fixed quickly.

Replies

• Options
    I've completed it. Hope others do too.
  • CommonVillain
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'll say thank you once the fix is there. But for now, it's too late and it should have been fixed a month ago. A response 2 months later is embarrassing.
    Post edited by CommonVillain on
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    After all my complaining about no real response to this issue, I was very happy to read Meathead's post and the survey (which I will complete with as much detail as I can). All I really wanted was to know that this was being taken seriously as a priority, which appears is the case. Thank you, and hopefully the information we provide can help get this fixed quickly.

Where is this survey please?
  • Mh5150
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks for nothing
  • CommonVillain
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Mh5150 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I'll say thank you once the fix is there. But for now, it's too late and it should have been fixed a month ago. A response 2 months later is embaressing

So is bad spelling.

Fixed. Thanks Karen.

Not a Karen but a Richard ...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/259522/survey-on-increased-freezing-since-last-title-update#latest

Here is the actual survey. I don't know what the other link was.
  • Options
    The communication is nice. About time.

The survey doesn't really accomplish anything the weeks worth of bug reports and posts have already been communicating. Unless this is CG's way of keeping a rough estimate of how many people will need to be compensated for this game breaking bug, I don't see how this survey help solve anything.

What new information are they hoping to get from this?
  • Options
    Sev112 wrote: »
    The communication is nice. About time.

The survey doesn't really accomplish anything the weeks worth of bug reports and posts have already been communicating. Unless this is CG's way of keeping a rough estimate of how many people will need to be compensated for this game breaking bug, I don't see how this survey help solve anything.

What new information are they hoping to get from this?

They don’t care about any new information and will not even process the survey
    $$$ spent is the only information they actually look at.
  • Options
    the interesting thing: met freeze actually from squad prepare to battle , but second part only can chose one.
  • Options
    I'll be thankful when they actual fix the problem
  • Options
    Wonder if we can take survey more than once. Now game is freezing for me without the loading circle being present, which didnt happen before. Wonder if they tried a fix focused on that? And now freezing without it...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Wonder if we can take survey more than once.

Only one way to find out
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Only one way to find out

Nope, can only take it once
  • Options

Only one way to find out

I guess that's why we have been asked ro provide player name and ally code.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Only one way to find out

I guess. My reason to fill out another is that the freezing instances have now changed for me. Not sure if they did something to try and fix the frozen wheel crash. Now i get freezes, but no frozen wheel
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Only one way to find out

I guess. My reason to fill out another is that the freezing instances have now changed for me. Not sure if they did something to try and fix the frozen wheel crash. Now i get freezes, but no frozen wheel

I had one one frozen wheel yesterday but so far so good today.

No confort for those impacted more I know. It's a very odd bug.
  • Options

First required answer is to find a 20 digit random code to enter in, as well as ally code. Way to make it too hard to bother.
  • Options
    And you can only fill it out once? I was going to fill it in for each occurence.
    Just had it when simming a normal energy node.
    Can get it when going into a store.
    Launching any kind of battle.
    Moving into the ships room.

But the survey only allows for a single type of crash. What is the point?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    And you can only fill it out once? I was going to fill it in for each occurence.
    Just had it when simming a normal energy node.
    Can get it when going into a store.
    Launching any kind of battle.
    Moving into the ships room.

But the survey only allows for a single type of crash. What is the point?

I'm sure they'll have plenty of data points to work with. If they need more, they can ask for it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

First required answer is to find a 20 digit random code to enter in, as well as ally code. Way to make it too hard to bother.

So it's too hard to bother doing once, but you're also complaining you can't do it more?

Sounds like someone just wants to complain.
  • Options
    Where could I find the survey?
  • Options

Its in the Dev Announcements threads:

FILL IN THIS SURVEY IF YOU EXPERIENCE THE FREEZE ABOVE:
    https://forms.gle/Ek8FnENMfRcmqKeX7
  • Options

Its in the Dev Announcements threads:

FILL IN THIS SURVEY IF YOU EXPERIENCE THE FREEZE ABOVE:
    https://forms.gle/Ek8FnENMfRcmqKeX7

Thanks
  • Options

So it's too hard to bother doing once, but you're also complaining you can't do it more?

