Datacrons

Has CG polled the community in Datacrons yet? I personally hate them and I believe they aren't balanced right. I think they should just be deleted from the game. I don't see how reworks of older toons and even newer toons are not a better option. I'm finding it hard to believe the dodge and cooldown datacrons made it through play testing.

Replies

• Options
    I have yet to talk to anyone who actually likes datacrons. I have never seen so much negative feedback about a new game feature. CG obviously recognizes this and doesn't care. Getting rid of them would be going backwards in their minds I'm sure so we are stuck with them. I can't count the number of people who have said they are quitting because datacrons have ruined the fun.
  • Options
    There are so many interactions and variables with abilities that its impossible to predict when a seemingly moderate datacron is going to result in some absolute cheese that then becomes a literal wildcard in GAC. For example the Tarkin dance cheese. It became a free win wherever you try to use it and you can't tell me that CG envisioned datacrons being used that way. But every so many months there is going to be a new cheese where some silly character gets to use their special ability 50 times in a row for a guaranteed free win. In short, datacrons feel like you are just paying to use a cheat code on a few characters/squads every month.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    There are so many interactions and variables with abilities that its impossible to predict when a seemingly moderate datacron is going to result in some absolute cheese that then becomes a literal wildcard in GAC. For example the Tarkin dance cheese. It became a free win wherever you try to use it and you can't tell me that CG envisioned datacrons being used that way. But every so many months there is going to be a new cheese where some silly character gets to use their special ability 50 times in a row for a guaranteed free win. In short, datacrons feel like you are just paying to use a cheat code on a few characters/squads every month.

It wasn't guaranteed, there were multiple ways to prevent it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WhySoSideous
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It wasn't guaranteed, there were multiple ways to prevent it.

I'm speaking generally not necessarily about Tarkin, though there is no way to insulate your entire GAC roster against that. There is always going to be unintended cheese when you start toying with things like cooldowns. The game becomes more about exploiting or preventing cheese then strategic use of global rules that we've all been farming based on for, in some cases, years.