Sounds like he has 2 complaints. Asking for the player code is redundant and overly burdensome if we provide the ally code. Not being able to provide additional information for subsequent crashes limits the data CG can collect.

Sounds like you just want to complain that someone else has a criticism of the survey rather than addressing the merits of their criticism.

You have no idea why they ask for both player and ally codes. I assume they need it. Whining that's it too hard to provide that is awful petty. It's also completely optional, so if someone is too lazy, they can opt out.

I am also sure they have received plenty of data points to help them diagnose the issues, and every crash from every player is not necessary.
  • Options

If you are making a survey to collect data, you need to make it as user friendly as possible. The survey is terrible.

Why 2 forms of id for a player?

Why a 28 option bullet list (twice!) that only pertains to one of the previous responses possible, but the bullet list is a required answer to submit the survey?

Even with the huge list there was no appropriate selections I could make to say I was simming a normal energy node, and didn't make it to the rewards screen.

They really need to work on their info gathering.

Player id should only be requested if they might want to look at your history to see the instance of crash, so put an additional question at the end that is hidden. It is revealed if any of the earlier answers selected indicate the log would be helpful.

Make it so easy to fill in they can get more and more data points.
  • Options

Sounds like he has 2 complaints. Asking for the player code is redundant and overly burdensome if we provide the ally code. Not being able to provide additional information for subsequent crashes limits the data CG can collect.

Sounds like you just want to complain that someone else has a criticism of the survey rather than addressing the merits of their criticism.

You have no idea why they ask for both player and ally codes. I assume they need it. Whining that's it too hard to provide that is awful petty. It's also completely optional, so if someone is too lazy, they can opt out.

I am also sure they have received plenty of data points to help them diagnose the issues, and every crash from every player is not necessary.

You're doing an awful lot of assuming...

I didn't see anyone say that it's "too hard to provide". I saw someone point out that it is unnecessarily burdensome to ask for 2 pieces of information that are redundant, one of which is obnoxious to obtain.

The less data they gather, the less likely they are to find the cause of the issue. So I'm not a fan of "lazy" would-be participants opting out. Given CG has no idea what's wrong with the game right now, I think it would be advantageous to gather as much data as possible.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

If you are making a survey to collect data, you need to make it as user friendly as possible. The survey is terrible.

Why 2 forms of id for a player?

Why a 28 option bullet list (twice!) that only pertains to one of the previous responses possible, but the bullet list is a required answer to submit the survey?

Even with the huge list there was no appropriate selections I could make to say I was simming a normal energy node, and didn't make it to the rewards screen.

They really need to work on their info gathering.

Player id should only be requested if they might want to look at your history to see the instance of crash, so put an additional question at the end that is hidden. It is revealed if any of the earlier answers selected indicate the log would be helpful.

Make it so easy to fill in they can get more and more data points.

Seems from the outcry on the forums that there was sufficient impetus to complete the survey even given the extremely difficult task of writing one's own ID.

I found it worth doing, did you?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

You're doing an awful lot of assuming...

I didn't see anyone say that it's "too hard to provide". I saw someone point out that it is unnecessarily burdensome to ask for 2 pieces of information that are redundant, one of which is obnoxious to obtain.

The less data they gather, the less likely they are to find the cause of the issue. So I'm not a fan of "lazy" would-be participants opting out. Given CG has no idea what's wrong with the game right now, I think it would be advantageous to gather as much data as possible.

When you have your own broken game, you can fix it how you like.

I'll take the actual devs advice here, since it's worth 17secs of my time to get it fixed.
  • Options
    I took the time to fill it out as well. You seem to be missing the point, so I'll let you go in peace.